Walsall cooling on ground share deal ? (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Reports are that Walsall are cooling on a ground share with SISU

What are SISU going to do if at this late stage Walsall say no to a ground share arrangement ?

a. Have they got a Plan B ground they could do a quick bodge up deal with ?

b. If not, will they realise they cannot run next season and be forced to sell to someone who can (PH4?).

c. Go cap in hand back to ACL ?

Where does the administrator fit in to all this ?

lifelongcityfan

what reports are these? i saw the telegraph qouote the local paper stating that 55% were against..but that was the fans. It would be good if WFC were indeed cooling on the idea

Did hear from a walsall ticket holder that sisu would'nt pay for something to so with the pitch or would'nt pay exact amount walsall wanted...Only what he told me...

WestEndAgro

To my knowledge St Andrews has been agreed, but we are still looking at other options, if it is St Andrews I'm guessing all "home" games would be played on a Friday night due to Blues or Villa being at home on the Saturday.

SkyblueBazza

What are SISU going to do if at this late stage Walsall say no to a ground share arrangement ?

b. If not, will they realise they cannot run next season and be forced to sell to someone who can (PH4?).

TF was maybe choosing his words extra-carefully in his interview. Referring to suggestion from Linnell about re-opening talks about the Ricoh he said "We've moved on" but if I remember rightly - stopped somewhat short of saying CCFC will never play at the Ricoh again. Having been subtly & public reminded by the administrator that the company in admin owns the lease...therefore the administrator is the person responsible for negotiating any change to that lease agreement now...& that is the bit that is up for sale. In other words yes, they have moved on from talks with ACL & they will not have any further talks - the administrator will! So he isn't telling lies either, he just has stopped trying to talk on behalf of the administrator perhaps. And if any new arrangement is reached with ACL whether it be leasing or buying...that is also what the current owners will bid for IMO

StevieM

Walsall had a ground share deal with the Vile for them to play their reserve matches at the Bescot a few years back but according to the Walsall fans forum it was called off after about 10 games because of the state of the pitch. The Walsall fans are not only worried because their pitch was shite last season with just them playing on it and see it as a real impediment to any promotion hopes for next term.
Also from the posts that I have read, they are also concerned about the "moral" issue re: SISU's stance with rent and fairplay and they too think that they are a bunch of shysters and shouldn't be getting involved with their squabbles with ACL.

Noggin

To my knowledge St Andrews has been agreed, but we are still looking at other options, if it is St Andrews I'm guessing all "home" games would be played on a Friday night due to Blues or Villa being at home on the Saturday.

Traveling into birmingham at the tail end of rush hour on a friday night probably makes it take longer than going to walsall. Even lower crowds on friday night I'd have thought.

WFC

Why is that WFC?

If Watford had won we would have received an additional £150k for Troy Deany. If you are a club like us who never go into the red but have a small budget that's a lot of money. Makes SISU's dirty cash a little more tempting.

Nonleagueherewecome

Dang Butterfly Effect :(

letsallsingtogether

Yes but if we all go to what ever ground they play at and demonstrate outside the the local police will not be happy with having to control that every week we need to do it from the off.

It will also cost them extra to enforce this

Not in Walsall not in Brum Not Anywhere but in Cov

:blue:

Plan B would be to release another bullshit press release

CCFC PimpRail

Yes but if we all go to what ever ground they play at and demonstrate outside the the local police will not be happy with having to control that every week we need to do it from the off.

It will also cost them extra to enforce this

Not in Walsall not in Brum Not Anywhere but in Cov

:blue:

Interesting tactic, I like it.

Re: Friday night games, will the FA have something to say if an inordinate number of home games can't be played on a Saturday...? It's the traditional day, and is easier to find time to attend (although I doubt the number of Cov fans is going to trouble Harry Shaw).

Noggin

Interesting tactic, I like it.

Re: Friday night games, will the FA have something to say if an inordinate number of home games can't be played on a Saturday...? It's the traditional day, and is easier to find time to attend (although I doubt the number of Cov fans is going to trouble Harry Shaw).

Is it really easier to attend on friday? you have to be home from work, changed and have eaten by about 6.30 (in fact that is a bit late, you'll miss the start of some games going to birmingham at that time) and you have to have the energy after the day at work to want and go and sit (frequently in the cold) for a few hours. If you do have the energy the game has to be more appealing than going out with your friends.

I'm very confident if all games were friday night they would have a noticeably lower attendence than saturday afternoon. Night matches do have something special about them though and that does increase crowds im sure but as a regular thing I think this advantage disappears real fast and you are just left with the disadvantages.

Edit- did you mean it was easier to find time to attend on saturday, if so sorry about that and my whole post is pointless :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread