Very premature but.... (1 Viewer)

Bennosdancingfeet

When we last went to wembley for a cup final I was an 11 year old boy. Having been to every round of the cup in 87, I camped out without my parents knowledge, stubs in pocket only to be bullied, pushed and shoved and sadly missing out.

Should we get there whats the craic? When teams like Scotland play England they all sit round Trafalgar Square all day getting pissed.... Do league clubs do that?

I'd want to make it a good day, what would everyone be doing?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question .

covkid

I will come back to, once we have got there .... Getting worried now that soo many people think we only need to turn up for the Crewe games and they will just roll over and let us have our day at Wembley... Its not the case ....... Two massive games to win before we get the golden carrot

Bennosdancingfeet

Hence the very premature thread.. But in 87, did all cov fans congregate in a specific area?

Crewe will be a hard team to beat and I'm not saying we are already at the arches, did that at bramall lane, only to see it all go tits up.

kirby485

The title of this thread sounds just like my sex life.

It's difficult to not think of the Arch, but if think we already have one foot in the final, we're so very wrong. Whoever wants it most, deserves it most - lets hope its us!

We could have a massive kick about in the city centre now its all pedestrianised

RichieGunns

Lost of very nice pubs near Victoria Coach station for those making their way down early :)

A few just outside Euston too!

Otis

Last time, I stayed overnight in London the day before the game.

Was so excited I got to Wembley at about 10.30 a.m. and obviously the place was completely deserted. So was left sitting about and twiddling my thumbs for about 3 hours.

Baginton

When my proper team get there and Ive been four times in my life, including new Wembley twice, we normally get the Green man as a designated pub, huge pub with a huge beer garden, and it normally gets drunk dry :claping hands:

Great day out, I hope Cov get there for the younger fans who've never been!

harvey098

Are you a Luton fan Bagington? They are my second team as my stepdad supports them, would never let him take Cov away from me though! They make such a good atmosphere at that green man to be fair

singers_pore

Already checked the flights. Will be arriving on Friday morning on the red eye from Singapore to Heathrow. Two days sight seeing with my son and then the game on Sunday. Fly back on Sunday night and arrive back in Singers on Monday evening, having missed an important event at work. I am excited that my son will be seeing Cov play for only the second time in his life. The other time was when he as 4 and we beat Millwall at HR.

theferret

When we last went to wembley for a cup final I was an 11 year old boy. Having been to every round of the cup in 87, I camped out without my parents knowledge, stubs in pocket only to be bullied, pushed and shoved and sadly missing out.

Should we get there whats the craic? When teams like Scotland play England they all sit round Trafalgar Square all day getting pissed.... Do league clubs do that?

I'd want to make it a good day, what would everyone be doing?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question .

Nobody drinks in Trafalgar Square, there are no pubs (only Scots who are too tight so buy cans from the off- icence). A day on the piss for a Wembley game - Leicester Sqaure, Covent Garden, Baker Street.

So many places to drink and congregate though, that teams don't take over. At Arsenal, we had 8000, many on an all dayer, but apart from Covent Garden we hardly saw a City fan in central London all day.

smileycov

Facebook User
the globe baker street. good for tube into wembley...................but lets try and qualify first FFS

Baginton

Are you a Luton fan Bagington? They are my second team as my stepdad supports them, would never let him take Cov away from me though! They make such a good atmosphere at that green man to be fair

yeah, relocated here with work a few years ago. Playing Norwich today in the cup... :claping hands:

CJparker

I might spend the JPT day doing work in the garden if I don't get a ticket

I ent been wembley before so i wanna hav a drink somewhere, then have a look round wembley and get in the stadium at half 2. Just chill out and do some sight seeing

Users who are viewing this thread