This week-end's Grand National - Any early choices? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't gamble at any other time of the year - just my choice - but I always have a bet on the Grand National, and for the last 3 or 4 years have had the winner and/or 2nd and 3rd. Anyone got any good tips? I have 5 horses in mind and will place my bet tomorrow. Just wondered what everyone is choosing? :)

rob9872

Providing the ground is ok, then likely to be aged 8-11, will carry no more than 11-6

Providing the ground is ok, then likely to be aged 8-11, will carry no more than 11-6 but in the real handicap at 10st+ and will be priced 25/1 or lower. Not foolproof but works most years. It won't tell you what will win, but will eliminate many of those that can't. Still requires luck to get the unknown trip and not fall or be brought down.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I don't gamble at any other time of the year - just my choice - but I always have a bet on the Grand National, and for the last 3 or 4 years have had the winner and/or 2nd and 3rd. Anyone got any good tips? I have 5 horses in mind and will place my bet tomorrow. Just wondered what everyone is choosing? :)

Imperial commander 16/1 class horse good each way bet.

Real

GRAND NATIONAL ADVICE AND TIPS FOR THE ONCE A YEAR PUNTER.

1 - Take a price on your horse, bookies shorten everything, you can place bets now as most bookie go non runner no bet, which means money back.

2 - Biggest winning trend is bet first ten in betting.

3 - Winner normally Aged 8-12 yr of age.

4 - MUST have won over 3 MILE that season.

5 - 10 or runs over fences.

6 - Course form.

7 - Normally 11stone or less carried to success, Neptunes Collonges last season was a one off of top weight.

8 - Dont back horses who have tendency to fall, pull up or refused to jump.

9 - Look out for bookies who bet 1,2,3,4,5 a place.

10- If all the above fails, pick a horse for its name lol.

MY THREE AGAINST THE FIELD
Forpadytheplaster - EW 66/1 - Some doubt on staying the distance but a strong runner, great jumper and in decent form right now. Meets all the winning trends - 8 to 12 years old, handicap rating over 135, weight of 11 6lb or under, won over at least three miles, run in at least ten chases, won a chase worth at least 17k , good course form, missed Cheltenham for this and trained for this former grade 1 winner.

Join Together - EW 16/1 - Trained by Nicholls, trained for this, missed Cheltenham so goes there a fresh horse, crying out to go over further, jumps well, well weighted, ground not an issue.

Cappa Bleu EW - 12/1 - 4th last year pull in weights with seabass who rates the main danger. Jockey dropped him out last year and he stayed on better than most and would of gone close had jockey rode him closer to pace. Expect him to be more prominent this time and big run expected.

The Favorite - On My Own 7/1 will take plenty of beating as he was traveling extremely well last year when falling at Beachers second time around, would have gone very close and though he trained for race by genius Mullins and ridden by Walsh, One run over hurdles this season not my idea of a national winner in waiting.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've gone for a couple of higher odds and outsiders (all each way bets).......
Balthazar King
Teaforthree
Harry The Viking
Sunny Hill Boy
Big Fella Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread