Warwickshire CCC 2019 Thread (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Table correction - level on points but Kent ahead on more wins 10 to 8

Also Kent get to choose to bowl first or not next week, right conditions and Stevens and Henry (add if Bell is missing for the bears) they’ll have an early advantage on day 1

Terry Gibson's perm

Kent batting 9 for 1 having some difficulty and it looks like the ball hit the stumps but the bail didn’t fall off

Terry Gibson's perm

Denly out 91 for 5 Stone looks the real deal if he has a good winter we won’t see him for a while he has real pace.

tisza

seems ridiculous a side with only 16 batting bps and go into final game of season with a chance of the championship

tisza

what does it say when the Div1 champions can be skittled for 67? on the beach or not as good as they should be. another raft of poor scores across CC.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Near perfect day!
Yep Sibley and Rhodes have kicked on, Div 1 will be another challenge but certainly deserve 4/5 champ games (not that there is anything else about)
Bat all day tomorrow get a 300 lead and finish them off Wednesday!

I was annoyed about the Surrey game being on tv but looking at the scorecard ha it’s good to see!

tisza

Near perfect day!
Yep Sibley and Rhodes have kicked on, Div 1 will be another challenge but certainly deserve 4/5 champ games (not that there is anything else about)
Bat all day tomorrow get a 300 lead and finish them off Wednesday!

I was annoyed about the Surrey game being on tv but looking at the scorecard ha it’s good to see!
Once they realized they had to fight for runs (Sibley in particular) both much improved. Take that through to next season I reckon they'll go okay.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Warks 375/8 (112.2 ov, JS Patel 27*, CJC Wright 38*, G Stewart 1/52) - Live | Match Report | ESPNCricinfo

If Warwickshire are to stay up next season, they will need to rely on several new faces. At least two of this side - Jonathan Trott, who is retiring, and Chris Wright, who is moving to Leicestershire - will be gone and it seems likely that Keith Barker will depart, too. The club have offered him a new deal but it is understood not to be quite as attractive as the package he enjoys at present or, crucially, as attractive as deals available elsewhere. Andrew Umeed, Sunny Singh, Boyd Rankin (all released) and Josh Poysden (Yorkshire) are also departing, while the club says it does not anticipate adding to Liam Norwell, Craig Miles (both Gloucestershire seamers) and Rob Yates (a top-order batsman) among those joining.

This apparent imbalance between those departing and those arriving is not, Warwickshire insist, anything to do with budget - they are due to make a substantial repayment of up to £4m on the loan taken out to fund their redevelopment towards the end of 2019 - but rather a desire to provide opportunities to those already here and an inability to persuade others to join them.

On the evidence of this performance, Barker would be substantially missed. While the pace he generates these days is sedate, the swing he gains is lavish, the variety is useful and the footmarks he creates for Jeetan Patel an underrated asset.”

Users who are viewing this thread