Walking Dead Season 6 (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Has anybody watched the first one yet? (Dont give it away as I am watching tonight)

Otis

Nope. Saving it for tonight.

Fargo starts again next week too. Good times. :guitar2:

SkyBlueScottie

Nope, watching tonight. As its only 24 hours wait I don't mind. Same as Homeland, the gap isn't massive so I'm prepared to wait.

Otis

Homeland started off a bit slow, but I think that is a good sign. The last series started off as if it was going to be a damb squib, but it was just setting the scene for what turned out to be excellent TV.

Lovely. Three of my favourite programmes all starting around the same time.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Watching WD tonight. I also thought that Homeland seemed a bit slow but expect better things. As for Fargo, I've never watched it. I saw the film and wasn't hugely impressed though. Is the series any better? Also, The Blacklist is returning at the end of the month. Can't wait for that! James Spader is brilliant in this role!

Samo

Nope. Saving it for tonight.

Fargo starts again next week too. Good times. :guitar2:

I have to save TWD until my son gets home from Uni at Christmas!
I loved Fargo, when does the new series start?

Otis

Watching WD tonight. I also thought that Homeland seemed a bit slow but expect better things. As for Fargo, I've never watched it. I saw the film and wasn't hugely impressed though. Is the series any better? Also, The Blacklist is returning at the end of the month. Can't wait for that! James Spader is brilliant in this role!

Houch, get your ass all over Fargo. I can't recommend it highly enough. Watch the first series. It is truly superb and as I said earlier, one or two episodes are absolutely breathtaking.

Otis

[h=1]Channel 4 Sets UK Premiere Date For ‘Fargo’ Season 2[/h]By Patrick Munn | October 7, 2015 - 3:03 pm | 0 Comments
Category : News, UK News

Tags : Channel 4, Fargo

Fargo-S2-300x200.jpg

The second season of FX’s Fargo will receive its UK premiere on Channel 4 on Monday October 19th at 10pm, it has been announced.

Otis

They pulled out all the stops for that one didn't they! WD on a grand landscape.

Season looking promising.

Just a shame the budget ran out for tonight's episode and they had to shoot part of it in black and white.

Houchens Head

Houch, get your ass all over Fargo. I can't recommend it highly enough. Watch the first series. It is truly superb and as I said earlier, one or two episodes are absolutely breathtaking.

Otis. Isn't life great that we all have different likes and dislikes? :D Me and 'er indoors just sat through the first episode of Fargo and both nearly fell asleep through boredom. It was woeful! Don't think I'll bother with any more!

Houchens Head

Just a shame the budget ran out for tonight's episode and they had to shoot part of it in black and white.

We watched the end of the last episode of Season 5 to remind ourselves what happened. Episode 1 of season 6 has no bearing on it at all!
What happened to all the "walkers" that were drawn into the back of those artic trucks at the end of S5 Ep16?
Why was it filmed half in black and white?
What's with all the flashbacks that don't seem to have any bearing either? Hoping for better things. :(

Last edited:

Otis

The black and white took us to the past. Flashbacks to the past leading up to the herding of the walkers away.

And Houch, if you only watched one episode of Fargo, therein lies the problem. The whole point is to paint a picture of normality. The frst episode from what I recall tries to paint a middle American normal town where it's all hunky dory and all is right with the world. What you find though is this is a world where it is anything but normal.

I would urge you to stick with it. It really is brilliant once everything all starts unravelling and coming apart at the seams.

Houchens Head

The black and white took us to the past. Flashbacks to the past leading up to the herding of the walkers away.

And Houch, if you only watched one episode of Fargo, therein lies the problem. The whole point is to paint a picture of normality. The frst episode from what I recall tries to paint a middle American normal town where it's all hunky dory and all is right with the world. What you find though is this is a world where it is anything but normal.

I would urge you to stick with it. It really is brilliant once everything all starts unravelling and coming apart at the seams.

I'll give it another go Otis. I have to admit though, to being one of the hardest to please when it comes to film and TV - I can't stand soap operas but used to enjoy Casualty for something to watch on a Saturday evening. I can't stand it now because the writers have turned it into a pile of shite, with pathetic, unbelievable storylines.

SkyBlueScottie

Great opening for TWD, really epic episode. Loved the flashbacks, loved the interactions between Rick and Morgan.

So who made the noise to scupper the plan?

Ron Andersen, son of Pete who Rick killed last season, Deanna Monroe is some sort of grief driven rage or the group who are carving W's into the foreheads of walkers.

Alternatively was it a distress call???

ajsccfc

A few of the customary stupid bits. They're at the garage and admit the walkers in there could make noise so decide to deal with them on the way back from their dress rehearsal. Do it while you're all there!

As they weren't actually meant to be doing the plan when they were, I think distress call unless someone snuck away. Or just Fr Gabriel being a dick.

Morgan seeing right through Carol immediately was ace, he's the best even though he's only been in about three episodes.

Nick

Administrator
A few of the customary stupid bits. They're at the garage and admit the walkers in there could make noise so decide to deal with them on the way back from their dress rehearsal. Do it while you're all there!

As they weren't actually meant to be doing the plan when they were, I think distress call unless someone snuck away. Or just Fr Gabriel being a dick.

Morgan seeing right through Carol immediately was ace, he's the best even though he's only been in about three episodes.

Took me until I googled to realise it was him out of snatch!

Didn't he send Morgan back just before the noise too?

ajsccfc

I think Morgan and Michonne were with him as the noise went off, he'd just dispatched Carter.

westofrayne

Great opening for TWD, really epic episode. Loved the flashbacks, loved the interactions between Rick and Morgan.

So who made the noise to scupper the plan?

Ron Andersen, son of Pete who Rick killed last season, Deanna Monroe is some sort of grief driven rage or the group who are carving W's into the foreheads of walkers.

Alternatively was it a distress call???

I'd go with your 3rd option, they feature in the series so I'm guessing this is the way to bring them into the plot. The ones carving the "W" are meant to be another survival group but run by fear, violence is the name of the game for them.

Could see some interesting interactions between the groups this season.

stupot07

I'm a bit behind on TWD, just started season 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Im late to the party with this
Im onto the 4th episode of the first series
pretty good so far

Otis

I liked season 2 though. I know many viewers didn't, but the reviews were good and you had to accept it for what it was. It was deliberately slow and brooding and you were just waiting for something to happen, then when something did happen your senses were heightened.

Very much a calm before the storm and all the better for it. If you just had six seasons of relentless action we'd all soon get bored.

You have to have peaks and troughs in these things to make it worth.

The 2nd season is one of my favourites. I love the dark broody, philosophical side of it

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just finished series 2

Rick is starting to lose the plot

Users who are viewing this thread