Translation (1 Viewer)

Calista

I thought I read somewhere that “SISU” was Joy’s business philosophy and in Finnish meant something like “fight to the bitter end even when everyone thinks you are wrong”. But I just typed it into Google Translate, and quite wonderfully it just said “Go” :laugh:

(To be fair, it offered some alternatives like “perseverance”, and it’s fair to say we’ve seen a bit of that)

Samo

I thought I read somewhere that “SISU” was Joy’s business philosophy and in Finnish meant something like “fight to the bitter end even when everyone thinks you are wrong”. But I just typed it into Google Translate, and quite wonderfully it just said “Go” :laugh:

(To be fair, it offered some alternatives like “perseverance”, and it’s fair to say we’ve seen a bit of that)

'Stay' the exact opposite would be more appropriate. Or even 'stay' despite the fact that everyone has hinted, yawned, put the cat out and changed into their jimjams. Jesus will they ever fucking leave?

torchomatic

Not sure what's worse to be honest. SISU or the endless obsessed threads about them, all with a different "angle".

I'm reminded of Edmund Blackadder and his quip about the "endless poetry".

Hobo

SISU is Finnish for determination, bravery and resilience. Of course there comes a time when all that just becomes fruitless stupidity!!

J

Jack Griffin

Isn't is some sort of leech?

Calista

Not sure what's worse to be honest. SISU or the endless obsessed threads about them, all with a different "angle".

I'm reminded of Edmund Blackadder and his quip about the "endless poetry".

You're right, it's perhaps the endless obsessed threads. However, I did find the unexpected translation amusing. No big deal.

mrtrench

You're right, it's perhaps the endless obsessed threads. However, I did find the unexpected translation amusing. No big deal.

Absolutely, the threads are far far worse than the mismanagement of the club and endless litigations trying to rip off the people of Coventry, charities etc. Those damned threads!

Users who are viewing this thread