The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I will catch up with it tomorrow

Otis

Sort of looking forwards to it, but found it has got a little tired and dull lately.

Hopefully not too many seasons to go. Would hate to see it go out with a whimper.

Skyblueweeman

They reckon there's potentially 11 seasons Otis. But I agree, the last series wasn't great apart from the first couple of episodes. I didn't like they just focused on one person every week.

Having said that, the reviews from the States on the first episode have been pretty good so I'm looking forward to it tonight.

Otis

They reckon there's potentially 11 seasons Otis. But I agree, the last series wasn't great apart from the first couple of episodes. I didn't like they just focused on one person every week.

Having said that, the reviews from the States on the first episode have been pretty good so I'm looking forward to it tonight.
That's encouraging. Yeah, I didn't like the one character perspective thing. It was almost like they had run out of ideas and decided it was a way to just pad out the series.

Si80

So looking forwards to this later. Wife's already been told she's having an early night so I can watch it in peace!

Liquid Gold

Amazing new storyline apparently this season. It involves them finding a safe place that subsequently becomes in safe and tick losing his mind. Should be different.

skybluegod

Have watched it this morning- won’t give any spoilers. Couple of stupid moments as you would expect (after all it’s based on a Comic), but it’s straight into it, still a building episode, and some confusing things. But all in all a good episode. And don’t worry it’s not like last season based all on one person per episode.

Otis

Thoroughly underwhelmed and it was very dumb in places. Find it all so very frustrating and annoying at times.

Rick somehow missed Negan when he had him right in his sights and started firing. There must have been at least 50 guns trained on Negan and anyone could have killed him in an instant, but totally failed to do so. Very, very dumb.

Then, for some inexplicable reason the team decided to waste a shit load of bullets firing at all the windows. Complete madness.

The flash forwards were also confusing. Why had Rick aged and Judith aged, but Carl and Michonne remained exactly the same? Maybe that will be explained, but it was confused.

Bit of a disappointing start because Negan should have been killed and was odds on to be killed and could have been killed at any given time (Rick even said he WAS going to kill him), yet stupidly Negan wasn't topped, but as it was the first episode in the series we KNEW he wouldn't be killed and therefore any tension was completely lost.

skybluegod

Thoroughly underwhelmed and it was very dumb in places. Find it all so very frustrating and annoying at times.

Rick somehow missed Negan when he had him right in his sights and started firing. There must have been at least 50 guns trained on Negan and anyone could have killed him in an instant, but totally failed to do so. Very, very dumb.

Then, for some inexplicable reason the team decided to waste a shit load of bullets firing at all the windows. Complete madness.

The flash forwards were also confusing. Why had Rick aged and Judith aged, but Carl and Michonne remained exactly the same? Maybe that will be explained, but it was confused.

Bit of a disappointing start because Negan should have been killed and was odds on to be killed and could have been killed at any given time (Rick even said he WAS going to kill him), yet stupidly Negan wasn't topped, but as it was the first episode in the series we KNEW he wouldn't be killed and therefore any tension was completely lost.

Yep they were the reasons I said about it being stupid. IE, he could have been shot by one sharp shooter. However I would argue, that just killing him doesn’t end it. As they are all ‘Negan’, and be did say about only one needing to die...
But then that was another stupid thing... ‘only one needs to die’ 10 seconds later they have just killed a dozen saviours.
The flash forwards was the stuff that confuses me as well, but I think that will be explained soon enough so not too worried.
Also the other stupid thing was Gabriel getting out the car to save Gregory, (not sure why the saviours thought he would have control over the hilltop he’s an idiot), but I guess as he is a man of god he didn’t want to see someone die.

as I said.... I don’t think it was a bad episode, although you do seem to think otherwise, which is fair enough. I think it must have been very hard to decided what to do. They couldn’t afford to start with a building episode, so had to start with the start of the war. BUT, they couldn’t really just kill negan, and like I say at the end of the day, it’s a comic book, so there are going to be stupid moments.

Otis

Yep they were the reasons I said about it being stupid. IE, he could have been shot by one sharp shooter. However I would argue, that just killing him doesn’t end it. As they are all ‘Negan’, and be did say about only one needing to die...
But then that was another stupid thing... ‘only one needs to die’ 10 seconds later they have just killed a dozen saviours.
The flash forwards was the stuff that confuses me as well, but I think that will be explained soon enough so not too worried.
Also the other stupid thing was Gabriel getting out the car to save Gregory, (not sure why the saviours thought he would have control over the hilltop he’s an idiot), but I guess as he is a man of god he didn’t want to see someone die.

as I said.... I don’t think it was a bad episode, although you do seem to think otherwise, which is fair enough. I think it must have been very hard to decided what to do. They couldn’t afford to start with a building episode, so had to start with the start of the war. BUT, they couldn’t really just kill negan, and like I say at the end of the day, it’s a comic book, so there are going to be stupid moments.

