The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

T

tobymillward

I don't post on here to ofter for fear of intense bantering, so go easy on me.

Call me an optimist, but I read a lot of people on here referring to the Ricoh as a soulless bowl etc etc. However, if we do end up being bought out by PH4 or any other party who sort out an agreement with ACL or buy half of the Higgs Trust share and start to invest in the squad we could see attendances between 15-20,000 next season (I'm basing that on the fact that Sheffield United had an average of 18,612 last season). Should we get promoted this will probably be a similar number but may rise subject to how well we play in the Championship.

I went to Southampton v Fulham last season at St. Mary's, a stadium very similar to the Ricoh, and I wouldn't have described the atmosphere as electric. It was actually rather dull. I don't think the problem is the Ricoh as a ground and I actually really like going to home matches when I can. I have a few friends at University who have been away fans at the Ricoh who have also said it is a great stadium, just needs bigger attendances, which I think will go hand in hand with stable ownership and good football.

Again I know this is an optimistic post and the timing of this post probably isn't great but i'm just trying to stay positive though all the childish behaviour of Fisher and SISU. PUSB.

Skybluechick

I totally agree when its been full in the past, against chelsea etc its been buzzin and if we get the backin the rest will eventually follow of that I have no doubt but its a massive if at the minute! I think sisu is not gonna give us that and maybe ph4 will. Here's hopin ;)

Greggs

Yep, 30000 Coventrians in one place wouldn't be dull!

Steve.B50

I don't post on here to ofter for fear of intense bantering, so go easy on me.

Call me an optimist, but I read a lot of people on here referring to the Ricoh as a soulless bowl etc etc. However, if we do end up being bought out by PH4 or any other party who sort out an agreement with ACL or buy half of the Higgs Trust share and start to invest in the squad we could see attendances between 15-20,000 next season (I'm basing that on the fact that Sheffield United had an average of 18,612 last season). Should we get promoted this will probably be a similar number but may rise subject to how well we play in the Championship.

I went to Southampton v Fulham last season at St. Mary's, a stadium very similar to the Ricoh, and I wouldn't have described the atmosphere as electric. It was actually rather dull. I don't think the problem is the Ricoh as a ground and I actually really like going to home matches when I can. I have a few friends at University who have been away fans at the Ricoh who have also said it is a great stadium, just needs bigger attendances, which I think will go hand in hand with stable ownership and good football.

Again I know this is an optimistic post and the timing of this post probably isn't great but i'm just trying to stay positive though all the childish behaviour of Fisher and SISU. PUSB.

I would agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread