What was the WASPS crowd today (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

someone on facebook posted a few pictures, looks on the small side 10,000

shy_tall_knight

I do, I live in Coventry do you, I am surrounded by Jonny come lately rugby fans who are taking the pi$$ out of my club, so important to me

torchomatic

Have all the freebies run out now? Did they say the first four games or something. This could, of course, be the fourth game. I've no idea how many they've played.

hill83

I had an argument in the pub the other day with some bloke I'd never met before. He asked me about Rugby and I said I can't get into it, to me it's just a load of blokes lying about on the floor and I find it boring.
His instant response was to go off on one about football and say "at least rugby players don't mince about diving" etc. I didn't even mention football to him once.
Why do rugby fans do this?

stupot07

I had an argument in the pub the other day with some bloke I'd never met before. He asked me about Rugby and I said I can't get into it, to me it's just a load of blokes lying about on the floor and I find it boring.
His instant response was to go off on one about football and say "at least rugby players don't mince about diving" etc. I didn't even mention football to him once.
Why do rugby fans do this?

Has he forgotten about 'bloodgate'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

The bandwagon has a puncture ha ha
e4ea916e710fa57158ca050ee6ff18b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

hill83

Has he forgotten about 'bloodgate'?

Well yeah, but why do they feel the need to mention football, I wasn't wearing anything football related, I didn't mention football once, but as soon as I mentioned I don't like rugby they instantly assume you like football and go off on one. I just find it odd.

stupot07

The other side is pretty empty too.
7c95a604eb9c01a8979c74c9cee4d8fc.jpg

stupot07

LMFOA

@samdimmer: Surprised how big the @WaspsRugby crowd is today for the LV Cup - 15k is huge for what is basically a development competition

15k lol. Nowhere near ha ha

Brighton Sky Blue

LMFOA

@samdimmer: Surprised how big the @WaspsRugby crowd is today for the LV Cup - 15k is huge for what is basically a development competition

15k lol. Nowhere near ha ha

Presumably including all the giveaways and STs? Not to worry, I'm certain that the CT can boast about it being more than yesterday's crowd.

Evo1883

Lol, the free ticket dish out has dried up so the attendance is down 16000 , the typical cov and warwickshire way lol

stupot07

Your grounds too big for you, your grounds too big for you

Ssssshhhhhhhhhh

Evo1883

Honestly , they have averaged what 5-6k before the move , anybody expecting over 10k regularly was deluded , would never happen

torchomatic

Few comments on twitter, even one from a City fan, gloating it's more than CCFC got yesterday. Sad.

torchomatic

A few on here do it for free.

He works for CT, probably being paid overtime to big up wasps.

skybluejelly

There's still plenty of free tickets around .. Just nobody wants them .. I don't think anyone took the ones at work this week and there were 8 of them going free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

LOL! Sorry, I thought I was being too harsh! <can't find an embarrassed smiley!>

lol, too slow on your edit - but I've done the same in the past so I'll let it slide ;-)

stupot07

Few comments on twitter, even one from a City fan, gloating it's more than CCFC got yesterday. Sad.

That is sad. I can sort of understand people going, but what I don't understand is the passion and love (for want of a better word) they have already got for them after 1 month. Bizarre.

torchomatic

Yep, I've just followed you, BTW.

That is sad. I can sort of understand people going, but what I don't understand is the passion and love (for want of a better word) they have already got for them after 1 month. Bizarre.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was 9.6k, I think its basically a nothing competition where the top teams play reserves. Todays game was still one of the freebies game, where they gave approx. 3k tickets to schools and local rugby clubs.

Noggin

LOL! Sorry, I thought I was being too harsh! <can't find an embarrassed smiley!>

it's cool, like I say I've done the same in the past, called someone out, realised I was being unfair/an ass/or going to cause an unnecessary argument and quickly edited, you just got unlucky. For the record though I don't like Wasps, Wish they weren't here, have no intention of ever going, but I have and perhaps will again defend them against criticism I think is unfair and whatever the moral implications for moving a sports team their actions since being here have been the sort of thing I'd wish we'd be doing, I don't care weather they succeed or fail though, I understand the hope that if they fail we can get the Ricoh that seems so far in the future as to not be worth thinking about.

torchomatic

Agree, nicely put. No arguing necessary.

it's cool, like I say I've done the same in the past, called someone out, realised I was being unfair/an ass/or going to cause an unnecessary argument and quickly edited, you just got unlucky. For the record though I don't like Wasps, Wish they weren't here, have no intention of ever going, but I have and perhaps will again defend them against criticism I think is unfair and whatever the moral implications for moving a sports team their actions since being here have been the sort of thing I'd wish we'd be doing.

Evo1883

Its a cup game though by all accounts , so probably be higher next league game in all fairness

Users who are viewing this thread