Travel Plans 2016 (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

Beginning to get itchy feet again (insert joke) so has anyone got any travel plans for 2016?

Got a few bits lined up already with Benidorm, Vegas and Amsterdam all for birthdays and there is a possibility I may be going to Qatar and Saudi Arabia for work (and Brazil and Columbia if I can play it right ;)) but is anyone else going anywhere this year?

The more I see and read about it the more I fancy getting to Canada!!

mechaishida

Beginning to get itchy feet again (insert joke) so has anyone got any travel plans for 2016?

Got a few bits lined up already with Benidorm, Vegas and Amsterdam all for birthdays and there is a possibility I may be going to Qatar and Saudi Arabia for work (and Brazil and Columbia if I can play it right ;)) but is anyone else going anywhere this year?

The more I see and read about it the more I fancy getting to Canada!!

Canada is lovely, but uh, the French-speaking parts are a bit iffy...like Quebec and Montreal, I believe. Plus it rains a lot.

Apparently, we're off to the Lake District if the weather's holding up in July; log cabin, sprawling scenery, yes please.

I did brooch the subject of going to Japan to the wife, but she laughed at me like a musketeer.

LastGarrison

A mate of mine went last year and some of his stories and pictures are amazing!

The stunning scenery, lakes and wildlife are a massive draw for me!

Lake District sounds a great place to go with the family too, we have so much natural beauty on our own doorstep that we don't actually go and see. Something else on my list to do this year!

mechaishida

A mate of mine went last year and some of his stories and pictures are amazing!

The stunning scenery, lakes and wildlife are a massive draw for me!

Lake District sounds a great place to go with the family too, we have so much natural beauty on our own doorstep that we don't actually go and see. Something else on my list to do this year!

Aye, it's a beautiful place, well worth a visit. > http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/01/travel/gallery/canada-20-most-beautiful-places/

As a side note, there are tons of Dutch holidaymakers here in Wales, which makes sense since this is the place for mountains and they haven't got any.

LastGarrison

Whereabouts in Wales are you? Go up to North Wales to visit the missus' family every couple of months and it's a great part of the world.

Llangollen, Bala, Llandudno - all beautiful places.

mechaishida

Whereabouts in Wales are you? Go up to North Wales to visit the missus' family every couple of months and it's a great part of the world.

Llangollen, Bala, Llandudno - all beautiful places.

Mid-Wales, mate, county of Ceredigion - where the Welsh language is of second most importance to breathing. :D This county is steeped in history and natural beauty. At the moment, we're taking a battering with the weather, but in the Spring and Summer it's breathtaking down by the coast.

Also, there's a place called The Lily Pond down in Pembrokeshire that's worth a visit, remarkable place in the Summer.

Terry Gibson's perm

Cromer for us this year, on Canada I have been to Vancouver and Vancouver island and spent a couple of weeks in Edmonton at Xmas a few years ago which was very cold, there is lots to do in Vancouver but not all that much do see and do in Edmonton. I much prefer Seattle and San Fransisco.

skybluejelly

We are going to Florida for 3 weeks ,Last family holiday as both kids will be a uni come next year..we gave them the choice and they chose Florida ..will also have a couple of weeks in Devon but that will be a busmans holiday helping a friend move house..

bringbackrattles

Mid-Wales, mate, county of Ceredigion - where the Welsh language is of second most importance to breathing. :D This county is steeped in history and natural beauty. At the moment, we're taking a battering with the weather, but in the Spring and Summer it's breathtaking down by the coast.

Also, there's a place called The Lily Pond down in Pembrokeshire that's worth a visit, remarkable place in the Summer.
I'm envious of where you live as I've been to North Wales several times,love Aberdaron such a nice place for walking etc with a smashing beach.I 'm a big outdoors fan and have walked in Scotland and the Peak District and the Lakes is on my wish list too !

Liquid Gold

Budapest at the end of the month
Tuscany in the summer
France for the Euros
Lakes for an extended wedding
an as yet undecided Greek island
bit of time in the new forest

Looking forward to it all, any tips will be appreciated

ddsdube

South of France for family holiday

Washington DC for work (over 4th July )

Possibly Poland... mountains south of Kraków for new years