It's one thing I struggle with. Yeah, Negan, pure comic book caricature, yet Rick and Daryl and Maggie etc. are so very much of the real world and it is real drama and real lives. Negan just sits uncomfortably within the real world. It's either comic book or it's not. It feels at times like the real world with some comic book characters just thrown in.

Negan has become a joke for me unfortunately.

skybluegod

It's one thing I struggle with. Yeah, Negan, pure comic book caricature, yet Rick and Daryl and Maggie etc. are so very much of the real world and it is real drama and real lives. Negan just sits uncomfortably within the real world. It's either comic book or it's not. It feels at times like the real world with some comic book characters just thrown in.

Negan has become a joke for me unfortunately.

Yeah I understand that, and I do agree tbf, I think negan is the perfect baddy, but as you say he has gone too far too the comic book style, when in reality his decisions wouldn’t be so stupid.
I think they have sadly gone down the wrong route with negan, as he could have been perfect, to show the contrast between the good and evil, but then again the producers had such a hard job tbf, how do you keep someone so evil, yet make it so the ‘good’ guys can win.
I still look forward to the rest of the season, I love the series too much, too hate it, and I will continue to watch

olderskyblue

Agree with this. When it finished, I was disappointed. The promise of lots of action didn't happen, unless you call blowing some barrels up or shooting windows "action".

The drawn out speeches, the flashbacks with flowers, all pretty boring. Maybe it's me just losing interest in it....

On another note, I went to comicon at the connexion a couple of weeks ago (don't ask). There was a Negan look alike there who was the absolute spitting image of him. :emoji_smiley:

Otis

Yeah I understand that, and I do agree tbf, I think negan is the perfect baddy, but as you say he has gone too far too the comic book style, when in reality his decisions wouldn’t be so stupid.
I think they have sadly gone down the wrong route with negan, as he could have been perfect, to show the contrast between the good and evil, but then again the producers had such a hard job tbf, how do you keep someone so evil, yet make it so the ‘good’ guys can win.
I still look forward to the rest of the season, I love the series too much, too hate it, and I will continue to watch
Negan could have become a great character.

I now think the Governor was better. A man who had gone mad on power and lost his mind.

I recall the producers saying that Negan was just a normal man most probably in his last incarnation prior to the outbreak. I simply fail to see that at all.

Wish Rick had have killed Negan. I think Simon is a more interesting baddie.

skybluegod

Negan could have become a great character.

I now think the Governor was better. A man who had gone mad on power and lost his mind.

I recall the producers saying that Negan was just a normal man most probably in his last incarnation prior to the outbreak. I simply fail to see that at all.

Wish Rick had have killed Negan. I think Simon is a more interesting baddie.

Yeah I really like Simon, really interesting character.

However disagree about Governor being better than Negan. ( it could be said that the group could have killed the Governor multiple times)

Negan is still a lot scarier but that might just be me. I think the series has a lot of work to do rescue him as a character, but I look forward to it.

SkyBlueScottie

I love this show and often defend it to the hilt when people criticise the stupid moments ie going out alone etc. However... Negan is a bag of shit, they've built him up to be the ultimate bad guy and its failing miserably, the writing of the character is soooo confused, as is much of the show at the minute, Bullets are a precious commodity, oh lets fire a load through a big high window... Negan on one hand is the big bad, never been beaten etc but then wheels out Gregory in an attempt to remove the hillside community from the ambush... Gabriel, rescues a man from a hoard of Zombies, locks himself in a trailer with a gun and Negan but looks terrified...

Otis

I love this show and often defend it to the hilt when people criticise the stupid moments ie going out alone etc. However... Negan is a bag of shit, they've built him up to be the ultimate bad guy and its failing miserably, the writing of the character is soooo confused, as is much of the show at the minute, Bullets are a precious commodity, oh lets fire a load through a big high window... Negan on one hand is the big bad, never been beaten etc but then wheels out Gregory in an attempt to remove the hillside community from the ambush... Gabriel, rescues a man from a hoard of Zombies, locks himself in a trailer with a gun and Negan but looks terrified...
Yep, feel exactly the same. I liked Negan for the first couple of episodes or so, but since then he has become more and more pantomime.

Last edited:

RegTheDonk

I agree with all thats been said - a bit confusing with the jumping between different time periods and a daft shoot out. Doc Smarty Pants could be indespensible making bullets for both teams!

I think they missed a trick with the Rick V Neegan dialogue. Instead of a predictable firefight where none of the main characters were ever going to be killed, would have been better if Neegan had really gone to town with the "lets be buddies, I'm not trying to get my men killed etc". Put a lot of doubt in the allied forces, we don't need to die Rick, why risk our lives, I'm going back. That would have led to a better story line IMHO, Rick would then have a shit load more problems back at base.

