The Three Venues (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

Anyone know exactly which 3 stadiums Fisher is talking to that are within a 30 miles radius?

Obviously everyone is talking Walsall but which are the other two?

Maybe Northampton perhaps?

Did Tim Fisher say they were all football league grounds? If so which is the other stadium?

Blues or maybe Leicester?

SkyBlueSwiss

For many, if not most fans this is an irrelevant question as we will not be following SISU FC, so who cares who they will be ground-sharing with.

BurbageSkyBlues

West Midlands grounds, I believe it was stated?

My guess

Blues
Villa
Walsall.

Think the interesting one might be villa?....imagine that quite a few might go just to 'mark their territory', despite all the protestations about not going to home matches at anther ground?

Wouldn't put anything passed these manipulative owners of ours.

blend

I'm off to Leamington next season, can't say for sure if I'll come back. Not whilst these clowns are around.

BrisbaneBronco

Despite what Fisher says, I think it will be Nene Park.
Its big enough for the few fans wanting to go and it is empty so no ground share

J

Jack Griffin

I believe they'll play for a month or so at Walsall while they play hardball with ACL for a rent free deal that hands them all matchday revenues.

And I think that has always been the plan, the new stadium stuff is bollocks & always has been.

I can also point out that they're limited to 2 FL approved venues next season and I think one is actually the Ricoh, no mater what has been said by TF about never going back.

Last edited by a moderator:

italiahorse

I believe they'll play for a month or so at Walsall while they play hardball with ACL for a rent free deal that hands them all matchday revenues.

And I think that has always been the plan, the new stadium stuff is bollocks & always has been.

I can also point out that they're limited to 2 FL approved venues next season and I think one is actually the Ricoh, no mater what has been said by TF about never going back.

I would say SISU need to complete the deal with ACL before the start of the season, while there is still doubt about whether they mean there plans or not.
If ACL hold out and SISU start to ground share then the poor turnout will then place the upper hand back to ACL as it will be obvious the plan will not work.
Fans also need to hold out by not turning out in force at the groundshare or they will place the upper hand back to SISU and dilute any opportunity of getting back to the Ricoh.

If you support CCFC regardless of ACL/SISU then staying away from a groundshare is the best way forward for getting the club up the leagues.
Should SISU succeed in getting their ground we will tick along the lower leagues whilst SISU cream off the developments around the stadium.

SISU will not be happy unless they make profit around a stadium, by developing the land.
Ricoh is a little too restricted for them particularly as their business practices have upset Cov Council.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

In that case ACL will be wise to let them start the season away & see if their crowds are indeed pitiful.

I don't think SISU tend to get involved in property development, they restructure & asset strip existing ailing businesses they've bought for next to nothing and then sell the husk on at a profit to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Blue Pete

I think there is no ground share to be had its all a ploy so I still fear for our future! Also Stuart linell and others who were saying there may not be others interested in buying the club were wrong

Blue Maniac

It can't be Northampton, because that's not in the 30 mile radius. I wonder, though, where it was expressly stated that the grounds under consideration were in the West Midlands?

withers

Won't SISU need reference from its last landlord (ACL) before entering into new rental agreement?

Just a thought...

SkyBlueUkeman

Personally I think the Ricoh is the only stadium that we have any chance in playing in come the start of the season.

Every other club looks like they really don't want to get involved, and I don't blame them. The ricoh is the only stadium that have said that they'd let us play, and I think the Football League will eventually tell them to pick a ground or piss off.

Skyblueloyal

I'm off to Leamington next season, can't say for sure if I'll come back. Not whilst these clowns are around.

We were talking about doing this down the pub last night. 4 of us are doing it for the first 10 games could be fun

Users who are viewing this thread