Unreserved Seating (1 Viewer)

Pete_87

I booked my ticket for Southend away later than my group of friends but wasn't too concerned as the CCFC website indicated that it is unreserved seating.

I've collected my ticket and it has the usual block / seat number printed on the front so I'm a little worried that things won't be straightforward on Saturday!

Does anyone else have any similar concerns?

torchomatic

I hate when they do this. It kicked off a few years ago at the last game of the season at Sheffield Utd. Some turned up just before and after kick off and then kicked off when they found their seat being sat in and being told by stewards that they were to sit "anywhere".

ceetee

For the away end at Port Vale (I may be confusing with Walsall but one of them certainly} they issue tickets with a seat number but there are signs in the lobbies saying unreserved seating.

Pete_87

Surely this is simply an underlying seat, so they don't over sell the tickets?
You would think so, but I know that some supporters will probably take no notice of signs or online notices and just follow their seat number. Hopefully the stewards are well rehearsed in this sort of thing.

skybluegod

To be fair I think it’s dependant not he situation if it’s a small away end with all tickets sold then it has to be allocated seating imo. What if dad a son get stuck in traffic... wouldn’t be right to split them up...

However if it’s not sold out/is a big away end, would say unallocated is fine.

They should really have been clearer on the website in this case.

SAJ

Can't see it being a major problem we have virtually 3 seats per person based on what's been sold so far.

Sick Boy

It's quite common to have seat numbers on tickets and turn up and massive signs saying unreserved. At Charlton we got told to sit anywhere by the stewards, which led to issues as some hadn't been told it. I doubt there will be much of a problem this weekend.

Going to have to drive to this one and do the dreaded anti clockwise m25, is there much parking near the ground?

Johhny Blue

It's quite common to have seat numbers on tickets and turn up and massive signs saying unreserved. At Charlton we got told to sit anywhere by the stewards, which led to issues as some hadn't been told it. I doubt there will be much of a problem this weekend.

Going to have to drive to this one and do the dreaded anti clockwise m25, is there much parking near the ground?
You don't need to drive the M25. If you take the A11 to Norwich James is running a boat down the coast

Users who are viewing this thread