Who is going to give us a break or least some answers (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

1. Court case could go on for years
2. Wasps are saying basically we cannot play at the Ricoh after May and will not back down
3. Football league say we cannot play outside the city although it has been mentioned within a 7-mile radius (Nuneaton possibly)
May will be upon us before we know it
How is this uncertainty affecting the players and management

Greggs

Shouldn't really start giving the manager and players excuses.
That's not really fair mate. If you signed a contract to work in a nice shiny office but a year down the line you had to work in a portacabin, surely this would affect your moral?

Nick

Administrator
That's not really fair mate. If you signed a contract to work in a nice shiny office but a year down the line you had to work in a portacabin, surely this would affect your moral?
Would they not have been aware of the situation?

It's nonsense to give them a free pass because of it. When they stop getting paid etc then you can understand it.

Greggs

It's nonsense to give them a free pass because of it. When they stop getting paid etc then you can understand it.
No free pass buddy! But it's proven. No business/team can be expected to perform perfectly if there is things going on behind the scenes. It's human nature. Not saying all of them, but it only takes one or two to ruin it for everyone!

oucho

No free pass buddy! But it's proven. No business/team can be expected to perform perfectly if there is things going on behind the scenes. It's human nature. Not saying all of them, but it only takes one or two to ruin it for everyone!

Footballers by their very nature just concentrate on the game and block everything else out. For instance, I was at that Wycombe v Leeds game a few years ago when a lame partridge was running around the pitch and the players ignored it for a full 10 mins as wouldn't take their eyes off the play. Do you think MR does his team talk to be interrupted by Doyler piping up with "what does Sisu's application to the supreme court mean for the setup of our back line, gaffer?". They couldn't care less.

robbiekeane

Hahahaha I can’t even believe this is the best excuse that can be pulled out of thin air

Greggs

Footballers by their very nature just concentrate on the game and block everything else out. For instance, I was at that Wycombe v Leeds game a few years ago when a lame partridge was running around the pitch and the players ignored it for a full 10 mins as wouldn't take their eyes off the play. Do you think MR does his team talk to be interrupted by Doyler piping up with "what does Sisu's application to the supreme court mean for the setup of our back line, gaffer?". They couldn't care less.
So you don't think the players would converse, in their own time, something along the lines of 'you fancy playing at a non league ground every other week'? They are human beings, extremely egotistical ones at that, you talk about them as if they are robots.

Nick

Administrator
So you don't think the players would converse, in their own time, something along the lines of 'you fancy playing at a non league ground every other week'? They are human beings, extremely egotistical ones at that, you talk about them as if they are robots.
Yeah, most of them would have talked before they even signed for us. They are all still getting paid.

Is that why we lost at Fleetwood because it wasn't a good stadium?

Like I said, let's not start giving them excuses. The stadium stuff is nothing new.

Covkid1968#

You c**t. Fuck you. I aint on anyones side. It's my opinion that not having a ground to play at next year might be unsettling for the players! Thats all i've said. Why you getting cocky with me you prick??????

Is bizarre how that aspect of your post has been picked up on....not worth throwing your steak bakes out the pram over it chap

Greggs

Is bizarre how that aspect of your post has been picked up on....not worth throwing your steak bakes out the pram over it chap
I'm just sick of the same rhetoric on here. I try to remain passive, but some clowns push me too far.....

clint van damme

I have been in this type of situation and am currently in something similar.
It definitely affect the productivity and performance of some people.

Garryb80

You c**t. Fuck you. I aint on anyones side. It's my opinion that not having a ground to play at next year might be unsettling for the players! Thats all i've said. Why you getting cocky with me you prick??????
Different opinion so you swear 3 times in one post. Very mature response.

Grendel

Blackpool players have hardly seemed to be impacted by the turmoil at their club

oucho

I doubt this would affect their performance on a game day, to be fair.

Ashdown

If gates were reduced to 2/3000 at Nuneaton, some of them won't be getting paid and I'd guess MR will scoot too

cc84cov

Should I be taking this threat of not being at the ricoh seriously?
Surely wasps need the revenue us being there generates?
I don’t think the monet we give them is big tbh we get the ticket money too I don’t think I they do need us tbh why sisu think their in the driving seat is beyond me.

ccfctommy

It may affect the players. All the uncertainty with the ground. If we leave the Ricoh, our place in the FL may be at stake.

Not sure how it is comparable to Blackpool.

shmmeee

We’ve had players come here and say playing at the Ricoh mattered, Doyle sent pics of it to McNulty when trying to convince him. It stands to reason that runs both ways and a club playing at a less attractive stadium is less attractive.

That’s not a value statement on anything going on at the club, that’s just a statement of the obvious surely?

Covkid1968#

We’ve had players come here and say playing at the Ricoh mattered, Doyle sent pics of it to McNulty when trying to convince him. It stands to reason that runs both ways and a club playing at a less attractive stadium is less attractive.

That’s not a value statement on anything going on at the club, that’s just a statement of the obvious surely?

Warning - message likely to contain common sense

Terry_dactyl

I don’t think the monet we give them is big tbh we get the ticket money too I don’t think I they do need us tbh why sisu think their in the driving seat is beyond me.
We’re giving them our paintings now too!?! Unbelievable.

Its difficult to guess what SISU are ever going to do/what they think they’ll achieve. I was initially going to say I can’t see SISU moving us again but checked myself.

christonabike

We had a period of time when players wages were not going in on time not sure if it was pre Sisu or after but players need to carry on its not as if they are on £175 per week working in Grendels factory for 55 hours a week.

NortonSkyBlue

You would hope that the players had some backbone. This situation is not new and if they are having issues with it then the word "snowflake" comes to mind.

Warwickhunt

If gates were reduced to 2/3000 at Nuneaton, some of them won't be getting paid and I'd guess MR will scoot too
However Solihull Moors ground has capavity
However Solihull Moors ground is 16 miles away and has a capacity 4,300 with the ability to open up to 5,200 with no infrastructure change

Users who are viewing this thread