The official NFL Thread (5 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Case Keenum is only guaranteed $2m this year. He's proved a hell of a lot of people wrong and the Vikings have got a huge decision to make this spring. I'd take any of their guys at Washington.

Otis

wow what a game

rooting for saints but damn a plast play time done touchdown is ridiculous entertainment

hoping for eagles to make superbowl but fair play vikings showed alot yesterday

but damn NO nearly got a sack ont hat last play, fine margins
I didn't mind who won before the game, but after NO's fantastic comeback I was firmly rooting for them and I felt gutted they lost.

All that effort and the game in the bag and they were let down by one solitary defender , in one solitary moment who now has to live with that for the rest of his life.

Otis

Case Keenum is only guaranteed $2m this year. He's proved a hell of a lot of people wrong and the Vikings have got a huge decision to make this spring. I'd take any of their guys at Washington.
I think I'd be happy with Foles too.

I always used to fear him when the Skins came up against the Eagles and he was a pro bowler back in 2013. He then got injured.

Wendtz has to be their guy next season surely, so why not Foles here. He left before (Rams) because they selected Jared Goff and he was going to be down the pecking order there and he ended up back at Philadelphia.

And he's still just 28!

Otis

i wonder if jags can scare patriots
They can indeed.

They have a fantastic defence.

Three keys for me in this.

1. They need to get to Brady and I think they will.
2. They have to stop Gronk
And
3. Bortles needs to play well.

Belichick will no doubt throw some trick plays into the mix and shake it up and I think the Pats will probably win, but I would not be at all surprised if the Jaguars go in there and win that game. Would be no surprise at all.

It's an intriguing matchup.

I do now think though that Minnesota's name is on the trophy. They were beaten, down and out and yet here they are.

I expect them to beat the Eagles.

covcity4life

They can indeed.

They have a fantastic defence.

Three keys for me in this.

1. They need to get to Brady and I think they will.
2. They have to stop Gronk
And
3. Bortles needs to play well.

Belichick will no doubt throw some trick plays into the mix and shake it up and I think the Pats will probably win, but I would not be at all surprised if the Jaguars go in there and win that game. Would be no surprise at all.

It's an intriguing matchup.

I do now think though that Minnesota's name is on the trophy. They were beaten, down and out and yet here they are.

I expect them to beat the Eagles.
they conceded 45 pts though

Liquid Gold

If anybody is going to beat the Pats then it needs to be a team with a rock hard defence so I could see Jacksonville giving it a really good go. I still have the pats as my pick for the trophy but would love to be wrong, they're the only team left that has won it before so with them out we'd have a new winner. If I could pick then I'd really like to see Jaguars Vikings Super Bowl.

Otis

If anybody is going to beat the Pats then it needs to be a team with a rock hard defence so I could see Jacksonville giving it a really good go. I still have the pats as my pick for the trophy but would love to be wrong, they're the only team left that has won it before so with them out we'd have a new winner. If I could pick then I'd really like to see Jaguars Vikings Super Bowl.
Would love to see the Jags win the whole thing. They have obviously now become a permanent British fixture here with their annual Wembley games.

Liquid Gold

Would love to see the Jags win the whole thing. They have obviously now become a permanent British fixture here with their annual Wembley games.
Not just that, they are always looked down on by some and a win for them would prove that you don't need to throw insane money at your QB to make things work so long as you do the other things right. Might settle the market down.

ajsccfc

How good was Scott Hanson on the Sky coverage? I always watch Redzone by default instead of the live games, he's a proper TV pro, like if Jeff Stelling went solo and didn't have to throw over to a load of goons.

My daughter has tickets for the AFC Championship game, big Pat's fan has never forgiven me for taking only her younger sister to the first Super Bowl winning parade in Boston!

Otis

My daughter has tickets for the AFC Championship game, big Pat's fan has never forgiven me for taking only her younger sister to the first Super Bowl winning parade in Boston!
Should be a cracker!

Pretty much all the post season games have been a total joy to watch and nail-biters too.

Liquid Gold

Should be a cracker!

Pretty much all the post season games have been a total joy to watch and nail-biters too.
Jags Steelers was a cracker but wouldn't say nail biting. I was just watching in shock as Jacksonville wandered off with the game.

tisza

keep replaying it in my mind,even if he catches it and diggs forces him out of bounds its still a nervy FG attempt for vikings.

will be itneresting to see how phillys TWO running backs get on vs vikings, they were very good vs the run last night
Been good against the run all season apart from one game against Panthers. Kept Ingram & Kamara under a combined 100yds again last night. 2 best run defences - Vikings & Eagles.
Pitch could be the biggest factor - looked awful in the Falcons game. 2 of 3 defeats this year on grass but have played in worst conditions whilst new stadium was being built. Can't be much worse than -16C at Lambeau.

Otis

Jags Steelers was a cracker but wouldn't say nail biting. I was just watching in shock as Jacksonville wandered off with the game.
Well they did, but at the same time Pittsburgh kept getting within 7 points of them.

I found it exciting for sure.

covcity4life

Well they did, but at the same time Pittsburgh kept getting within 7 points of them.

I found it exciting for sure.

NFL does kinda manufacture these last gasp moments though due to the rules

hence whilst its amazing like last night the ones where its a beat the clock and hit FG quickly(or better off delaying it) scenarios are not as natural.

football(ours) is a better sport.

The first problem any warm weather team (like Jacksonville) has going to Foxborough is it is in the middle of nowhere and can be ridiculously cold (their win rates are in the 30% area) luckily the weather looks like it will be pretty nice there over the weekend, something the Pats will hope changes!!!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Tough one tonight. Always followed the Patriots and had them as my team but really want the Jags to do well, they have had a great season.

Liquid Gold

Bortles =
giphy.gif

ajsccfc

Jags and Vikings for me, I've got a princely £2.50 on the games going that way too. For high rollers like me, you go big or go home.

Otis

The Pats are getting pummeled.

Unless they shake things up they are going to get blown away.

skybluebeast

Blake Bortles has been a revelation so far in the playoffs. I stated the Jags were dark horses based on their high flying D and Fournette pounding teams however I didn’t expect to see Bortles making plays with his arm. A Jags v Vikes Super Bowl would be a truly intriguing game for sure, both with such good D.
Trouble is all we will hear for a long time is Vikes being the 1st team to play super bowl in their own stadium.

skybluebeast

Jags needed a touchdown on their last drive. Momentum has shifted to the Pats and the Jags are inexperienced, Iv seen this script before as a Falcons fan.

skybluebeast

Jags play calling is questionable, they should learn from the Super Bowl. Run the ball, find a way to run the ball it kills time. Plus you can get play action going off it.

Users who are viewing this thread