Warwickshire CCC 2019 Thread (1 Viewer)

tisza

maybe it's just an indictment of Div 2 cricket when the top 2 sides look unlikely to make 200 runs in an innings.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Kent lead by 170+ At lunch only 2 down unless there is a collapse in the first hour after lunch I think this game is done and dusted!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Warwickshire chasing 519 to win (which would be the 2nd highest run chase in the history of cricket)

End the day 229-1
290 more needed tomorrow, surely not......

Posted on wrong thread originally!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It is amazing because until a couple of years ago he seemed a lot stronger with the red ball, the problem has is how can they put him in the one day team

You can’t.
I’d have him in the squad ahead of Billings but I’d rather Hain plays for the Lions or Warwickshire than carries the drinks for England!

If all the England players were fit I’d have Woakes and Stokes in the side, you’d probably leave out one of Plunkett, willey and Wood for Woakes and quite possibly Root for Stokes so you have 6 bowling options.

pipkin73

If Trott or Ambrose had turned up to the game , how close would it have been. Only lost by 73 runs on a world record score.

tisza

If all the England players were fit I’d have Woakes and Stokes in the side, you’d probably leave out one of Plunkett, willey and Wood for Woakes and quite possibly Root for Stokes so you have 6 bowling options.
Just shows how good this squad is atm.
Pick the side on the day. Swinging then Willey, if not one of the other quicks.
Root has to stay Sometimes a couple of early wickets and he rebuilds the innings Averaging over 50.

chiefdave

If Trott or Ambrose had turned up to the game , how close would it have been. Only lost by 73 runs on a world record score.
If I was Sibley or Bell I'd be having words in that dressing room. Apart from Hose nobody made a contribution. With the scores those two got this should have been a win.

Terry Gibson's perm

Henry Brookes in the lions squad, the bits I have seen he looks a good prospect if his surname was Curran he would be in the full England squad

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Henry Brookes in the lions squad, the bits I have seen he looks a good prospect if his surname was Curran he would be in the full England squad

A couple of years off yet.

Warwickshire rested him for this champ game but he’ll be playing 2 for the Lions this weekend! Big opportunity for him being such a youngster!

tisza

A couple of years off yet.

Warwickshire rested him for this champ game but he’ll be playing 2 for the Lions this weekend! Big opportunity for him being such a youngster!
was surprised by his pace for a youngster. nice to see youngsters in the Lions rather than fringe players

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Can’t see the point in calling him up to leave him out would have spent better time in the county championship.

But another bears win and who said you won’t win Many games with Ohd in the side:banghead:

Fair play he had a decent game. Still don’t get how his action generates any pace or movement!

That’s the end of Warwickshire for a while over to the Birmingham franchise for the hit and giggle.

Terry Gibson's perm

Fair play he had a decent game. Still don’t get how his action generates any pace or movement!

That’s the end of Warwickshire for a while over to the Birmingham franchise for the hit and giggle.

Not something that I am that interested in the t20 or whatever it’s called now, I will watch the odd game

tisza

He is a bit hit & miss. Like you don't get his action.
still warks handily placed for now.
Think there's an overkill of twenty20. Can't support anything prefaced Birmingham Still think it's an ill-conceived sell-out of normal Warwickshire supporters

Terry Gibson's perm

Chris Wright to join Leicestershire at the end of the season be interesting to see who they replace him with as they will have good chance to look at a few on the division two tour

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Chris Wright to join Leicestershire at the end of the season be interesting to see who they replace him with as they will have good chance to look at a few on the division two tour

Not too fussed tbh good servent, Brookes appearing has been a godsend (sky discussing him for the England test side last night), Stone around if he can get fit,others in back up sidebottom and Douthwaite who’s making strides with bat and ball in 2nds.
Also I think Zak Chappell will come in from Leicestershire he’s been linked for past few months.

tisza

Not too fussed tbh good servent, Brookes appearing has been a godsend (sky discussing him for the England test side last night), Stone around if he can get fit,others in back up sidebottom and Douthwaite who’s making strides with bat and ball in 2nds.
Also I think Zak Chappell will come in from Leicestershire he’s been linked for past few months.
need cover for Stone as well just because he doesn't seem capable of a full season. Wright performances been slipping away

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

need cover for Stone as well just because he doesn't seem capable of a full season. Wright performances been slipping away

Stopped taking wickets doesnt go for many and improved with the bat but considering he was signed on loan from Essex (who were div 2) when the Bears were chasing and won the title 2012 he game in and was class he’s done well right time for him to go.

Need the likes of Rankin off the wage bill.

Terry Gibson's perm

Stopped taking wickets doesnt go for many and improved with the bat but considering he was signed on loan from Essex (who were div 2) when the Bears were chasing and won the title 2012 he game in and was class he’s done well right time for him to go.

Need the likes of Rankin off the wage bill.

Rankin becomes an overseas and his contract ends after this summer.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

When did Rankin last play? Must admit thought he had gone already.

Did he play in any of the one day games? May have not played this season for the firsts, he was carrying the drinks in the 2020 the other night.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go before the seasons out maybe on a short term contract to a county, saying that not sure anyone would take him.

Terry Gibson's perm

Did he play in any of the one day games? May have not played this season for the firsts, he was carrying the drinks in the 2020 the other night.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go before the seasons out maybe on a short term contract to a county, saying that not sure anyone would take him.

If fit and available when the next county games are on if the weather is still like this I would use him as he could get some serious bounce on these dry wickets

Users who are viewing this thread