What have ITV got against Coventry City? (1 Viewer)

Well done Wigan today. Well deserved win! But ITV should be sued for never once mentioning COVENTRY CITY in their constant references to cup final upsets. Bloody 'Crazy Gang' of 88 were mentioned about a hundred times! One mention of Keith Houchen in the last few minutes of their coverage - not good enough!

pusbccfc

ESPN mentioned us.

muners

Ah bless. so bloody what. do you say the same thing every year a team escapes relegation on the final day too??....

Nick

Administrator
Well done Wigan today. Well deserved win! But ITV should be sued for never once mentioning COVENTRY CITY in their constant references to cup final upsets. Bloody 'Crazy Gang' of 88 were mentioned about a hundred times! One mention of Keith Houchen in the last few minutes of their coverage - not good enough!

So they did mention us?

Moff

They didnt mention us, as although it was the best final ever, it wasnt really a giant killing. We had had a great season and had beaten Spurs 4-3 at home, so it was hardly a huge shock.

Grendel

They didnt mention us, as although it was the best final ever, it wasnt really a giant killing. We had had a great season and had beaten Spurs 4-3 at home, so it was hardly a huge shock.

Beat me to it moff. Five line were looking at previous upsets and mentioned us. Why? On form that season I think we were marginally better man for man anyway. The following season we were a top 4 team for most of the season. We were a good side with good players.

Nick

Administrator
People need to stop thinking we are some massive club who should demand media attention!

Why would they mention us? We weren't playing

ThisManHere

Agree, why would we be mentioned?!

I'd like to add though, about 10 seconds before they lifted the cup he mentioned Keith Houchen. Listen to the whole show if you have an agenda?

rupert_bear

606 mentioned us too! Spoke about us still talking about our (only) success, even with our more recent problems.
Unfortunately Wimbledon's success in 1988 overshadowed our success the year before. It was a better feat than our victory over Spurs, those who don't remember or weren't around at that time Liverpool were a great team almost unbeatable here or Europe, the Barcelona of that time.

deanocity3

How long is it since Wigan were non-league ? Not that long ago and they have been in the Premiership about 8 years

I remember in 1971 when Wigan were in the southern league north they played man City at Maine Road in the FA Cup and lost 1-0 and played really well.
Both the teams managers left the following season to join forces at Coventry City.Gordon Milne left Wigan and Joe Mercer left Man city.

Samo

Beat me to it moff. Five line were looking at previous upsets and mentioned us. Why? On form that season I think we were marginally better man for man anyway. The following season we were a top 4 team for most of the season. We were a good side with good players.

Oh my god, I completely agree with Grendel! :eek:

hutch1972

Sorry Grendel but you cannot say man for man we were a better team than spurs. They finished 3rd that season and had won 7 finals so they were rightly strong favourites, but i agree that it wasn't a shock more of a surprise.

SkyblueBazza

we were unbeatable in europe too,as we never got the F**king chance too prove it due to the ban on english club...thanks Liverpool

THAT is one of the main reasons why I revel in Liverpool's demise & hope they never reach dizzy heights again! It's never their fault though. Even the poor innocents that died at Hillsborough...I wonder if any of those that went to the pub & arrived late, then chose to push & shove their way in with total disregard (no intent...just disregard) for anyone else, has actually stopped to think about their actions? And I know that some copper(s) made bad decisions on the day at that time (& others some VERY bad ones afterwards)...but surely if you leave the windows open - you have to look at yourself if all your stuff gets pinched?

You have to look at the individuals in that Spurs team who were amazing so yes it was a huge upset. However, Wimbledon beating Liverpool was a bigger upset without doubt.

ccfc92

THAT is one of the main reasons why I revel in Liverpool's demise & hope they never reach dizzy heights again! It's never their fault though. Even the poor innocents that died at Hillsborough...I wonder if any of those that went to the pub & arrived late, then chose to push & shove their way in with total disregard (no intent...just disregard) for anyone else, has actually stopped to think about their actions? And I know that some copper(s) made bad decisions on the day at that time (& others some VERY bad ones afterwards)...but surely if you leave the windows open - you have to look at yourself if all your stuff gets pinched?

and the counterfeit tickets :whistle:

wingy

I remember in 1971 when Wigan were in the southern league north they played man City at Maine Road in the FA Cup and lost 1-0 and played really well.
Both the teams managers left the following season to join forces at Coventry City.Gordon Milne left Wigan and Joe Mercer left Man city.

I will never understand why after that briiliant LC semi-final ending in last minute defeat to West Ham ,he got shifted upstairs .Never realised he had been considered for the England job when Revie got it ,then on leaving us got the Fox's Promotion.

It would be really nice if the club invited him for a game if he's physically up for it,Top Bloke.

hutch1972

Some of those probably walk around wearing "justice for the 96 t-shirts"

SkyblueBazza

I will never understand why after that briiliant LC semi-final ending in last minute defeat to West Ham ,he got shifted upstairs .Never realised he had been considered for the England job when Revie got it ,then on leaving us got the Fox's Promotion.

It would be really nice if the club invited him for a game if he's physically up for it,Top Bloke.

Yes...that LC semi! Remember it well :-|

wingy

ITs strange how some obviously highly intelligent folk lose all sense of respect and reason when reflecting on matters of football rivalry ,we sound as bad as the Mackems here ,people died ,it could easily have been ours two years prior ,if you were there you know this.

SkyblueBazza

Some of those probably walk around wearing "justice for the 96 t-shirts"

Yes...almost makes me want to wear one too..! Although I guess it must be a thought somewhere in their minds - which is why they want to divert attention. It now seems that the powers that were played right into their hands.

SkyblueBazza

ITs strange how some obviously highly intelligent folk lose all sense of respect and reason when reflecting on matters of football rivalry ,we sound as bad as the Mackems here ,people died ,it could easily have been ours two years prior ,if you were there you know this.

Yes I was there...& you are right it COULD have...but it wasn't - there was trouble abroad with many of our clubs too...but always seems to be Liverpool fans where it goes really OTT, but it's never been their fault!

Users who are viewing this thread