Well said Richard Keogh - respect (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Former Coventry City defender says warring factions in Ricoh Arena row need to 'grow up'

Former Coventry City defender Richard Keogh backs the Telegraph's #bringCityhome campaign
Fans favourite Richard Keogh believes the warring factions in the Ricoh Arena saga need to grow up and get the club back to the Ricoh Arena.

The former Sky Blues defender, who is now captain of Championship side Derby County, has thrown his weight behind the Telegraph’s #bringCityback campaign, insisting enough is enough.

“It’s such a shame to see what’s happened to the club,” said the 27-year-old Irish international.

“I had two fantastic years at Coventry, at the Ricoh Arena where I really enjoyed my football. I had a great relationship with the fans and to see what has happened is so sad for them – they deserve so much better.

“I have been following the situation since I left the club and hopefully they can finally get something sorted because Coventry deserves to have their team in Coventry, it’s as simple as that.

“It’s such a shame and fair play to all the fans and players for getting through such a tough period and doing so well.

”Like most on the outside, Keogh, who was virtually ever-present for City during his two-year spell in 2010-12, believes a solution is simple if his former employers, the City Council and ACL show a bit more maturity.

“It seems such an easy thing to do to get around a table and talk about getting back,” he said.

“We’re all adults at the end of the day and I am sure everyone wants to see the club back at the Ricoh because it’s such a fantastic stadium.

“You have such a fantastic facility and no team there. I have such great memories playing there and when I signed for the club it was one of the first things that really appealed to me, to play in a stadium like that.

“So I think everyone needs to maybe grow up a little bit, put their egos and pride to one side and get the best decision, which is taking Coventry back to the Ricoh.”

http://bit.ly/1jdtgjw

Former Coventry City defender says warring factions in Ricoh Arena row need to 'grow up'

Former Coventry City defender Richard Keogh backs the Telegraph's #bringCityhome campaign
Fans favourite Richard Keogh believes the warring factions in the Ricoh Arena saga need to grow up and get the club back to the Ricoh Arena.

The former Sky Blues defender, who is now captain of Championship side Derby County, has thrown his weight behind the Telegraph’s #bringCityback campaign, insisting enough is enough.

“It’s such a shame to see what’s happened to the club,” said the 27-year-old Irish international.

“I had two fantastic years at Coventry, at the Ricoh Arena where I really enjoyed my football. I had a great relationship with the fans and to see what has happened is so sad for them – they deserve so much better.

“I have been following the situation since I left the club and hopefully they can finally get something sorted because Coventry deserves to have their team in Coventry, it’s as simple as that.

“It’s such a shame and fair play to all the fans and players for getting through such a tough period and doing so well.

”Like most on the outside, Keogh, who was virtually ever-present for City during his two-year spell in 2010-12, believes a solution is simple if his former employers, the City Council and ACL show a bit more maturity.

“It seems such an easy thing to do to get around a table and talk about getting back,” he said.

“We’re all adults at the end of the day and I am sure everyone wants to see the club back at the Ricoh because it’s such a fantastic stadium.

“You have such a fantastic facility and no team there. I have such great memories playing there and when I signed for the club it was one of the first things that really appealed to me, to play in a stadium like that.

“So I think everyone needs to maybe grow up a little bit, put their egos and pride to one side and get the best decision, which is taking Coventry back to the Ricoh.”

http://bit.ly/1jdtgjw

Gee what complete bull. He may have been a decent player, but he is clueless about this matter.The only side that needs to change stance is SISU. And what bull shit to talk about growing up and showing maturity!!Just about all other parties have tried to compromise other than them. It has nothing to do with growing up, it has everything to do with being upright and honest. Two things SISU know naff all about.

skybluebeduff

And he is right, we all deserve so much better than this, we literally deserve it.

​Back to reality though.. :(

RFC

Gee what complete bull. He may have been a decent player, but he is clueless about this matter.The only side that needs to change stance is SISU. And what bull shit to talk about growing up and showing maturity!!Just about all other parties have tried to compromise other than them. It has nothing to do with growing up, it has everything to do with being upright and honest. Two things SISU know naff all about.

How do you know? You're only seeing what's reported and like me have no idea what's said behind closed doors.

Think Keogh might just have some idea, having played for us and dealt with the owners!

Kingokings204

Couldn't agree more. He was a good player for us hence moving on to better things but he is clueless about this situation. Its not about growing up and maturity. Its about a greedy hedgefund trying to rip off a local council/company and I quote "distress acl and legally stop paying rent to claim a share of at least 50% due to bad mismanagement and increasing losses" That's the reason we are in Northampton, nothing with lack of maturity. Prat.

Grendel

Couldn't agree more. He was a good player for us hence moving on to better things but he is clueless about this situation. Its not about growing up and maturity. Its about a greedy hedgefund trying to rip off a local council/company and I quote "distress acl and legally stop paying rent to claim a share of at least 50% due to bad mismanagement and increasing losses" That's the reason we are in Northampton, nothing with lack of maturity. Prat.

Bit like mark Robbins then - jeez these former employees pretending they knowing than posters on an Internet forum. You couldn't make it up.

Sick Boy

Fair play to him, couldn't agree more. It's a shame he is being attacked by some on here though.

ecky

How do you know? You're only seeing what's reported and like me have no idea what's said behind closed doors.

Think Keogh might just have some idea, having played for us and dealt with the owners!

Didn't take you long to crawl out of your sisu box?

Kingokings204

Bit like mark Robbins then - jeez these former employees pretending they knowing than posters on an Internet forum. You couldn't make it up.

