What does this actually mean for CCFC though? (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

Although I don't agree with the deal and we have already seen some threads from drama queens about RIP CCFC, what does this actually mean for us as a club and do the ones who are saying RIP actually know all of the detail and that we are definitely dead?

Nick

Administrator
I guess we don't know. The deal was that fantastic for the club that it was done in secret...

Otis

A future at the Ricoh .....

If we want it.

Sisu don't want to be tenants though, so either Sisu go or we have the farcical new tinpot stadium.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently Primacy over fixtures and terms in there to make sure it benefits the football club.

Surely if they were that good, they would be shouting about them? I know I would be.

ccfc92

We get primacy on matches.

3 guarantees demanding by AL. CCFC get primacy, CRFC get links built with Wasps, and didn't hear the 3rd

ccfc92

Apparently Primacy over fixtures and terms in there to make sure it benefits the football club.

Surely if they were that good, they would be shouting about them? I know I would be.

Wait for more Nick, only headlines atm lol :)

bigfatronssba

Sort term absolutely nothing changes. Long term it means the club will never own its own stadium.

We might be secure at the Ricoh for the next two years, but what will happen when the club has to renegotiate a new rental deal with Wasps once this one runs out?

stupot07

We will very likely never own a stake in the Ricoh let alone own it (leasehold), and will likely not get access to revenue a we need to ever compete to get back to the PL.

It also makes a new ground more likely.

Less likely we will get decent owners

For me as crap as it's been I always had hope we would eventually own the ground bs become a force again. Today I've lost that hope, as sort primacy is a very small consolation prize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

ccfc92

Sort term absolutely nothing changes. Long term it means the club will never own its own stadium.

We might be secure at the Ricoh for the next two years, but what will happen when the club has to renegotiate a new rental deal with Wasps once this one runs out?

Or we buy out Wasps. Or we get sold to Wasps. Or....

It's all up the air at the minute, with any angle/opinion possible :(

The Gentleman

We will very likely never own a stake in the Ricoh let alone own it (leasehold), and will likely not get access to revenue a we need to ever compete to get back to the PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

So not RIP CCFC like you declared on another thread then?

Would it be a possibility that the people buying into the Ricoh could eventually buy us?

stupot07

We get primacy on matches.

3 guarantees demanding by AL. CCFC get primacy, CRFC get links built with Wasps, and didn't hear the 3rd

Was the third that they build the hotel as keep hearing about?

bigfatronssba

Less likely we will get decent owners

For me as crap as it's been I always had hope we would eventually own the ground bs become a force again. Today I've lost that hope, as sort primacy is a very small consolation prize

In the same way that growing a beard will make me turning into Santa Claus more likely.

stupot07

So not RIP CCFC like you declared on another thread then?

Would it be a possibility that the people buying into the Ricoh could eventually buy us?

No I don't think so, realistically who would want to own 2 loss making clubs? Which club becomes priority? They're struggling to raise the cash for this deal, how will they afford to buy and run both clubs, whilst 'investing' in the team?

It feels like rip to me at this minute, if you're not fussed then fair enough.

Last edited:

stupot07

In the same way that growing a beard will make me turning into Santa Claus more likely.

It's given them an excuse now, and far more fans will back it that would have previously done prior to this.

The Gentleman

No I don't think so, realistically who would want to own 2 loss making clubs?

It feels like rip to me at this minute, if you're not fussed then fair enough.

So the people from Wasps doing this deal would only have two clubs and no other businesses or ways of making money?

If Sisu have another venture that was losing money then would that be the same thing? having two parts of your larger business losing money.

People have said that the Ricoh could be turned into a money making Arena, could that not be done with Wasps owning us and the rugby club and investing in the team and creating a successful club with promotion. You see, with Sisu still at the helm and renting the Ricoh for 4 years, ploughing £35 million+ into a far inferior stadium and constantly selling our best assets before we have have a chance to benefit from them and thus putting our debt up near £100 million, would that not bring you to say RIP CCFC?

As I said, I don't agree with this latest chapter in our recent disastrous history and I am always fussed in all things CCFC, I just don't throw myself on my bed hitting the pillow screaming RIP CCFC. I wait for the finer detail and see what comes of it, just like I did when Sisu said they were bringing us home and I am still waiting for them to pony up with their plans for us. Not just words but actual plans, you know, the sort we might actually see as a result of the Wasps deal.

chiefdave

Its not an easy question to answer. If you take SISU at their word then absolutely nothing changes. We still have the 2 + 2 deal in place, ACL continues to exist so that agreement is still valid and will run it's course at which point we will have our new stadium to play in. If anything it is good news for that plan as it gives CCC little reason to object to any application to build a stadium within the city.

Now if we assume there is no new stadium that's where it gets trickier. Basically we don't know and can only hope that the deal makes allowances for the club to prosper. Looking for things to be positive about it doesn't make sense to me, looking at the size of Wasps fanbase, for this consortium to buy ACL just for Wasps to play 11 games a year at the Ricoh. Surely they will want us to stay, will we get a better deal than we did dealing with CCC and Higgs, will we get a deal that gives us a sustainable future - something along the lines of low rent and access to matchday revenues?

Can we look at the fact that before the briefing last night it was being talked about numerous councillors resigning yet after they had full details it became a unanimous vote. Is it wishful thinking that they have seen this deal will benefit the club? Impossible to say until full details are released / leaked.

