The Official Petition Thread (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Gents,

Rather than having a few threads about the petition, I thought it would be good to have everything on one thread going forward. Much great work has been done by many on here, main credit to Michael for organising and well done to all for taking to the challenge.

Please post your updates on this thread from now on and remember to update the spreadsheet that Shmmeee has kindly put together:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VwD_rBswPKGdwFCjIN6YuE/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

Anyone can edit this link (please don't abuse it or corrupt it). Once we exhausted all fans forums etc, we can look at our next foot forward. Shmmeee...for what it's worth, can you add on the Scottish clubs and Conference...can't remember if the Conference is on there or not. A link to the petition:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

Currently at 6,900....this has gone up about 2,000 in the past 24 hours...momentum is building. Good luck...spread the word....let's do this!

WM

PS. Thanks Nick for making it a Sticky.

Skyblueweeman

And please don't degenerate this thread into a SISU/ACL debate. This isn't the place...start another thread. This is all about getting petition signatures.

Kingokings204

Really impressed by the spreadsheet and as you say once all have been exhausted then other routes must be done.

we need 100k..... COME ON!!!

Skyblueweeman

This is the text I've used on the SFC, PFC and Everton forums - seems to be working:

Good afternoon gents (and any ladies on board),

Apologies for crashing your forum but we're after the support of fans up and down the country. You might be aware of or situation...owned by SISU (or whatever they call themselves this week), we're currently playing 'home' games 34 miles from the Ricoh. The owners of the Ricoh (a set up called ACL - owned half by a charity and half by Coventry City Council) have said they'll let us play there rent free for 3 years whilst we build a new stadium. Our owners, for reasons unbeknown to anyone sensible, have said no to this. Plans to build a new stadium were due to be with us but as yet, nothing. The owners say they're in active discussions with 2 boroughs about land for a new stadium. Fans have contacted all local boroughs and none say there's any discussions going on. And there's no gaurantee that any new stadium will be built in Coventry. All a bit of a mess and unfortunately, the fans suffer.

Cov fans are boycotting home games this season...our attendances are our lowest ever recorded, bar some crappy cup game against Millwall in the 80's. Away though, our fans are travelling strong...we took 7,500 to MK Dons just before Xmas....as many as home fans on that day and you might have seen our protests during BT Sports recent coverage of our cup game away at Arsenal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHKTX34HnGQ

We're started an online petition to try and raise 100,000 signatures in order to try and enforce a House of Commons Select Committee grilling of all parties involved in our downfall (and there's a few). We hope that this won't only shed light on who is to blame for our situation, but provide some transparency for the powers the rule the game, to effectively manage club ownership and stop situations like ours, Hulls, Cardiffs, Lutons, Rangers etc etc.

Please could you sign the attached petition? It will take 2 minutes, you won't get junk mail and you'll hopefully assist with a better environment for fans of football.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

We need about 400 signatures from every professional club in England and Scotland as well as 50,000 from our fans. Please do share.

Thanks all,

WM

shmmeee

You know, I made it editable by anyone so that I didn't have to keep coming back and changing things ;)

Yeah I'll do it now. :D

Edit: updated with all Scottish league clubs and Conference North, South and Premier.

Frankly any lower and you may as well email fans directly ;)

Anyone know any big general forums, subreddits or Facebook groups we could do as well? Also what about general anti-capitalist groups. A bit of a reach sure, but mention the word hedge fund and I bet they'd be all over it.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Thanks Shmmeee, I know you did. I'm having trouble with it at work and was out last night and tonight through work also so couldn't do it. You've obviously got great IT skills which I didn't want to go stale!

Thanks again,

WM

shmmeee

I have posted it on Planet Swans the Swansea fans forum.

Added it to the sheet.

I know I'm whining, but do try and add them as you go guys so that we don't end up pissing people off by posting multiple times.

Moff

Added it to the sheet.

I know I'm whining, but do try and add them as you go guys so that we don't end up pissing people off by posting multiple times.

Shmmee, do you mean add it on here or on the Excel list?

RoboCCFC90

You know, I made it editable by anyone so that I didn't have to keep coming back and changing things ;)

Edit: updated with all Scottish league clubs and Conference North, South and Premier.

Frankly any lower and you may as well email fans directly ;)

Anyone know any big general forums, subreddits or Facebook groups we could do as well? Also what about general anti-capitalist groups. A bit of a reach sure, but mention the word hedge fund and I bet they'd be all over it.

I can try it on the Facebook Groups when I get home from work..

RoboCCFC90

It might be worth going to the Leeds United forum and putting it on there if anyone has thought of it already I apologise.

mds

Thought you said that in the other thread.

Think it should have all the Scottish and top Conference on there, also all the independant football forums could be targeted.

The spreadsheet is a good idea, but for people who cant be arsed to look and maybe want to do a team on the fly, how about a list of teams in the first post with those done or that need doing highlighted.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Anyone on reddit? Could be good to get on there. I might make an Imgur post about it tonight, they love a cause. If I make the infographic I'll share it on here.

Moff

Plenty of the Swans fans seem up for it. I am also trying to find out what happened with Rory

torchomatic

Swindon done. Waiting for my account to be approved from Oxford Utd and Sheff Utd plus Raith Rovers.

georgehudson

not being IT savvy i've been punting it out to as many as possible,
well done everyone so far,
let's hope the wider media grasp 'the metal'

pusbccfc

We seriously need to aim for the Coventry audience.
We need to get a stall up and running in Broadgate or somewhere with petitions slips to sign. You could manage hundreds in a day of local residents.

mds

FYI
Updated the spreadsheet including latest posts in the southampton thread, hopefully none missed.

Users who are viewing this thread