Anyroad, looking forward to the Vic shitting his pants :D

Otis

I agree with all thats been said - a bit confusing with the jumping between different time periods and a daft shoot out. Doc Smarty Pants could be indespensible making bullets for both teams!

I think they missed a trick with the Rick V Neegan dialogue. Instead of a predictable firefight where none of the main characters were ever going to be killed, would have been better if Neegan had really gone to town with the "lets be buddies, I'm not trying to get my men killed etc". Put a lot of doubt in the allied forces, we don't need to die Rick, why risk our lives, I'm going back. That would have led to a better story line IMHO, Rick would then have a shit load more problems back at base.

Anyroad, looking forward to the Vic shitting his pants :D
Yeah, agree on that suggested scenario.

skybluegod

The problem with the walking dead, is that it was so good so early. The first 5 seasons were really top quality. They have now had the problem where they have had to better that, and while they have gone down the right route they probably haven’t got the scenario right.
As has been said everyone loves the realism of the series, and I think one of the best things is that nobody is safe, just look at who has died: Shane, Dale, Lori, Tyreese, Beth, Hershel, (all those people at the camp at the start), Sophia, Sasha, Glenn, Abraham, Andrea, Diana, and so on and so on, it actually seems to resemble real life, yet they then go and do stupid scenes, where they have the chance to kill Negan and don’t.

Otis

Rick, counted down after a chat with Negan, why didn't he just shoot him when he was out in the open?
Because it would have been a one episode series!

The episode was daft because we all knew it was the opening episode and we knew that Negan wouldn't get killed in the opening episode. That immediately destroys any kind of tension build up.

skybluegod

Because it would have been a one episode series!

The episode was daft because we all knew it was the opening episode and we knew that Negan wouldn't get killed in the opening episode. That immediately destroys any kind of tension build up.

It surprised me that they started the series with a fight right from the start, I thought they would have spent more time building it up, will be interesting to see where they go from here.
The zombies at the sanctuary, you would think isn’t a massive problem for the saviours? They have so much ammo and guns, that they can wipe them out. If Alexandria did it with knifes and axe’s I’m sure the saviours can deal with it. I expect it will be some kind of retaliation next, but will just have to wait and see

Otis

It surprised me that they started the series with a fight right from the start, I thought they would have spent more time building it up, will be interesting to see where they go from here.
The zombies at the sanctuary, you would think isn’t a massive problem for the saviours? They have so much ammo and guns, that they can wipe them out. If Alexandria did it with knifes and axe’s I’m sure the saviours can deal with it. I expect it will be some kind of retaliation next, but will just have to wait and see
Yeah, I thought the same. Whether Rick's lot thought the zombies would just keep the Saviours' hands full, or whether they believed they could wipe them out, I guess we'll never know.

From my perspective I cannot see them being anything more than just a distraction.

ajsccfc

Negan's invisible armour served him well. The lookout was expertly sniped in one shot, but Negan can stand in plain sight and finish his speech before everyone just shoots the windows around him. Fr Gabriel's fucked too, only armed with a machine gun across the room from a man with a sharp stick.

It's the most stupid show I've ever seen, yet I'm still in for the ride.

Otis

Negan's invisible armour served him well. The lookout was expertly sniped in one shot, but Negan can stand in plain sight and finish his speech before everyone just shoots the windows around him. Fr Gabriel's fucked too, only armed with a machine gun across the room from a man with a sharp stick.

It's the most stupid show I've ever seen, yet I'm still in for the ride.
It didn't used to be though, that's what's so sad about it all.

Surely no-one would have any doubt whatsoever that the moment Rick saw Negan he would kill him right there and then in the blink of an eye. Just think back to Glen and Abraham's killings. All the others that have died at Negan's gang's, hand. Rick is full of anger and pent up feelings of revenge. There wouldn't have been any hesitation at all and secondly, how dumb was Negan to actually come out!

Otis

Negan is gay? My gaydar needs an update
Course he is. He even has the big barbed wire covered dildo. Where do you think he puts that and why do you think Eugene's eyes are always watering?

You need to pay more attention. Guy with slicked back hair, always wearing leather and holding on tightly to an enormous phallic symbol? Gay all day.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did anyone else think old rick looked like Navid from still game ?

skybluegod

Ah another thing... what donwe think is gonna happen with that Indian lad Carl found?
Saviour in disguise?
Another bad group?
A good guy that will join the group ?
Or another good group??

Also what ever happened to Dwight’s wife, after she ran away? She must be due an appearance in first couple episodes surely

Users who are viewing this thread