The official NFL Thread (8 Viewers)

covcity4life

well as i said vikings never had a chance of making superbowl, they should have been out last week lets be honest. surprised so many people thought they could win it, even the sky pundits admitted no one picking eagles

EXCEPT ME. i know my nfl

as for the other game pats figured out jags offence afetr 1st half and it wasnt a shock to seem them come back. good effort from jags though

hope eagles can win superbowl now

Liquid Gold

This season has sort of proven that you don't need to be paying way over the odds for your franchise QB. There are plenty of so called back ups out there that, given the right coaching, can be just as effective. Keenum has had an amazing season at the Vikings and Foles was incredible last night, no way you'd be able to pick him out as a backup. As a Redskins fan I really hope we don't give Cousins this huge deal he's after and trade for one of these QBs on a reasonable salary ($10m or something) then use the money to give him some weapons.

dutchman

26992477_1401487756651472_2405694243904003392_n.jpg

CCFC88

The Kirk Cousins era is over in DC, Alex Smith traded for Fuller and a 3rd.

Cant help but feel like this is a trade down but with the contractual situation with Kirk our hand was forced a little, surprised we didn't take a QB early in the draft.

I'm not overly convinced by Smith although the system he played in KC has similarities to ours, he used Travis Kelce a lot, we have J Reed (if he can stay healthy), hoping he can utilise Chris Thompson in a similar way to how he got Kareem hunt catching in the backfield and making plays.

With stability under centre for the foreseeable future we can continue to try to build the defence and I'd like to see us try and pick us up an offensive weapon or two for Smith in free agency.

Otis

I am happy with this. Always have liked Smith and he is more mobile than Cousins, which gives us an extra element to our game.

Suits me just fine that news.

Liquid Gold

I'm still hoping for a reasonably early QB draft. Someone we can develop while Smith is first choice.

Now lets see who's going to pay way over the odds for Cousins.

Otis

I'm still hoping for a reasonably early QB draft. Someone we can develop while Smith is first choice.

Now lets see who's going to pay way over the odds for Cousins.
I think Smith and Cousins are quite similar, except that Smith is a lot more mobile and will give you yards on the ground.

Extra string to our bow for me.

Otis

The QB carousel has started, so many QB's have upped their stock this year
Wonder what will happen with Blake Bortles. A weak link for the Jags I would say.

If they had a better QB I think they would have won the Superbowl this year.

Otis

ddint you also pick vikings to win it all lol
Yep. No-one though (pundits too) believed Nick Foles was going to put in such an effort, such a performance.

You can't tell me you did?

Had it been Wendzt I would have said the Eagles, but so many were predicting that the Vikings had the best team to take them to the Superbowl this year.

covcity4life

Yep. No-one though (pundits too) believed Nick Foles was going to put in such an effort, such a performance.

You can't tell me you did?

Had it been Wendzt I would have said the Eagles, but so many were predicting that the Vikings had the best team to take them to the Superbowl this year.
i did.

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

Otis

I would go with the Eagles, but then I think the Belichick factor could be the difference.

The guy is just something else as a coach and there will be some tricks up his sleeve tonight.

Key for Philadelphia is to get pressure on Brady. They do that, that could nullify NE.

Heart says Patriots, head says..... it hasn't got a clue.

Liquid Gold

I'm still hoping there's a way for neither of them to win it. The Eagles will be insufferable if they win and the Patriots are already completely insufferable. I'm hoping Eagles just so Nick Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB...

...Like Alex Smith will be next year.

ajsccfc

I'd like Philadelphia to win and then instantly go back to being a bit dodgy. If they're up at half-time though I'm going in hard on New England.

Users who are viewing this thread