Tim Fisher reveals details of Ricoh bid (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

included an opportunity for the club and the Higgs charity to put any previous bad blood behind them and work together in the community

I'm pretty sure I can guess what response that is going to get!

“This does not detract from us building our own stadium; it is important we keep a focus in that because we need access to 100 per cent of stadium revenues.

:facepalm:

skybluetony176

It's funny. Well it aint funny but the moment TF makes a statement any tiny glimmer of hope i had that SISU are genuinely trying to obtain the Higgs share disapears in a flash.

ajsccfc

JS45576571.jpg

Now there's a caption competition waiting to happen.

fernandopartridge

Why can't they part own half of ACL and continue to build their own stadium? Owning half of ACL isn't a lifetime commitment. Ask CCC.

Grendel

I'm pretty sure I can guess what response that is going to get!

:facepalm:

I fail to see why wanting to build a ground would have any impact on the decision regarding purchase of these shares

Ian1779

I fail to see why wanting to build a ground would have any impact on the decision regarding purchase of these shares

It doesn't...but that it diverts away the attention of those that justify the Wasps decision because of their hatred of SISU.

Como

OK you buy half. Now I do not expect this but just for discussion.

You need 100% revenues and spend another 30m.

Then what? Who apart from WASP'S will want to buy?

Astute

Then what? Who apart from WASP'S will want to buy?

Not this again.

A year ago it was a white elephant that nobody other than SISU would be interested in. So who is going to come out of the woodwork this time?

Ashdown

It's true isn't it, every time this moron takes centre stage and opens his fat trap, it comes over as smarmy and condescending to all other parties...........and then there is stadium La La land being touted again as if it will secure a better price for the chumps in the negotiations ! FFS !

RoboCCFC90

Let's hope the bid is accepted, I am ignoring the new Stadium comments in the meantime..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

It doesn't...but that it diverts away the attention of those that justify the Wasps decision because of their hatred of SISU.

I think there's only one party doing diversion tactics. Mr fishers statement has the same wiff of insincerity about it as the "we haven't received any "direct" offer" statement" that we heard last season after we found out about the offer ACL had made for a return. You remember the one? It's the one that they denied was made until David Conn (IIRC) pointed out that it was made through the FL, the FL confirmed it and SISU back tracked with the aforementioned statement. And yet people wonder why other people won't take them seriously. You reap what you sew in my book.

CCFC PimpRail

I agree. If you've got £25 million sat waiting to finance a new stadium, you ought not to be wasting £3 million on a share of ACL....

But if you've only got 25p, it makes no difference...

J

Jack Griffin

This is just PR, I can't believe there is any substance to this 'offer'.

Next week it will be all about blaming other parties.

Astute

Wanting to build a stadium and being able to build a stadium are two totally different things.

This is why our club is so much in the shit.

J

Jack Griffin

Should be good for a laugh..

Shane O'Connor retweeted
BBC Cov Warks ‏@BBCCovWarks 41m41 minutes ago

#ccfc chairman Tim Fisher will be speaking to @Shaneonair about the club's offer for shares in ACL after 0700 tomorrow morning. #SkyBlues

luwalla

timmy.jpg
when asked this evening if they really did make a "very generous" offer to buy the half share in the ricoh, mr fisher replied...

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Why can't they part own half of ACL and continue to build their own stadium? Owning half of ACL isn't a lifetime commitment. Ask CCC.

Maybe Higgs would prefer to sell to someone who wants a longer term interest in ACL than just 2, 4 or 5 years....

I dont have a problem with Fisher wanting to own half, just who would sell them to him on that basis..?

RoboCCFC90

Surely this is good news, why are some people being so derogative regarding it?

Grendel

JS45576571.jpg

Now there's a caption competition waiting to happen.

Tim fisher is asked how many games between them Garry Pendreys Eyes and Dadgad have attended since 1987.

Rusty Trombone

not sure if there is much news, they are going to ask the liquidator to decide if he wants to put an offer in depending on the outcome of some info requests, we knew that last week.

Astute

It would be good news if we knew that a serious bid had been made. But every time I see a comment made by SISU followed by them saying that they still want to build their own stadium that we still haven't seen any proof of doesn't fill me with confidence.

The Reverend Skyblue

My god that smug moronic grin of his needs a bloody good slap. He looks a total baffoon and he wouldn't look out of place selling the big issue on Diss high street,(I can confirm Diss does have a high street).
If I had one day left on earth I know what I would really love to do

Hobo

They could do both if they had the money and the business acumen...seven years of dithering suggests not.

James Smith

The only thing it might do that I can think of on the spur of the moment that is detrimental (assuming the bid is successful) is encourage Wasps to use (assuming they have it) their veto as they may not want to go halves with someone who is, or says they are going to bugger off after a few years.

wingy

But you know It's a charade .

How do they fund This ,what level of sponsorship can CCFC bring to the table as a third div club ?

That Is basically what gives/gave Wasps the advantage here,the type of deal they alone could attract pays the Mortgage over 10-15 yrs .

That Is security SISU can't bring to the table In this mismatch and would hold sway In all the other parties thinking ,let alone the Debt the Club would carry into a deal.IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread