What Type Of Fan Are You ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

We've seen some crazy incidents at matches recently. Obviously seeing players assaulted is way out of order. But it got me thinking about how me and my mates act during games.I reckon we are all fairly normal in as much we celebrate goals, and take defeats etc on the chin.But I used to be aggressive when younger and got caught up in trouble frequently.
I reckon there are "types" of football fans.
They range from those who take it all very seriously, to those who are easy going. I've seen mild mannered types turn psycho, and some tough characters weep at a defeat. So what type of fan are you ?

covcity4life

i am engrossed as i love cov and i love football. i am looking for first touches, movement off ball, bravery etc tactics heart the lot. i will sigh and ooh and applaud every few seconds so maybe bit annoying to person next to me. do not get caught up with arguing with away fans or picking out ref and opposition players for a bollocking as it makes no sense and those that do it are bias and usually in the wrong.

i do not get to games late or leave early. a win makes me high as a kite, a loss makes me depressed. either way straight on to sbt and listen to the phone ins

Gazolba

I'm a long distance fan so can't go to games any more.
When I used to go, many moons ago, I would just watch games quite calmly.
Only times I got real excited were during cup games where these was a lot at stake on the one game.
Never once got into trouble or stepped on the pitch.
I stopped going to games once it became too dangerous to wear your team's colours.

CanadianCCFC

I wake up Saturday mornings around 9 for 10 am kickoffs. Watch some PL, check team news, engage in SBT discussions. Around 9:40, I get the iFollow CWR going. At half time I make myself some scrambled eggs while digesting what I’ve just witnessed, before settling in for the second half.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm largely quite calm and appreciative of good play from both teams (though I only applaud ours).

I can get quite animated when we score, but only tend to get annoyed at conceding if it's from our error. Thing that can really rile me is poor referring against us and fouls for some reason.

If I'm watching as a neutral I tend to watch it more from a tactical point - I like getting the tactical cam on so I can see the whole game.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Like BBR, I too was a bit "aggressive" at times - picking fights with opposing fans, throwing bottles onto the pitch and attacking the ref as he came off the pitch. No wonder I got the sack as a steward! :emoji_smile:
But seriously, I don't get to games any more due to distance, costs and my health limitations, but I have mellowed in my later years, but still get aggressive inside my mind when I see poor results or follow the game via SBT or BBC website. My heart sinks when we lose and I am euphoric when we win. My missus never bothers to ask me how they got on. She can tell from my moods!

Users who are viewing this thread