I can't help but think we're missing something, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. It doesn't make sense to me for Wasps to move given the state they are in and as bad as anyone in politics can be it would seem to be political suicide for everyone on the council to vote in favour of something that effectively kills the club, and possibly the rugby club along with it.

Nick

Administrator
Its not an easy question to answer. If you take SISU at their word then absolutely nothing changes. We still have the 2 + 2 deal in place, ACL continues to exist so that agreement is still valid and will run it's course at which point we will have our new stadium to play in. If anything it is good news for that plan as it gives CCC little reason to object to any application to build a stadium within the city.

Now if we assume there is no new stadium that's where it gets trickier. Basically we don't know and can only hope that the deal makes allowances for the club to prosper. Looking for things to be positive about it doesn't make sense to me, looking at the size of Wasps fanbase, for this consortium to buy ACL just for Wasps to play 11 games a year at the Ricoh. Surely they will want us to stay, will we get a better deal than we did dealing with CCC and Higgs, will we get a deal that gives us a sustainable future - something along the lines of low rent and access to matchday revenues?

Can we look at the fact that before the briefing last night it was being talked about numerous councillors resigning yet after they had full details it became a unanimous vote. Is it wishful thinking that they have seen this deal will benefit the club? Impossible to say until full details are released / leaked.

I can't help but think we're missing something, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. It doesn't make sense to me for Wasps to move given the state they are in and as bad as anyone in politics can be it would seem to be political suicide for everyone on the council to vote in favour of something that effectively kills the club, and possibly the rugby club along with it.

Or it was bollocks about the councillors threatening to leave, or they got a bit of a talking to about playing up.

logjoe

The pitch is going to be the biggest problem here how can we play with the surface turn up. Now we can talk about other teams that share but are they in enclosed stadiums?

italiahorse

I guess they will offer a deal that keeps them there.
In theory with 2 big clubs costs will come down and this should reflect in a better deal.

bigfatronssba

I guess they will offer a deal that keeps them there.
In theory with 2 big clubs costs will come down and this should reflect in a better deal.

Maybe, but if sisu try any of their old tricks, I could see us being locked out if we miss just one rental payment.

Moff

Although I don't agree with the deal and we have already seen some threads from drama queens about RIP CCFC, what does this actually mean for us as a club and do the ones who are saying RIP actually know all of the detail and that we are definitely dead?

I think people see the possible demise of the club, as we have the shittest owners that a club can have, who banked everything on getting ownership of a stadium and ultimately failed. They have absolutely no plans, or cash, or the will to build a new stadium, and we are pretty much financially crippled without the revenue streams we need from our own stadium. We are a basket case of a club, with no home, and loads of saddled debt, leaving us hardly an attractive proposition for a bid from potential new owners, be it wasps or Byng or Haskell or anyone else.

I appreciate the above doesn't mean a terminal end for the club, but after I have looked through the gloom of the above points (I am sure there are more) I am struggling to feel optimistic for the present or future.

stupot07

So the people from Wasps doing this deal would only have two clubs and no other businesses or ways of making money?

If Sisu have another venture that was losing money then would that be the same thing? having two parts of your larger business losing money.

People have said that the Ricoh could be turned into a money making Arena, could that not be done with Wasps owning us and the rugby club and investing in the team and creating a successful club with promotion. You see, with Sisu still at the helm and renting the Ricoh for 4 years, ploughing £35 million+ into a far inferior stadium and constantly selling our best assets before we have have a chance to benefit from them and thus putting our debt up near £100 million, would that not bring you to say RIP CCFC?

As I said, I don't agree with this latest chapter in our recent disastrous history and I am always fussed in all things CCFC, I just don't throw myself on my bed hitting the pillow screaming RIP CCFC. I wait for the finer detail and see what comes of it, just like I did when Sisu said they were bringing us home and I am still waiting for them to pony up with their plans for us. Not just words but actual plans, you know, the sort we might actually see as a result of the Wasps deal.

541137ca8f517324e90f1e3c35f5739a.jpg

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd bet on a move being made for the football club by the new owners.

It might be wishful thinking, but it would make sense. Why else would people be claiming that ultimately this will be good for CCFC?

spwaverley4916

Surely SISU should now put their bid in for whatever is left - now that the council have sold their share hasn't their VETO disappeared that they could use to stop the sale to whom ever they didnt want?

chiefdave

Or it was bollocks about the councillors threatening to leave, or they got a bit of a talking to about playing up.

Surely you're not saying Les Reed was wrong are you Nick ;)

We need something to hope for and that's about the only thing I can find so I'm going to stick with that!

Como

Council wanted a future for the Ricoh and now there is one, they have a major operator take over.

my assumption is that CCFC would be the better option but it was not an option that is currently available of likely to be so in the foreseeable future.

I agree with the above, if we take SISU on face value then it should be a positive for CCFC, I also do not believe that there will be a new ground, may be wrong.

More interesting is what do SISU do now? IS there a logical future with their ownership? Is there a back door deal with WASP's?

ccfc92

Surely SISU should now put their bid in for whatever is left - now that the council have sold their share hasn't their VETO disappeared that they could use to stop the sale to whom ever they didnt want?

So are Higgs out of the equation now? Wasps own 100% share?

CCFC PimpRail

That is about the most sensible thing I've read on here, unless you believe that sisu were genuinely going to be gifted the stadium in return for some magic beans.

Perhaps now TF can come out with more bollox and say that CCFC are now looking at sites within the city, since planning permission for half a Ricoh must be granted in the City's interest. Which basically says TF has done naff all to date except come up with some pretty pictures, which is all they'll be doing for the next year anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread