The official NFL Thread (5 Viewers)

Otis

And just thrown another intereception.

The bloke is a bad quarterback and incredibly reckless with the ball.

This is embarrassing.

0-24.

Liquid Gold

And some receivers, corners, backs, a new head coach, front office, new conditioning coaches, new ownership in general.

Otis

Ha!

I missed the Jo Johnson signing too. I know we tried him out at the same time as Sanchez, but plumped for Sanchez.

What does that say about Johnson?

Otis

Yup. Bad mistake by Brady at the end of the first half. Took a sack and let time run out in the redzone.

tisza

Ha!

I missed the Jo Johnson signing too. I know we tried him out at the same time as Sanchez, but plumped for Sanchez.

What does that say about Johnson?
Says you're in a mess or just intent on tanking.
A poor QB who has been out of the NFL for 5 years is the best they can find????
You're going to get hammered in the US media. A poor QB out of the game for 5 years can learn your offense better in 24 hrs than Kaepernick (who you wouldn't sign because he couldn't learn the offense quickly enough)

Liquid Gold

Pretty much proves Kap’s case that he’s been blackballed too.

Although would he sign for a team with a racist name?

tisza

Pretty much proves Kap’s case that he’s been blackballed too.

Although would he sign for a team with a racist name?
Difficult to argue an NFL-wide collusion if he turns down the job regardless of the name.
ALready on thin ice taking on all NFL as so many sides weren't looking for a QB anyway and he did turn down terms from the 49ers anyway - spent 1st 12 months looking for a 12m+ deal and no-one's paying that for a back-up.
Also other leaders like Reid have been signed by new teams

tisza

Wouldn't fancy being in the Pats dressing room right now. Belichick got a temper at the best of times

tisza

Bears defence just completely dominated Rams. Been improving all season.
Another young coach that came in with reputation built on offense. Yet defence is doing it there.
Bears offense not good but dominated the clock. Keep a good offense off the field and really helps your defence build pressure.
Interesting how adding the right player even at what seems a high draft price can turn a team around. Mack at the Bears, Cooper at the Cowboys.

Otis

Indeed.

The Bears just swarmed all over Goff and gave him no time in the pocket at all.

Looking a very interesting season and no-one is truly standing out and every team looks beatable.

The Bears and the Cowboys could both be Super Bowl contenders.

tisza

More garbage play calling from de filippo.
Sure he just got lucky with Eagles last year. Poor offensive line that can't stop pressure and you're looking for long plays on 3rd and 1 yet again.
Defence again saving the day. Interception on own 1yd line.

tisza

Another garbage offensive display from Cousins and the coaching staff. Didn't start posting yards until 4th quarter.
Yet again wretched kicking performance Blocked fg gave Seattle field position and led to TD. 4 games missed kicks have contributed to defeats now.
Becoming another Jacksonville. Defence way better than offence despite excellent receivers and a talented running back.

Otis

Some bad play calling.

Really tight game, dominated by the defences and it was really close. At 0-6 and on something like the 4 or 5 yard line I think, the Vikes decided to go for it in 4th and goal.

Crazy. Take the 3pts, make it a 3 point game. Points were at a real premium.

tisza

Some bad play calling.

Really tight game, dominated by the defences and it was really close. At 0-6 and on something like the 4 or 5 yard line I think, the Vikes decided to go for it in 4th and goal.

Crazy. Take the 3pts, make it a 3 point game. Points were at a real premium.
Exactly. Blown 4th down on the 3 made worse when Cousins doesn't spot Thielen open about 2 yards from where he threw into double coverage.
Cousins consistently throwing short and low on open receivers. Complete opposite of Keenum who was exceptional on short passing but rarely went long.
Season is blown as they won't be beat Bears. Their defence going to ruin Cousins and their offence won't have to do anything

Liquid Gold

Cousins record on Monday night, away from home and against winning teams is appalling. I know we’re in a state at the moment but I’m glad we didn’t give him all that money, just not worth it.

tisza

Cousins record on Monday night, away from home and against winning teams is appalling. I know we’re in a state at the moment but I’m glad we didn’t give him all that money, just not worth it.
Problem is unless you draft a good rookie QB market is going that way. We released Bradford and he got 40m 2 years around 32 guaranteed. Keenum got 36m 2 years guaranteed.
Have said it before rather we would have kept Keenum and upgraded offensive line. Problem was free agency was thin for quality guards.

Liquid Gold

Problem is unless you draft a good rookie QB market is going that way. We released Bradford and he got 40m 2 years around 32 guaranteed. Keenum got 36m 2 years guaranteed.
Have said it before rather we would have kept Keenum and upgraded offensive line. Problem was free agency was thin for quality guards.
From what I could see on social media (admittedly not the best barometer) Vikings fans said at the time of signing Cousins that he was the missing pace of the jigsaw, all they needed was a QB to become a championship team. Now he's not performing its like they don't want to admit he's not all that so it's the O-line that has always needed an upgrade.

I'm not saying you're doing this but its what I've seen online a fair bit.

Users who are viewing this thread