Thwarting any ground share proposals (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

The SBT are today taking a coach load down to sisu HQ to vent their spleens to our wonderful "new" owners. Can i suggest when we know who our ground sharing partner is we do the same for THEIR first home friendly. Not to riot or cause fuss or silly things like that just to be noticed and possibly get the locals on board and motivate them to get onto their owners to back out of any plan.
Thwarting any ground share has to be our prime motive now, i think properly organised we could get 2 or 3 coach loads plus a few cars, it would bring huge local publicity and national too.

BBSB

Thanks, live in Kent, was thinking of attending, but suspect it is going to become more of a pub crawl than a protest march!

ashbyjan

One coach going - it is full. Going to SISU at 3pm and then onto FL HQ. Has already been featured on Sky Sports News so the national publicity it was aimed at raising is working.

rupert_bear

Good thats a start.Glad it is full and this has to be just the beginning of an on going campaign to atleast keep games at the Ricoh; Look forward to the next venture.

ashbyjan

BBSB - not much to be laughing about at the moment - actually might as well laugh or else will just turn into a blubbering mess of despair ;)

I have no doubt there may be a short stop for a libation at a typically overpriced London hostelry but the aim is to get media spotlight on the plight of our club and get the SISU and Sepalla names highlighted in a negative fashion. The trip has been fully funded by those going and other related donations for the trip so Trust coffers have actually been increased rather than decreased by the generosity, in terms of time and finance, of all those involved.

Samo

The SBT are today taking a coach load down to sisu HQ to vent their spleens to our wonderful "new" owners. Can i suggest when we know who our ground sharing partner is we do the same for THEIR first home friendly. Not to riot or cause fuss or silly things like that just to be noticed and possibly get the locals on board and motivate them to get onto their owners to back out of any plan.
Thwarting any ground share has to be our prime motive now, i think properly organised we could get 2 or 3 coach loads plus a few cars, it would bring huge local publicity and national too.

It may be too late my then as they will probably have signed an agreement. I would suggest we start by emailing possible clubs, telling them we do not want this and will be picketing the ground on our 'home' games. Let's start with Walsall - [email protected]

chiefdave

What could be effective is, when we know which club we're sharing with, contact all their sponsors and advertisers telling them we will be boycotting their products and services. Pressure from them towards whatever club it is could see some action.

Spionkop

Just sent them a second email. No response to first a few weeks ago. Pointed out SISU's habit of not paying their bills.
Well done to the coachload. SISU fight dirty, up to us to do the same. We've been too nice.

Users who are viewing this thread