I don't understand, what are you talking about?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think successive judges - i possession of all facts - have pointed the finger in one direction. With respect to you, Keogh and anyone else for that matter, I'll defer to their judgement, if you don't mind.

As doubtless you would have done too, if they'd have been as damning of ACL/CCC as they were of SISU...

Mary_Mungo_Midge

In fairness, to some posters, I suggest they do know less of the total picture. You think Robins knew, considered and digested more than OSB58, for example?

Sick Boy

The half-wit society on here are happy for the council to not give an inch. They'd probably rather see the club killed off and Cov Utd given the Ricoh.

Still, who are we to question them. They have always been proven right everytime.

Nick

Administrator
The half-wit society on here are happy for the council to not give an inch. They'd probably rather see the club killed off and Cov Utd given the Ricoh.

Still, who are we to question them. They have always been proven right everytime.

Easy to judge, just look at their posts about thorn.

bigfatronssba

Happy for the council not to give an inch?

Remind me how many times a rent reduction has been offered please.

Also how many times have sisu made concessions in their demands?

Grendel

In fairness, to some posters, I suggest they do know less of the total picture. You think Robins knew, considered and digested more than OSB58, for example?

He would have an inside view on how the club was treated by the council and would have experience on how that compared to other clubs. That experience is more relevant than an accountants analysis and opinion in my view.

CovFan

Keogh is right, the only thing keeping us from playing at the Ricoh is egos on both sides playing petty immature games. I couldn't care less what has happened before, we need to be back at the Ricoh.

Gint11

Yes your right generally but there is an element of 'growing up' involved. The 2 parties refuse to speak to each other now.

bigfatronssba

He would have an inside view on how the club was treated by the council and would have experience on how that compared to other clubs. That experience is more relevant than an accountants analysis and opinion in my view.

If traitorous managers and your team captain were getting involved in rent negotiations then no wonder talks failed.

Kingokings204

Yes your right generally but there is an element of 'growing up' involved. The 2 parties refuse to speak to each other now.

Really? I don't know but I didn't think they wouldn't speak to each other. That's the only way to sort this mess out.

Kingokings204

ACL have offered numerous rent reductions so how is that not moving an inch? The judge has proved your beloved sisu wrong not me.

Grendel

ACL have offered numerous rent reductions so how is that not moving an inch? The judge has proved your beloved sisu wrong not me.

Which rent deal was that? The one that returned to £1.3 million I'm 3 years or the one that increased if crowds increased or the one that strangely had far higher match day costs than the previous one? In all the excitement I lose track.

Ian1779

I think successive judges - i possession of all facts - have pointed the finger in one direction. With respect to you, Keogh and anyone else for that matter, I'll defer to their judgement, if you don't mind.

As doubtless you would have done too, if they'd have been as damning of ACL/CCC as they were of SISU...

SISU's actions in regards to their rental dispute with ACL and ensuing legal battles have been rightly criticised, and have been very destructive. However to suggest that the council and ACL haven't in other ways contributed to our precarious position is quite frankly nonsense.

Grendel

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What? He'd have had an inside track with regards all the terrible behaviours that wasn't evidenced at Judicial Review? SISU were his employer. I wouldn't be surprised if he was spun a yarn with regards with the club could or couldn't do, with ACL/CCC being used as scapegoat. I'll take an educated lifelong City fas' perspective over Robins view any day of the week

Kingokings204

Which rent deal was that? The one that returned to £1.3 million I'm 3 years or the one that increased if crowds increased or the one that strangely had far higher match day costs than the previous one? In all the excitement I lose track.

2 facts Grendel.

Fact 1. the rent deal was 400k for 3 years and didn't return to 1.3m as you wrongly suggest.

Fact 2. ACL offered an even better 150k 10 year rent deal on the eve of liquation.

Believe it or not to keep Coventry City in Coventry

Mary_Mungo_Midge

SISU's actions in regards to their rental dispute with ACL and ensuing legal battles have been rightly criticised, and have been very destructive. However to suggest that the council and ACL haven't in other ways contributed to our precarious position is quite frankly nonsense.

They charged a rent against a contract we all acknowledge was too high. That's it

CovFan

I do agree but I think it's fair to point out that it the JR had ended differently we'd have had the people downplaying it absolutely crowing about it. (and vice versa)

J

Jack Griffin

Well said spongebob, got more cojones than the broken FL
JS41376207.jpg

Grendel

2 facts Grendel.

Fact 1. the rent deal was 400k for 3 years and didn't return to 1.3m as you wrongly suggest.

Fact 2. ACL offered an even better 150k 10 year rent deal on the eve of liquation.

Fact One - the rent deal did return to that after 3 years unless an agreed compromise was reached

Fact Two - this deal had no revenues and no budging on sponsorship and other revenues despite the clubs return immediately improving the management companies asset value. Offering that deal to a new tenant would result in being rejected.

Ian1779

2 facts Grendel.

At least one deal was offered to the administrator, in the full knowledge that the club couldn't accept it.

Secondly.. if everything was to 'keep Coventry City in Coventry' then why the CVA rejection? Had that not occurred I believe we would have been back some time ago.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

At least one deal was offered to the administrator, in the full knowledge that the club couldn't accept it.

Secondly.. if everything was to 'keep Coventry City in Coventry' then why the CVA rejection? Had that not occurred I believe we would have been back some time ago.

Stop this. It could have been agreed; but just outside thee auspices of the administration process.

And the CVA rejection has been discussed a million and one times. Surely not again, FFS

Users who are viewing this thread