Their second goal (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Was it offside? I missed it :(

Grendel was sat in line with it, and he said onside.

TM also said he'd seen it again, and it was onside.

If it was onside, then fair play to the lino.

Can't wait to see the highlights :D

skyblue1991

Same.

Brother saw it and he thought Willis played Crewe onside whilst the others were across the 18 yard line. Most thought the lino made an error though.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Their first goal was excellent.

Was a great finish with precision

as for the second, I apologise. If Mowbray, who is likely to have seen replays, says it was onside, then I will admit I was wrong. And I would have to agree it was bad defending, as even if it was offside, the players should have played to the whistle.

also, sorry Lino :D

CJ_covblaze

Taking everything into account it's probably the best game we've seen up there for years.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Felt in the 2 home games we've seen the 2 sides of Ricketts, hopefully that's as poor as he gets, towards the end I was terrified every time he got
On the ball!

But him and Reda just need to chill out they're both experienced and good enough just to do
The footballing basics well and let the others play football.

Otis

He should have gone full stretch at it. As you say, we will never know if it was saveable or not.

covcity4life

i was in line with shot anf it was perfect,but still burge needs to try at least.

neverm ind,hopefully oggy or mogga will talk to him about it

stupot07

Sometimes keepers just know. You even see top class internationals do it, if they know they just won't get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

after what burge did vs crewe last season its safe to say he doesnt know everything so needs to experiment to find out.

him and willis still possible issues for us

shmmeee

after what burge did vs crewe last season its safe to say he doesnt know everything so needs to experiment to find out.

him and willis still possible issues for us

I thought Willis was excellent last night. Reda and Ricketts made just as many mistakes as Burge or Willis IMO. Then again: it's L1. Players that don't make mistakes don't play here.

shmmeee

Sometimes keepers just know. You even see top class internationals do it, if they know they just won't get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Got to agree with cc4l. Keepers should dive, defenders shouldn't turn their back on a shot and strikers should always gamble on a cross. And everyone should chase balls.

fernandopartridge

Thought Burge might have reacted a bit quicker to the second actually as he could see the player coming in behind Willis before Willis could. That's being perhaps a bit harsh, though.

shmmeee

Willis needs to work on the offside rule. At one point when we were attacking he was miles offside. I'm probably imagining it but I swear he only moved back on after I shouted at him. Then he did the same later on. Seems to be lacking a bit of awareness.

On another note. I thought Ricketts communication was excellent last night.

Rob S

It's actually Stokes at fault for the non-offside. You can see Vincelot waving at him to get up in line with him, Ricketts & Reda. Willis is caught as he knows he has his man on his shoulder but can't step up because he sees Stokes playing him onside.

Lameiras might have to take a bit of the blame as Vincelot was covering with Stokes and ends up in the central defence rather than in his normal position in front of them which would have closed up the acres of space Crewe had.

Granted, WIllis could have done better at dealing with the cross.

A good goal to concede though. TM will get right in there and sort it out and we can hopefully learn from the three mistakes: Switching off after scoring, not covering your full back & being aware of the defensive line at all times.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It's actually Stokes at fault for the non-offside. You can see Vincelot waving at him to get up in line with him, Ricketts & Reda. Willis is caught as he knows he has his man on his shoulder but can't step up because he sees Stokes playing him onside.

Lameiras might have to take a bit of the blame as Vincelot was covering with Stokes and ends up in the central defence rather than in his normal position in front of them which would have closed up the acres of space Crewe had.

Granted, WIllis could have done better at dealing with the cross.

A good goal to concede though. TM will get right in there and sort it out and we can hopefully learn from the three mistakes: Switching off after scoring, not covering your full back & being aware of the defensive line at all times.

Defo onside -

Crewe 2nd goal.jpg

and both Willis and Stokes guilty of not keeping a tight line.

Good to see you back on SBT RobS, glad to be discussing football again? :)

Rob S

Cheers! So happy that it's all about football now. I might stick around while everyone is so happy ;)

rupert_bear

Willis is a kid learning to be a full back, and he will. He can defend so that's a bonus, i have every confidence this time next year he'll be a class act there.

Users who are viewing this thread