The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

Otis

Come on you Lions!!!

Not punching it in at the moment in the red zone. Need them to win this really.

Redskins either have to catch Atlanta, Tampa or the Giants as it stands.
Well that went down like a lead balloon. :(

CCFC88

Dallas did us a favour last night, its in our own hands again now!

Bookies have us a 6.5pt favourite over Carolina, I wish I shared their confidence, excited to watch it though, works xmas do tonight so I'm planning on being back on the couch and ready for 01:30!

Our final game of the season looks tougher by the week as the giants keep winning, hopefully they may rest a couple in in the final week if they are confirmed in the playoffs by that point!

Otis

Dallas did us a favour last night, its in our own hands again now!

Bookies have us a 6.5pt favourite over Carolina, I wish I shared their confidence, excited to watch it though, works xmas do tonight so I'm planning on being back on the couch and ready for 01:30!

Our final game of the season looks tougher by the week as the giants keep winning, hopefully they may rest a couple in in the final week if they are confirmed in the playoffs by that point!
Yeah, that was so weird last night, because I am always rooting for Dallas to lose.

Big, big game tonight.

The other worry for me is that the Giants are looking very, very good at the moment and their defence are being a real menace to quarterbacks.

One game at a time though, eh!!

covcity4life

did you see that throw????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! wohohohohoho

best QB in the world!

and a road win vs bitter rival

is this your first season watching nfl ccfc88? you seem to get everthing wrong hehe

2 games left for GB, may need to win both, regardless i am proud of the run gb putting in

covcity4life

it was nearly identical to the same throw 2 years ago that got us into playoffs at expense of bears

no doubt about it though,we nearly theww it away. 17pt lead wiped out in 1 quarter. not good.

another toughie vs vikings now,important to win because still a chance of wildcard if we lose to lions,but only if tampa,washington lose both of their remaining games which not likely i admit.

come on cam newton! strong end to season you dapper guy!

Otis

it was nearly identical to the same throw 2 years ago that got us into playoffs at expense of bears

no doubt about it though,we nearly theww it away. 17pt lead wiped out in 1 quarter. not good.

another toughie vs vikings now,important to win because still a chance of wildcard if we lose to lions,but only if tampa,washington lose both of their remaining games which not likely i admit.

come on cam newton! strong end to season you dapper guy!
Boo!!!!!!

CCFC88

I could have made that throw lol,

Solid win for GB against another awful NFC North team (Chicago 3-11), this division makes AR look better than he is, tune in next Sunday to see the Redskins do a job in Chicago. *puts neck on line*

Detroit at Dallas and GB at home to another awful NFC North team next weekend, looks set for a final day shootout in Detroit for the division.

Week 17 is shaping up to be a beauty!

covcity4life

lol now i know you are just trolling

vikings were 5-0, they are not terrible by any means. but at lambeou i hope to win

bears have improved recent weeks. they won 1,lost close to lions,lost close to GB. i wouldnt count my chickens vs them if i were you

the lions game will be huge i agree,hope the cowboys can beat them in week 16 to put them on a losing streak

redskins have bears and giants? tough week 17!

CCFC88

vikings were 5-0 - Since then they've gone 2-7

lost close to lions,lost close to GB - lost to 2 teams in the awful NFC North. haha,

Yea we finish Panthers, @Chicago, Giants.

I think 2 wins from those 3 would do it, 9-6-1 should see us into a wildcard position. I expect one of Detroit and GB to finish 9-7 and with the other taking the division at 10-6

Tampa would then have to win both @Saints and vs Panthers, I think they'll lose one of those.

Otis

vikings were 5-0 - Since then they've gone 2-7

lost close to lions,lost close to GB - lost to 2 teams in the awful NFC North. haha,

Yea we finish Panthers, @Chicago, Giants.

I think 2 wins from those 3 would do it, 9-6-1 should see us into a wildcard position. I expect one of Detroit and GB to finish 9-7 and with the other taking the division at 10-6

Tampa would then have to win both @Saints and vs Panthers, I think they'll lose one of those.
The Saints are very inconsistent, but can beat anyone on their day.

Skins best chance now I think is indeed Tampa failing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

I'm with the guy who thinks Rogers is the best quarter back!!
these guys know hes the best 2,they just dont want to admit it because 1)i like gb 2)their redskins are duking it out with gb to make playoffs

i think they may just be casual fans who dont really know rules of nfl too perhaps.

but yeh AR. amazing.

CCFC88

these guys know hes the best 2,they just dont want to admit it because 1)i like gb 2)their redskins are duking it out with gb to make playoffs

i think they may just be casual fans who dont really know rules of nfl too perhaps.

but yeh AR. amazing.
Fumble recovery

CCFC88

Has anyone been to or planning to go to any Wembley games? This years offerings look garbage at this point in time!

covcity4life

will try to go to one enxt year. GB never come though. obviously they wont pass up a home game but be nice if one of their road games was in uk

dolphins vs saints looks ok

CCFC88

I read that they are keen to have a road game in London, I think they were keen to have their game @Jacksonville here this year but the Jags owner said there was no way he would move a home game v GB to the UK, their biggest pay day of the year. Of the teams who haven't played in London yet Seattle and Green Bay would be the to biggies if there were to come over. Just 5 yet to make an appearance after the 2017 series

The Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans

covcity4life

can understand jaguars saying that as GB are the biggest nfl team by country mile. but sucks for uk fans. hopefully 1 day

covcity4life

my birthday on september weekend of those games. if dolphins saints is on then im gonna go i think! both probably in playoff mix next season

Terry Gibson's perm

Seattle would only play it as an away team they are not going to give up a fixture at Century Link, I might go to one at the new White Hart Lane as won't go to Wembley to watch anything until the super Sky Blues have played there.

