The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

tisza

Bottle test for Eagles. Brady taking over. Having to double team Gronk leaving gaps.

Liquid Gold

I was struggling to stay awake at the start of the 4th but I'm buzzing now. 65 seconds left with a TD and 2 point conversion needed. Can Brady do it again?

covcity4life

Nah brilliant superbowl. 2 quality teams and now foles can be callsd a quality quarter back too

Shit myself when brady shook off that last saxk attempt lol

Otis

Yeah, but you got to like a bit of defence too. This was a slugfest.

What's going to happen to Nick Foles now? Wendtz is undoubtedly their number one, but how can you have the Superbowl winning QB this season be your back up next season?

Wendtz stays healthy that would mean Foles on the bench all year.

He has to ask for a trade if he's not number one hasn't he?

tisza

What's going to happen to Nick Foles now? Wendtz is undoubtedly their number one, but how can you have the Superbowl winning QB this season be your back up next season?

yep QB market getting a bit crowded now. Foles, 2 from the Vikings, Cousins,Brees,

tisza

strange game.
over 1000 yards offence, 1 sack and just 1 punt.
Thought once Pats had regained lead in 4th they would hold on as surely Eagles couldn't keep converting 4th downs..

skybluebeast

What a good game that was, very intriguing game with very little D.
I was going to ask this question in anticipation of another AFC victory in the Super Bowl but them underdogs played out of their skin, I will still ask though.

Do you think it is time the NFL looked to shake up the conferences and divisions? Point being that the rigour the NFC teams have to go through before the playoffs put them on the back foot when coming in to the championship game. We could (with a level of certainty) predict the four winners of each AFC division - North: Ravens, Steelers. East: Pats. South, (most competitive) Jags, Texans or Titans. West: Chiefs, maybe Raiders. Whereas NFC divisions - North: Vikes, Packers, Lions. East: all four teams to be fair if Smith works out in Washington. South: Falcons, Aints, Panthers. West: Rams, Seahawks and the JG led 49ers.

Just feel there could be something that could be done to make things more even. Thoughts?

Moff

Good question Otis, but what a problem to have! I think it will be Wendtz.

So so pleased for the Eagles, and its a monkey off their back. Very few gave them a chance to get through their first play off match, let alone win the Superbowl without Wentz, and Foles grew into the role and helped the Eagles achieve their dream.

Liquid Gold

Foles will be off somewhere, you can't win a Super Bowl and then be happy with being a backup, you'd at least think you deserve a chance elsewhere. Philly will definitely stick with Wentz

Otis

Off to Pat's to replace Brady?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Good call. Brady will be 41 for the coming season. He needs to hang his boots real soon otherwise he is going to seriously damage his greatness tag.

No-one likes to see a once great, now dead on their heels and washed up.

Liquid Gold

Surely if they knew Brady was coming to an end they wouldn't have traded Jimmy G?

Something is up with the Pats, Butler would have give the Eagles offence a much tougher time than they had last night.

Otis

Surely if they knew Brady was coming to an end they wouldn't have traded Jimmy G?

Something is up with the Pats, Butler would have give the Eagles offence a much tougher time than they had last night.

Yes, true on Garoppolo. Forget about him. Yeah, they must have faith Brady has two more years in him.

skybluebeast

What’s up is that Bill Belichick is an arrogant tit to the point in can be at the detriment of his own team. He and Brady run that team like totalitarian authorities if you get on the wrong side of them you are out. Ask Chandeller Jones.

tisza

What a good game that was, very intriguing game with very little D.
I was going to ask this question in anticipation of another AFC victory in the Super Bowl but them underdogs played out of their skin, I will still ask though.

Do you think it is time the NFL looked to shake up the conferences and divisions? Point being that the rigour the NFC teams have to go through before the playoffs put them on the back foot when coming in to the championship game. We could (with a level of certainty) predict the four winners of each AFC division - North: Ravens, Steelers. East: Pats. South, (most competitive) Jags, Texans or Titans. West: Chiefs, maybe Raiders. Whereas NFC divisions - North: Vikes, Packers, Lions. East: all four teams to be fair if Smith works out in Washington. South: Falcons, Aints, Panthers. West: Rams, Seahawks and the JG led 49ers.

Just feel there could be something that could be done to make things more even. Thoughts?
gotta look at the management of the AFC sides.
System works the same for all sides.
Draft is a reasonable balance.
Free agency and salary cap there for everyone.

tisza

Jimmy G issue was he was out of contract in the summer. can't really use the franchise tag on him.
Would have wanted a decent size contract.
Stil think they're in trouble. brady injury and they're pretty much screwed.

Butler thing is strange.
Fit, not a disciplinary issue, one of the very few game changers Pats defence has.
game dominated by the pass and you bench a ProBowl cornerback.

ajsccfc

Coincidentally that episode where they try out for the Eagles was the first one I ever saw. This sold the show to me in particular

MacSigDance.gif

CCFC88

Could be an interesting off season in NE, expect them to draft a QB in the latter rounds to try and get ready to replace Brady in a couple of years time, similar to what they did with Garoppollo but Bradys body outstayed its welcome in that masterplan.

Interesting move with Josh McDaniels sticking around in NE instead of taking the colts HC job which he had previously agreed to, what's changed? Bellicheck hinted he wants to go elsewhere/had enough and JMD lined up for the job?

One things for sure Malcolm Butler wont be there in Septmeber

Otis

Could be an interesting off season in NE, expect them to draft a QB in the latter rounds to try and get ready to replace Brady in a couple of years time, similar to what they did with Garoppollo but Bradys body outstayed its welcome in that masterplan.

Interesting move with Josh McDaniels sticking around in NE instead of taking the colts HC job which he had previously agreed to, what's changed? Bellicheck hinted he wants to go elsewhere/had enough and JMD lined up for the job?

One things for sure Malcolm Butler wont be there in Septmeber
Very interesting. McDaniels must be lined up for HC at the Pats then surely.

Belichick not thinking of retiring is he?

ajsccfc

The Butler situation was odd, not playing him was punishing the team as much as him. I personally would have liked him to be on the field as they lost, still hurts four years later

skybluebeast

McDaniels must have been assured the HC job at New England otherwise why would he do it. He won’t get another HC job in the NFL now that’s for sure, what a plonker!

Liquid Gold

I'd have Butler in Washington to replace Fuller. I've hear we're thinking of Franchiser tagging Cousins and hoping someone makes the trade on him. Big risk/big reward.

CCFC88

I'd have Butler in Washington to replace Fuller. I've hear we're thinking of Franchiser tagging Cousins and hoping someone makes the trade on him. Big risk/big reward.
Even more so now that a SB winning QB is likely to be available. Everything points at Denver taking Cousins

tisza

dumb move tagging Cousins.

Drastically raises his contract for some to take on and if no-one did take him you've got a really expensive bench-warmer.
NFL salary cap would then severely hamper free agency recruiting.
Most the QB needy teams have high draft picks and could be better off drafting a starter and signing when one of the many veterans available for much less money.

Users who are viewing this thread