Website(s) Hosting (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Hi lads - it's a question for Nick as I know he's had a lot of experience through SBT etc - but thought I'd put it out to everyone as I know there are a few out there who have dabbled in web design etc.

The wife administers a few web sites - one of which uses a large MySQL database; another is built using WordPress; another is very heavy in bandwidth due to the amount of images used. She's been using Siteground for a few years now, finds them excellent. However, it's getting to a stage where the combined data traffic is going to exceed her monthly allowance (30gb). This will probably mean they'll want to up her to a cloud or VPS, and we can't justify the spend, as none of these web sites generate income. Currently its costing about £20 a month with their GoGeek plan.

So wondering if anyone can recommend an altenative hosting company? There's loads out there which have "good" reviews, but you have to be Columbo to sift through all them all and find out which are fake, which are obviously getting commission, which are being poo-poo'ed deliberatley by their competitors etc. Bloody minefield.

What she ideally needs is
10gb storage
50gb of bandwidth (to future proof)
Ability to transfer large database (either they can do it or give you SSH access)
WordPress hosting as well as regular.
100% decent customer service - ie., if you get a problem, someone will respond to a ticket and get it sorted within an hour.

Appreciate any good experience you've had lads - I'd rather trust your judgement than any random guy on the web :)

Nick

Administrator
34sp are usually quite good but not sure what packages they have now. Usually decent support too.

Bandwidth can be changed with the click of a button so future proofing isn't an issue with that.

Will have a better look when I can!

Users who are viewing this thread