Tony Mowbray - Director of Football (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

After Reading through the threads on here and our slump (which is far more than just a blip), the general feeling is that we need a change of some sort. There is no hiding the fact that TM is very stubborn (a trait not good in managers - see Pressely) and struggles to adapt during a game, especially when things aren't going well. Some of his transfers have been questionable too. However, there is no getting away from the fact that he has done some very good things at the club too. He and his team have really sorted the off field problems (something that clueless Sisu employees have never grasped) and it is obvious he has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the game. TM also seems to have good contacts and is able to get some good players such as Armstrong.

So I think he is someone good to have around but maybe if he moved into a Director of Football role and then got in a younger manager/coach, I reckon this might just be what we need to keep stability but also give us the shot in the arm we may need.

Samo

Nowt left in the pot though.

The Gentleman

Can't see his skillset is at all suited to a DoF myself.

If he was good enough as manager when he was appointed, he's good enough now.

So he hasn't sorted out the off field matters, back room staff, made the club more professional at training? that is the sort of stuff a DoF can do. Oh and he's not good enough now, but everyone was prepared to give him the keys to their houses until the wheels really came off

NorthernWisdom

So he hasn't sorted out the off field matters, back room staff, made the club more professional at training? that is the sort of stuff a DoF can do.

Not convinced he *has* made the club more professional at training, and the off field matters.

What has he actually *done* other than paint a few bits of graffiti around Ryton? How is the youth system any more professional than under Pressley?

Oh and he's not good enough now, but everyone was prepared to give him the keys to their houses until the wheels really came off

Exactly. So why change the manager? If he's any good, the results will be temporary. If he isn't, what's the point of giving the same people again the chance to choose poorly?

Colin Steins Smile

TM inherited a club with poor infrastructure, as first team heading for the 4th tier. He has made significant progress. However, if anyone thinks progress in sport is linear they are naive!

The Gentleman

Not convinced he *has* made the club more professional at training, and the off field matters.

What has he actually *done* other than paint a few bits of graffiti around Ryton? How is the youth system any more professional than under Pressley?

Exactly. So why change the manager? If he's any good, the results will be temporary. If he isn't, what's the point of giving the same people again the chance to choose poorly?

My nephew plays for CCFC under 13's and the talk from people I talk to is that things are better behind the scenes and are ran better. Although you may know different, by the way you're talking, you obviously do. I am saying he isn't good as a manager but seems to do the other football related matters well so that's why I said get another manager

Nick

Administrator
My nephew plays for CCFC under 13's and the talk from people I talk to is that things are better behind the scenes and are ran better. Although you may know different, by the way you're talking, you obviously do. I am saying he isn't good as a manager but seems to do the other football related matters well so that's why I said get another manager
But then could that be Venus doing a good job?

Kingokings204

TM inherited a club with poor infrastructure, as first team heading for the 4th tier. He has made significant progress. However, if anyone thinks progress in sport is linear they are naive!

Couldn't agree more. All this talk of getting rid of TM is stupid. Sacking a manager every year. In the year he has been here we were all for league 2 and certain for it and now 6-7th in league 1. Give him a break. Sure he has his faults and becoming noticeable but he is a class act for this league. We are lucky

stevefloyd

If he was a brilliant manager he would be managing a higher profile club, he tried at Celtic but failed, at the start of the season he was everybodys messiah but now things are not going so well he is the latest of a long line of scapegoats ...lets see what happens for the rest of the season, we aint out of it until little miss fatty starts to warble and lets see if this sin't our year how things progress in the summer

chiefdave

Don't really see the point. Yes if TM is a huge success and ends up staying here for a long time then you'd look at something like that if you wanted to bring someone through as a new manager that is already connected to the club.

If you're just pushing him upstairs to bring someone else it I can only see it causing problems.

letsallsingtogether

"In Tony we trust".
"Shows that Sisu have changed by bringing him in"
Has that all changed now or have they conned everyone again?

I for one would carry on, no point in keep changing managers who have the same restraints put on them, and just giving us false hope yet again.
New manager brings on yet more young talant gives us a kick start then has them sold from under them, falls by the wayside and we slide down the table. Nothing has changed just the name of the scapegoat.
PUSB.

Users who are viewing this thread