Thorn out scouting (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

FootballValenciaSunday_Sunny_Pofile_558486.jpg

Coventry City manager Andy Thorn is to watch Stephen "Sunny" Sunday tomorrow.
The City boss will cast an eye over the 22 year old midfielder who is on loan from Valencia at CD Numancia against Girona.

Thorn sees the midfielder as a replacement if Aron Gunnarsson, who is on international duty with Iceland's U21's does not sign a new contract.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Stephen_Sunday

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Sunday

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Were is the actual link to the story about us scouting him?

Oh and i wouldn't read to much into YouTube montages about players remember this one?

[video=youtube;IQGlpC6k_qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQGlpC6k_qg[/video]

gouldberg

Could personally see this lad ripping the Championship apart. He clearly would have learnt a high standard of football being at Valencia. Pacey and a real engine in the middle. Would certainly get stuck into tackles where Gunnar seemed scared.

This could be the sort of signing that really sets us up for next season. Would be very very happy if we go for him.

Cov 4 Prem

He has never scored a goal in his professional career so perhaps he is just someone who breaks up the play/wins the ball and plays the next pass.

God knows! But Thorn doesn't seem to be having a break and going to all possible lengths to scout for alternatives and plan D or E as well as his plan B and C if Marlon and co. don't sign.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
He looks like pretty good. At the level he has played he should be capable of the Championship. And everywhere on the internet says Gunnar is a defensive midfielder, wouldn't take notice of that. What happened with that Jungschlager dude ?

Last edited:

ccfc1973

reminds me of a young george boateng, and hes been educated to play the spain way so would fit in with our style of play
would be a good signing IMO :claping hands:

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Gunar cae to the club as a defensive midfielder. Thats why he was so good in his first season. Then the managers moved him in to a more attacking role and his quality deteriorated.

WilloVsToon

I signed this guy on Football Manager for a bargain of about only 85K, he was one of the best defensive mdfielders in the champ before he got too big for his boots , sheffield united caught wind and shelled out a couple of million for him....If there is any truth in AT scouting him I hope it happens...

A player who turns into an absolute gem is Angelo Balanta, (of QPR still I think) becomes a consistant goalscorer in the championship. Is he any good in real life? (There have been no reports with us linked to him by the way...
PUSB

CovKingChris

Facebook User
I signed this guy on Football Manager for a bargain of about only 85K, he was one of the best defensive mdfielders in the champ before he got too big for his boots , sheffield united caught wind and shelled out a couple of million for him....If there is any truth in AT scouting him I hope it happens...

A player who turns into an absolute gem is Angelo Balanta, (of QPR still I think) becomes a consistant goalscorer in the championship. Is he any good in real life? (There have been no reports with us linked to him by the way...
PUSB

Haha, I'm a big fan of football manager too and in some aspects, the game reflects the players actual ability in real life. Some teams have scouts completely based on the game as it's the biggest player database.

But I wouldn't look in to it too much the way they're performing for you on the game.

Nonleagueherewecome

He looks Premiership class to me! Quick, strong, crisp passer, bags of energy and has a trick. He would be superb alongside Sammy if we can snare him before someone bigger comes in. If we do get this guy he'd fit into out style perfectly-and add another dimension the way he gets up and down the pitch at pace and gets stuck into tackles. In the spirit of getting ahead of ourselves, I seriously like this as a ball-playing midfield, with the FB's (full of assists under Thorn) pushing on:

-------Keogh----------Hussey-------
----------l-----Clingan----l----------
-----------Sunny-----Bell------------
-------------McSheffrey-------------

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Well more chance of him than Aron by the looks of it. And I did say "in the spirit of getting ahead of ourselves"!

im-confused

Can't make your mind up over a player by reading a couple of articles and watching a couple of youtube videos.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Unfortunately few of us are professional football scouts travelling the continent so there's not much else we can do.

Users who are viewing this thread