Otis

Redskins don't deserve a play-off place unfortunately.

Poor performance last night and too many weaknesses yet again.

1.Big problems in the defence and giving up far too many big plays and big yardage gained on individual plays.

2. Inability to punch it in from the red zone. Time and time again they are coming up short and not putting the required points on the board.

3. Too many turnovers.

4. Cousins having the occasional off day.

5. Poor kicking. The need to replace Hopkins. Been very poor this season.

6. Too many first down and tens where the Redskins choose to run and either lose yardage or run for no gain. Far too many run straight up the middle play calls where the ball is given to Kelley and no yardage is gained.

7. Running game in general. Been a number of games this season where the yardage return for rushing has been very, very poor. Poor stats yet again last night. Only 61 yards total rushing.

Stewart was very productive for Carolina last night, Kelley wasn't.

Something about Monday nights. Apparently that is now 17 out of 18 defeats for the Skins when they have played Monday night.

Needs a rethink next season. Too many weaknesses at the moment for Washington to be a real force and the NFC East could be a much tougher proposition next year too.

Very disappointing night for the Redskins. Not just the defeat, but a clear highlighting of their problems overall.

covcity4life

great rersult for packers though otis,sorry!

you lost to a team with a losing record. yet when gb beat a team with losing record ccfc88 mocked them. really being shown up now......

you still have 2 games left,and not toughest either i think? all about that wildcard now

Otis

great rersult for packers though otis,sorry!

you lost to a team with a losing record. yet when gb beat a team with losing record ccfc88 mocked them. really being shown up now......

you still have 2 games left,and not toughest either i think? all about that wildcard now
Redskins not quite good enough I'm afraid and they need to shore up their defence further.

I know the Panthers are on a losing record, but last season they were 15 and 1 and you can see they still have that ability to beat anyone on the day.

Redskins allowed too much big yardage and it killed them. Three turnovers too.

I think GB can certainly pip Detroit to the title. That Lions/Packers game is going to be huge.

covcity4life

just saw shcedule. bears and giants for you. not easy

gb will have to have won 6 in a row to win division probably,thats still a huge ask with 2 games to go.

exciting! bucs have 2 hard games left vs panthers and saints,can see them coming unstuck

seattle have wildcard weekend off because they wont lost to 49ers!

Otis

just saw shcedule. bears and giants for you. not easy

gb will have to have won 6 in a row to win division probably,thats still a huge ask with 2 games to go.

exciting! bucs have 2 hard games left vs panthers and saints,can see them coming unstuck

seattle have wildcard weekend off because they wont lost to 49ers!
Can't see the Redskins beating the very much in-form Giants.

Packers definitely have a very good chance of pipping Detroit.

Otis

Just looked at what is needed for the Skins and it is not looking at all good or particularly likely.

Best scenario is Washington have to win BOTH remaining games and then Tampa and Green Bay need to BOTH lose a game each as well.

There are other options, but they are even more tricky.

Most games on Saturday this week, rather than Sunday. Guess nearly every place will be pretty much confirmed this weekend.

Last edited:

CCFC88

Phew, I think Ive just about got over Monday night, what a stinker, I thought when Cam went down early on with his shoulder and we actually rushed a TD that it might be an easier night than expected, I couldn't believe the bookies were giving Carolina a 6.5 pt headstart on the handicap!

Defence was rotten, Cousins was average, Run game and Run D was non existent. Reeds ejection was obviously born out of frustration that he isn't able to do the things he knows he can at the moment.

Anyway, moving on, it is actually better for us if Green Bay win their final two, I've always said that they should make the playoffs on account that they have such a great QB.

First off, we have to win both of our final games, against two teams who have strong defence and low ranking offences, I think this is very doable, Giants winning tonight could see them rest players in the final game, obviously we'd rather beat their full strength team but Ill take a win however it comes.

Secondly Tampa Bay have to lose a game, their final two look difficult, NO on their day can post up huge numbers as can Carolina, we just have to hope that one of them turns up.

Finally, as long as Detroit lose at Dallas then we would finish above one NFC North team as they play each other on the final day.

So long story short this weekend, we beat Chicago, Dallas beat Detroit and NO beat Tampa and it is back in our hands to lose. (I think)

covcity4life

Our best chance will come if Green Bay win their final two, I've always said they were a good team, with a great QB!

hehe

its going to be an interesting weekend. SKY have like 6 live game sbut GB and redskins not on it doesnt look like! will have to redzone it

nyg play tongiht? i thought it was dolphins tonight

Otis

hehe

its going to be an interesting weekend. SKY have like 6 live game sbut GB and redskins not on it doesnt look like! will have to redzone it

nyg play tongiht? i thought it was dolphins tonight
I quit often prefer Redzone anyway. If it's not the Redskins on, or the Patriots, or a must see, I just watch Redzone. You see all the key plays.

Users who are viewing this thread