We don’t have the players to sit deep and counter (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I am always in disbelief when I see us do this .
Second half yesterday that was CLEAR player instructions to sit back and counter , full backs stopped getting forward like the first half ,strikers and wide men all coming back to defend so there isn’t an outlet and we are often penned in and we’ve dropped points because of it , and the fact we cannot take chances .

We are a side that need to create as much as possible just to win 2-0 , therefore robins persistently using this tactic seems absolutely baffling to me .
Teams are sussing us out , they know robins makes changes at 70, they know in the second half we will sit deep and it’s starting to hit us every week .

If we can see this how can’t the management

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I am always in disbelief when I see us do this .
Second half yesterday that was CLEAR player instructions to sit back and counter , full backs stopped getting forward like the first half ,strikers and wide men all coming back to defend so there isn’t an outlet and we are often penned in and we’ve dropped points because of it , and the fact we cannot take chances .

We are a side that need to create as much as possible just to win 2-0 , therefore robins persistently using this tactic seems absolutely baffling to me .
Teams are sussing us out , they know robins makes changes at 70, they know in the second half we will sit deep and it’s starting to hit us every week .

If we can see this how can’t the management
The Management can see it , I just think it's in Mark Robins DNA to be cautious.

I remember the geat LEEDS team under Don Revie , played to be defensive but the difference is they had quality player's.

Users who are viewing this thread