Transfer Embargo (1 Viewer)

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Sometimes transfer embargo's are placed during a club takeover. They managed to hide the embargo from us, could there be a possibility of this?

I hope so.:D

Disorganised1

I wish I had you guys' optimism

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hate to put a spanner in that thought........ but.......

the embargo came in late 2010 or early 2011. It is likely it happened because

(a) HMRC was not paid.... Clubs have to inform the League when tax liabilities are over due
or (b) football debts had not been paid.... ie other clubs not paid for transfers

The league rules allow an embargo in these circumstances and players can still be signed but it requires special permission from the league (therefore unlikely) The embargo does not stop sales of players (would be illogical to stop sales because that could raise funds to clear debts but all transaction are monitored by the league)

Fingers crossed for new investors !!

kg82

I was thinking about this earlier, is the transfer embargo still in place? Apparently all the debts that needed to be paid off have been and they said in the press conference the books would be handed in within a couple of weeks, so why would the embargo not have been lifted yet?

smileycov

Facebook User
I do believe we got the embargo in regards the accounts being filled late and the unpaid tax bill!

Not even thinking about takeover's and the like. Just enjoying what is being served up A La Carte Sky Blue at present and what will be will be :D

Nonleagueherewecome

A Buddhist response! That's the only way to be as a City fan right now-there is no other time but the present moment, and "life is suffering!"
No point in worrying about the future, it's bound to be bad. Lets just enjoy the quality football on show for the rest of the season. We may not have the chance again.

sky blue john

Thorn targets strong finish

Wednesday 20th April 2011 15:19
  • Print Article
  • Email Article

Coventry_2566974.jpg

Coventry: Virtually assured of safety

skybet-logo.png
Click here for football betting

Coventry caretaker Andy Thorn believes a strong finish to the season will enhance the club's pulling power in the summer transfer market.
Thorn and Steve Harrison have breathed new life into the Sky Blues since taking the reins in mid-March, with their brand of attacking, passing football registering three wins, two draws and a single defeat from their six games to date.
City are all but mathematically safe from relegation but Thorn is fully aware of the importance of finishing on a high, even though it is yet to be announced if he will still be in charge when the players report back for duty at the start of July.
"If you finish the season well then it carries on into next, I don't care what anyone says. When you finish a season that way you can't wait to get back again," said Thorn. "If you finish well, on a high and on a good points tally then that's all good."
Asked whether that also makes it easier to attract players, he added: "The phone's been going all the time at the moment, it (a strong finish) obviously helps.
"The amount of people who want to come and play for Coventry is amazing, because no-one's reared their head for the last 12 months. But because things are going well there's a buzz around the place and I think it's massive that you're doing well and then a lot of players talk. So if we do well and carry on as we have done, it certainly makes it a lot easier."

Just seen this article on team talk I had to laugh that Thorns phone is hot from all these players who want to play for us. Just two stumbling blocks- transfer embargo and no money :blue:

kg82

Thorn targets strong finish

Wednesday 20th April 2011 15:19
  • Print Article
  • Email Article

Coventry_2566974.jpg

Coventry: Virtually assured of safety

skybet-logo.png
Click here for football betting

Coventry caretaker Andy Thorn believes a strong finish to the season will enhance the club's pulling power in the summer transfer market.
Thorn and Steve Harrison have breathed new life into the Sky Blues since taking the reins in mid-March, with their brand of attacking, passing football registering three wins, two draws and a single defeat from their six games to date.
City are all but mathematically safe from relegation but Thorn is fully aware of the importance of finishing on a high, even though it is yet to be announced if he will still be in charge when the players report back for duty at the start of July.
"If you finish the season well then it carries on into next, I don't care what anyone says. When you finish a season that way you can't wait to get back again," said Thorn. "If you finish well, on a high and on a good points tally then that's all good."
Asked whether that also makes it easier to attract players, he added: "The phone's been going all the time at the moment, it (a strong finish) obviously helps.
"The amount of people who want to come and play for Coventry is amazing, because no-one's reared their head for the last 12 months. But because things are going well there's a buzz around the place and I think it's massive that you're doing well and then a lot of players talk. So if we do well and carry on as we have done, it certainly makes it a lot easier."

Just seen this article on team talk I had to laugh that Thorns phone is hot from all these players who want to play for us. Just two stumbling blocks- transfer embargo and no money :blue:

Well, the transfer window's closed as well!! So I'm guessing he meant in the summer when, hopefully, some things will be sorted

Nonleagueherewecome

Bear in mind he was a scout, so all the agents probably have his number! I think anyone looking at what Thorns done for our players would love a chance to play for him. But where's the wages money coming from?!

Of course, if RR and GH do have something in the works, Thorn will know much more than most what the score is...I'm just praying he's their inside man! The bloke would be seriously dangerous in the market with money..but nah, I'm dreaming now!

Love Thorn's little phrases like "it's all good", hehe. Geezer!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Are they ringing Andy to see if HE'S available for them?? They're all realising what a good investment he would be to have on THEIR books!!

Users who are viewing this thread