The Place We Call Home (1 Viewer)

chem90

Apologies in advance if this had already been discussed to a point that nobody cares but...
I am almost sure we will be at the Ricoh in the new season. CCC and ACL will buckle from the thought of it being empty. SISU will have bullied their way into a position where they will be able to nominate their own monthly rent contribution and it will be accepted.
Looking at all the teams within a 40-50 mile radius (as I am banking on TFs 30 mile radius being slightly generous for the sake of the fans), there is not another option other than Walsall in the top four leagues following the announcement of fixtures for the forthcoming season. Alternatively, you will have to look at Conference teams such as Nuneaton, Bedworth, Tamworth, Leamington or Solihull Moors which comprise a 4k capacity (max).
Wherever we are, I just wish people would stay away and buy nothing. I was horrified when a mini poll was carried out at a Fans Forum and around 10-15 people actually put their hands up when asked whether they would attend games out of Coventry. Loyal supporters would starve this cancer out of our club by cutting the the one and only supply. Therefore anybody who attends and purchases club merchandise IMO is a SISU fan and not a CCFC fan. Forget the effect on the players, they'll still be paid and be happy as a pig in shit. We are not going to have the quality to be promoted anyhow, we'll be left with the scraps in the free transfer market by the time the embargo has been lifted. Therefore it should not be on anyone's conscience whilst the club goes into financial meltdown. Put all the money that you would spend in a jar and save it for a season ticket when the life and spirit of our club returns once we are given a stable foundation.

ccfcway

Sorry pal, unfortunately I work and do not sit on this all day, every day. Could have either posted something constructive or not at all?

Thats ok... In short, that was a party political broadcast for the "Not a Penny More" party.

I completely agree !

covmark

Apologies in advance if this had already been discussed to a point that nobody cares but...
I am almost sure we will be at the Ricoh in the new season. CCC and ACL will buckle from the thought of it being empty. SISU will have bullied their way into a position where they will be able to nominate their own monthly rent contribution and it will be accepted.
Looking at all the teams within a 40-50 mile radius (as I am banking on TFs 30 mile radius being slightly generous for the sake of the fans), there is not another option other than Walsall in the top four leagues following the announcement of fixtures for the forthcoming season. Alternatively, you will have to look at Conference teams such as Nuneaton, Bedworth, Tamworth, Leamington or Solihull Moors which comprise a 4k capacity (max).
Wherever we are, I just wish people would stay away and buy nothing. I was horrified when a mini poll was carried out at a Fans Forum and around 10-15 people actually put their hands up when asked whether they would attend games out of Coventry. Loyal supporters would starve this cancer out of our club by cutting the the one and only supply. Therefore anybody who attends and purchases club merchandise IMO is a SISU fan and not a CCFC fan. Forget the effect on the players, they'll still be paid and be happy as a pig in shit. We are not going to have the quality to be promoted anyhow, we'll be left with the scraps in the free transfer market by the time the embargo has been lifted. Therefore it should not be on anyone's conscience whilst the club goes into financial meltdown. Put all the money that you would spend in a jar and save it for a season ticket when the life and spirit of our club returns once we are given a stable foundation.
Stopped reading after the "anybody who purchases club merchandise is a sisu fan not a ccfc fan" comment, as it is the usual crock of shit

Paxman II

The delusion here is simple.

You believe you can starve the club of money?
OK then. So SISU accepting that they have to come up with a realistic business plan to get them to a point where they can own their own stadium and all the income streams from it therby securing the future of football for Coventry City and in turn bringing about a true asset to sell on and recoup vast amounts of their investments to date is crazy? They have factored into this poor crowds for 3 years which they will ride out.
Some say the figures don't add up but I can tell you from a business man's perspective, they do. You just have to scratch below the surface and really study their idea closely.

My problem is I prefer if they stayed at the Ricoh during this build process. I would also prefer they bought into the Ricoh instead. Either way they have to get to a point where they achieve an exit strategy acceptable to their masters.

stupot07

. We are not going to have the quality to be promoted anyhow, we'll be left with the scraps in the free transfer market by the time the embargo has been lifted.

Well the 'not one more penny' campaign is going to help that is it?

SBS

It's very simple for me. If we're still at The Ricoh then I'll carry on as normal. If we moved out then for me, the club is no longer representing Coventry and I'll go and watch Sphinx.

Users who are viewing this thread