Unfunny Comedians (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Reading through...its amazing different people's takes on this. Even some that I find hilarious 'live' doing stand-up...listed as unfunny by others.
Harry Hill, Lee Mac, Tim Vine, The Pub Landlord, Eddie Izzard all funny start to finish on their feet with a mic. Lee Evans, Mianda & many many more are are just occasionally funny.
Lets turn it around...maybe we should think positively?
WHAT IS funny? Can anyone really define it?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Otis

Reading through...its amazing different people's takes on this. Even some that I find hilarious 'live' doing stand-up...listed as unfunny by others.
Harry Hill, Lee Mac, Tim Vine, The Pub Landlord, Eddie Izzard all funny start to finish on their feet with a mic. Lee Evans, Mianda & many many more are are just occasionally funny.
Lets turn it around...maybe we should think positively?
WHAT IS funny? Can anyone really define it?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Funny is something that makes you laugh.

Hope that helps.

Si80

Milton Jones & Stewart Francis. Not a fan of one liner type comedians. Tim Vine escapes my wrath by being ok in Not Going Out.

Covstu

Michael McIntyre is a bit bland for me. Lee Evans is okay, occasionally funny, but Eddie Izzard can be brilliant.

Some of my favourite comedy moments ever (Death Star Canteen and the Computer modem thing especially). Funnily enough, was talking with my daughter about the computer skit this very morning. 'Cannot access the modem? THERE it is!!' ha, ha! Love it so much.

Russell Howard I find unfunny. Also Harry Hill, Victoria Wood and Lennie Henry.
The star Wars sketch was hilarious!!

mrtrench

I go to Edinburgh every year. I usually pay to see 3 or 4 shows and spend the remainder of the time on free at the door shows (I do put money in their hats).
The big names I like are Stewart Lee; Eddie Izzard; San Lock; Mark Watson; Nina Conti... cannot think of many more off the top of my head. Peter Cook used to crack me up. The free fringe is much better value - they're not all great but I feel like I'm on their side, so it's a pleasant evening laughing with them even if they're not that great.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I went to see Steve Coogan at the NIA a couple of years ago and he was cringingly bad
He did 5 characters each ending with a song and a weird Partridge/Shakespeare skit
I was gutted as I loved all his partridge stuff and 3 Paul calf video diaries

vow

Russell Kane, poncing about on stage and always has to let the audience know he isnt actually gay!!

Ok, we get it Rus, but you're still unfunny m8.

Macca

Beat me to it. Him, Jack Whitehall anyone of that ilk.
Russell Howard, nice enough bloke but a comedian??? maybe if you are an 18 year old student.
Any one trick pony who bases act on their appearance, race or sexuality, yawn. Oh look here comes Sarah Millican joking about cake or Allan Carr confirming he isn't averse to taking a wrong turn on spaghetti junction....boring

shmmeee

Who's the fella with long ginger hair and the piano? He is annoying

What the fuck? How can you not like Tim Minchin??

Thank You God and If I Didn't Have You are some of the best comedy songs ever.

This thread really does show its all about personal taste when it comes to comedy.

For myself : almost all female comedians, Mrs Brown and pretty much anyone who has ever been on Live at the Apollo.

AJB1983

I went to see Russell Howard as a mate had a ticket going.
To be fair he was ok and I did laugh at quite a bit, however there was some stuff I frankly did not find in the slightest bit funny, but some people sat around me were pissing themselves.
Different sense of humour I guess, but wasn't like other gigs where everyone laughed at the same bits.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I went to see Tom Stade live. Worst comedian ive seen live in recent years, and I've been to a fair few. Just didn't get him at all!

Another who tries to be funny but has to add offensive language into the act in the hope of getting a laugh.

I'm not against swearing, far from it; I've seen Frankie Boyle (who I like), but Stade was just a waste of an evening for me!

Otis

I went to see Tom Stade live. Worst comedian ive seen live in recent years, and I've been to a fair few. Just didn't get him at all!

Another who tries to be funny but has to add offensive language into the act in the hope of getting a laugh.

I'm not against swearing, far from it; I've seen Frankie Boyle (who I like), but Stade was just a waste of an evening for me!

I recall seeing Rick Mayall doing stand up and he too just substituted swearing for humour. Got very tiresome after about 15 mins.

No punchline? I'll just swear, that'll get a laugh.

Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread