The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

Otis

So, the back-up quarterback now out for the rest of the campaign too with a season ending injury and with it any hope left of the Redskins making the playoffs.

With Mark Sanchez now as starter that's just about it. He showed his rashness again last night. Intercepted once and could easily have been again.

It's been a jinx of a season and we've been without so many of our key players throughout the year.

Looking at the Eagles run in though, I don't think they will catch Dallas. They have some very tough games ahead.

I really wish that Washington had picked up an up and coming QB in the draft. Would be the perfect time to blood him once the season is over in all but name.

Which will probably be next week.

Otis

So you saying the Packers ineptitude this season is them getting the karma they richly deserve?

covcity4life

So you saying the Packers ineptitude this season is them getting the karma they richly deserve?
no every team is entitled to a bad season, i see you cremaing over drew brees and that guy has had four 7-9 seasons from 2013-18 or something i similar i beleive

anyways packers is down to injuries and bad luck,and maybe new coach will be just what was needed long term. well see

the point is redskins were doing great and i never mentioned them but you kept bringing up packers every week. and now your team has capitulated. you need to look at yourself.

at some point you need to realise being a good human is a great thing. i have faith that you can change for the better.

tisza

anyways packers is down to injuries and bad luck,and maybe new coach will be just what was needed long term. well see
Packers isn't just down to bad luck and injuries. Happens every season to 5 or 6 teams at least.
Poor organisational structure (not just coaching) has got the Packers here. Think I'm right that they don't have a single player left from the 2015 draft. Poor use of free agency for years is a front office issue.
For all his talent Rodgers has to take his share of the blame for offensive woes. More than most QBs he has had the freedom to call on-field offensive plays.
On the positive a new guy did the 2018 draft which does look pretty good.
Huge decision on new coach - do they pick one to keep Rodgers happy (and protect the huge contract) or one that follows the trend of young coaches with new ideas.

Otis

no every team is entitled to a bad season, i see you cremaing over drew brees and that guy has had four 7-9 seasons from 2013-18 or something i similar i beleive

the point is redskins were doing great and i never mentioned them but you kept bringing up packers every week. and now your team has capitulated. you need to look at yourself.

at some point you need to realise being a good human is a great thing. i have faith that you can change for the better.
I usually only mention the Packers when brought up by others.

You know I think Rodgers is a great quarterback. I just don't think he is Tom Brady level yet.

Both the Packers and Rodgers haven't had a great season. You expect Rodgers to win games single handedly.

Very poor final drive from him at the weekend and he's made more errors than you expect.

Hopefully he will thrive under a new coach.

covcity4life

I usually only mention the Packers when brought up by others.

You know I think Rodgers is a great quarterback. I just don't think he is Tom Brady level yet.

Both the Packers and Rodgers haven't had a great season. You expect Rodgers to win games single handedly.

Very poor final drive from him at the weekend and he's made more errors than you expect.

Hopefully he will thrive under a new coach.
For someone who thinks hes great you are disrespectful to him a lot

he has won games single handily before,he did it in week 1 with 1 leg vs the bears who are 10-3? the guy is amazing

we have been fine margins away from beating rams and patriots, team is not as bad as 4-7-1 suggests, i think we back in playoffs next season

wether they can put a superbowl team together with his wages i am not so sure. would like insanely rich players to take pay cutts in hope their team can be built to win. maybe i am just an idealist though.

Otis

For someone who thinks hes great you are disrespectful to him a lot

he has won games single handily before,he did it in week 1 with 1 leg vs the bears who are 10-3? the guy is amazing

we have been fine margins away from beating rams and patriots, team is not as bad as 4-7-1 suggests, i think we back in playoffs next season

wether they can put a superbowl team together with his wages i am not so sure. would like insanely rich players to take pay cutts in hope their team can be built to win. maybe i am just an idealist though.
I don't disrespect him. I just take the pee out of your sycophantic worship of him. ;)

CCFC88

i dont get that. just like to come on to sports forums to discuss sports sensibly.
Time to admit you were wrong for laughing at me when I claimed GB would be my "rubbish of the season"?

