When did Wasps first approach CCC? (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Are they seriously still kidding us along that Wasps were not already on the scene during the 2012 negotiations for the Ricoh?

Captain Dart

Are they seriously still kidding us along that Wasps were not already on the scene during the 2012 negotiations for the Ricoh?

I think the whole thing is driven by Richardson who took over Wasps in April 2013, so I'd imagine he had his strategies in place at that point, whether Coventry was the first choice among a number of alternatives or not is debatable as he is still talking about West London at this point.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/22090960

mark82

These things don't happen over night. I'd imagine first contact was some time before. It does make you wonder whether this was indeed the start of the issues between CCFC and ACL/CCC

James Smith

These things don't happen over night. I'd imagine first contact was some time before. It does make you wonder whether this was indeed the start of the issues between CCFC and ACL/CCC

We may have been on their shortlist for a long time but they couldn't do anything whilst we were there. I would expect that when we buggered off to Northampton Wasps now saw an empty stadium and rubbed their hands. I expect they saw it as a perfect opportunity, and we moved to the top of the list.

Be very interested to find out the answer, maybe an FOI request to the council?

oldfiver

We may have been on their shortlist for a long time but they couldn't do anything whilst we were there. I would expect that when we buggered off to Northampton Wasps now saw an empty stadium and rubbed their hands. I expect they saw it as a perfect opportunity, and we moved to the top of the list.

Be very interested to find out the answer, maybe an FOI request to the council?

Odd then they signed the agreement AFTER CCFC returned to Ricoh?
Also after CCC told CCFC , WASPs would NOT be taking over

James Smith

Not really if you believe that Wasps had everyone sign non disclosure agreements. They could have had a load of reasons for the timing such as availability of funds etc. It isn't proven that it was timed and calculated by the council to cause maximum embarrassment to Sisu.

Grendel

Given that one of the conditions laid out by the council was that CCFC had a future in coventry (term unspecified) probably not that strange.

mark82

It's not like the council didn't have form. They tried to force new owners in at CCFC, not a massive stretch when that failed that they looked for another way to end the relationship.

colin101

It's not like the council didn't have form. They tried to force new owners in at CCFC, not a massive stretch when that failed that they looked for another way to end the relationship.
Funny but not only the Council, I seem to remember over 5,000 Coventry City Football Club supporters called for the removal of our owners before, during and after the CCFC Legends match on 11th August 2013.

Nick

Administrator
Funny but not only the Council, I seem to remember over 5,000 Coventry City Football Club supporters called for the removal of our owners before, during and after the CCFC Legends match on 11th August 2013.
Did they? That day was a real eye opener

colin101

_69230262_coventry.jpg

stupot07

Oh another poster than only posts on sisu related threads....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

colin101

Oh another poster than only posts on sisu related threads....

What the hell are you talking about, if I don't go along with your ideas I must be a stooge for someone?
The one thing I am is a CCFC supporter long before you were born probably, but hey because I don't think like you I don't have the right to contribute.
Stick to the subject and stop trying to intimidate others who disagree with SISU lovers like you

stupot07

What the hell are you talking about, if I don't go along with your ideas I must be a stooge for someone?
The one thing I am is a CCFC supporter long before you were born probably, but hey because I don't think like you I don't have the right to contribute.
Stick to the subject and stop trying to intimidate others who disagree with SISU lovers like you

Oh the irony. 'Stooge' interesting use of words, only ever seen that used on CT forum.

And no one here is a sisu lover.

We've had a lot of posters suddenly appear, I find it interesting that looking at your post history there doesn't seem to be a single post in a football related thread.....just saying like

colin101

You really must suckle from the chest of Sepella with some of your comments but hey what about that match against Wolves on 29th April 1967, great game and atmosphere, were you there Stu? cos I was

Nick

Administrator
You really must suckle from the chest of Sepella with some of your comments but hey what about that match against Wolves on 29th April 1967, great game and atmosphere, were you there Stu? cos I was
Which comments do you mean?

stupot07

Ha ha brilliant, thats a new one. Questioning wasps, CCC, higgs and CSF = sisu lover

colin101

Which comments do you mean?
Nick, you seem like a nice guy, but hey if I have to tell you, I would have to question your eyesight, but hey great match at home against Bayern in November 1970, I was there, were you there Nick or Stu?. The score was 2-1 to City on the night in case you are interested in football related subjects

colin101

Ha ha brilliant, thats a new one. Questioning wasps, CCC, higgs and CSF = sisu lover

Hey Stu, great match against Everton at home in October 1970, do you remember the donkey kick, great game, were you there Stu? cos I was (or should I just call you SISU lover)

stupot07

Hey Stu, great match against Everton at home in October 1970, do you remember the donkey kick, great game, were you there Stu? cos I was (or should I just call you SISU lover)
Haha sisu lover. You're really showing yourself up to be a plant now.

No I wasnt there, give then I wasnt born until 1980.

Well done for being
A) older than me
B) attending some of the biggest games in ccfc history. Funnily enough my uncle is a lifelong villa fan and ST holder...he also went to the 1987 fa cup final with my family.

What did you think of 3-0 fa cup win against arlesley?, or the epic penalty shootout against Burton in the JPT when were were less than 6k there?

Why dont you contribute to one of tbr football related threads, the wales game is on at the minute, we're discussing it in the big euro thread.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, you seem like a nice guy, but hey if I have to tell you, I would have to question your eyesight, but hey great match at home against Bayern in November 1970, I was there, were you there Nick or Stu?. The score was 2-1 to City on the night in case you are interested in football related subjects

Can't you explain then? My eye sight is fine.

It just looks like you are googling matches from the past?

I look forward to your input next season in the match threads :)

colin101

But like you I was at both matches thought we were poor against Arlesley and never enjoy penalty shoot outs but will make exception when we win, but hey never mind you can sit on your uncles knee and talk about Villa. Funny but I went to Villa in late 70's when the score was 1-1 and Wallace scored for City, think it was the Boxing Day match and was also there when Moldovan scored the only goal in FA Cup, both great days

colin101

Can't you explain then? My eye sight is fine.

It just looks like you are googling matches from the past?

I look forward to your input next season in the match threads :)
No just got good memory. Especially if we win

Grendel

But like you I was at both matches thought we were poor against Arlesley and never enjoy penalty shoot outs but will make exception when we win, but hey never mind you can sit on your uncles knee and talk about Villa. Funny but I went to Villa in late 70's when the score was 1-1 and Wallace scored for City, think it was the Boxing Day match and was also there when Moldovan scored the only goal in FA Cup, both great days

Were you at the 1937 38 game when we lost 1-0 - 12th march I believe.

Unlucky that day I thought - did you?

Users who are viewing this thread