Credit where its due? I called this on Sep 1st. You laughed at me.

tisza

It's actually one of the ironies of these new big contracts for QBs that the savings are coming from the very players they need to have around them to play well anyway.
Savings seem to come from Linemen and 2nd string receivers and running backs. How many teams are now limiting themselves to just one decent running back (and that's often one still on a rookie contract)? One of the notable features of free agency is how often teams are letting quality offensive linemen go because they need the salary cap space.
Brees having a great season but look at the line protecting him. Lot of current QBs could improve their numbers with that sort of protection

covcity4life

Time to admit you were wrong for laughing at me when I claimed GB would be my "rubbish of the season"?

Credit where its due? I called this on Sep 1st. You laughed at me.
You did call it. Fair play

You did it out of hatred and could never have predicted last second fumbles bad calls and Rodgers injury but you called it.

CCFC88

So, the back-up quarterback now out for the rest of the campaign too with a season ending injury and with it any hope left of the Redskins making the playoffs.

With Mark Sanchez now as starter that's just about it. He showed his rashness again last night. Intercepted once and could easily have been again.

It's been a jinx of a season and we've been without so many of our key players throughout the year.

Looking at the Eagles run in though, I don't think they will catch Dallas. They have some very tough games ahead.

I really wish that Washington had picked up an up and coming QB in the draft. Would be the perfect time to blood him once the season is over in all but name.

Which will probably be next week.
If Sanchez goes down, Jordan Reed is next man up. A part of me wouldn't mind seeing that for a series, however I wouldn't want to risk Reed breaking his leg also.

CCFC88

You did call it. Fair play

You did it out of hatred and could never have predicted last second fumbles bad calls and Rodgers injury but you called it.
I think you could be better next year. MVS and ESB look promising along with Adams and I expect Jones to improve. Head coach appointment will be important obviously.

who would you like in as the new HC?

covcity4life

I just want someone who is fearless. I don't mind losing games where you for a 2 point conversion rather than kick to tie it etc

Or have a go on 4th and 3 when 2 mins 45 seconds left of 4th etc

And someone who NEVER runs the ball on 3rd and long

Who fits that bill?

Otis

I just want someone who is fearless. I don't mind losing games where you for a 2 point conversion rather than kick to tie it etc

Or have a go on 4th and 3 when 2 mins 45 seconds left of 4th etc

And someone who NEVER runs the ball on 3rd and long

Who fits that bill?
Jay Gruden is your man.

Liquid Gold

Fair enough.

Maybe we should just go for the Alabama HC considering we've got half their team.

Also, anybody notice Peterson scored a 90 yard TD on Monday but still didn't get over 100 yards in the game.

Otis

Fair enough.

Maybe we should just go for the Alabama HC considering we've got half their team.

Also, anybody notice Peterson scored a 90 yard TD on Monday but still didn't get over 100 yards in the game.
Nope. Didn't spot that.

I did notice we have so much negative yardage though when we give him the ball on first down.

The OL are not creating the gaps for him, or any other RB either.

tisza

Fair enough.

Think Saban's just signed a new deal :) Not sure his man management suited to modern NFL trends.
But his record not just in terms of wins but also producing NFL players and developing young coaches is incredible. Think it's about 45 players in the NFL atm inc 12 drafted last year. Another 10 projected for this year.

CCFC88

It'll be interesting to see the trend in HC over the coming years. With the new rules in giving even more protection to QBs and increase in quantity and quality of dual threat QBs it seems like the gap is closing in terms of style of play between the NFL and the college game.

tisza

It'll be interesting to see the trend in HC over the coming years. With the new rules in giving even more protection to QBs and increase in quantity and quality of dual threat QBs it seems like the gap is closing in terms of style of play between the NFL and the college game.
Teams have learnt pretty quickly after the early season QB-related penalties.
Dual threat QBs usually slow down after rookie season. Teams don't like their big investment taking risks - once a QB starts to run their fair game like anybody else. You'll see Mayfield, Allen etc. take less risks next season
What you could see is younger coaches that are more adaptable to changing systems. Can't be one-dimensional anymore.
College football has actually been moving towards the Nfl rather the opposite.

Otis

Mark Sanchez. Why, why, why, why?

What were the Redskins thinking when they went for him as back up to McCoy?

Could be season over today.

Otis

Mark Sanchez's glittering stats at the moment are ...

2 completions out of 8.

6 yards

Zero TD's

1 interception.

He's trying to reach the record books from the wrong end.

Users who are viewing this thread