who should leave in january (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

Lateef appears to have been a waste of time ,so cant see him staying on
Also looks like RCC is now number 1, so expect Burge to move on (for his benefit)

Of the others connor thomas has also come to a bit of a dead end, as discussed before

Cant see any beyond that who we wouldnt need potentially

matesx

If we hoof Burge then we have no cover.

Thomas needs to move on agreed.

ConnorDevine

Burge is still very young so I see no reason for him to leave now, I'd expect him to fight for his space

didn't see Lateef as a good signing from the start, imagine he'll try and ride out his contract for the money

Connor Thomas is a good shout to leave but since he had a slow pre season I couldn't see him finding another league 1 team so maybe a loan deal?

chiefdave

Burge will only go if we get someone else in as cover. Can't imagine Burge costs us much so he may end up staying.

How long has Thomas got left on his contract? It would be a great bit of business if we could get someone to pay a few quid for him but it will most likley be a mutal consent thing to free up budget.

bawtryneal

Need cover for Fleck and Vincelot If not Thomas, then whom ??

Thomas does not cover Maddison. Completely different type of player

Rich

You always need a backup keeper and a guy who's only just come from the academy is going to be the cheapest option available.

GaryJones

Tim Fisher????

Woodster

You would assume Lateef's deal won't be extended so will go - it'll also be interesting to see who we can tie down (of any) of those with contracts being up in the summer, could be interest from elsewhere in the likes of Fleck?

Would keep G.Thomas out on loan for the rest of the season but don't think we can afford to lose many bodies really.

covcity4life

Doesn't Lateef's contract only run to January anyway?

yup and i think its bit harsh people making out like hes crap, he never played in league for us has he? we are stacked upfront so cant be easy, think mowbray got him jsut after maddison wa sinjured so maybe in hindsight it was a rushed signing, either way if he does go in jan i wish him well

as for c thomas and burge, i cannot see them going in january, maybe the summer

really there isnt anyone we need to shift out asap

shmmeee

I expect lateef to go at the end of his deal. Other than that we need to be bringing players in not shipping them out. Will need a CB at least. Hopefully we don't also have to replace Arma.

Captain Dart

Tim Fisher

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lateef is the only one who I can see leaving, even then he could be kept on if Amrstrong and Kent leave. The likes of Burge, Phillips, Haynes and C Thomas need to be kept for back up and all have first team experience if called on

shmmeee

no but resources are limited, and therefore we should be taking from the bottom of the pile and adding to the top

If we need to. Mowbray says he's budgeted and I believe him. Outside of a CB and replacing what we might lose, I'm not sure what we need right now. As we saw with Morris, new signings aren't always better than those we are baying to get rid of.

skybluebeduff

Release Reda, his contract is up anyway in June.

Alliyu will be gone for sure.

Martin
Philips
C.Thomas
Fleck
Finch
O'Brien
Willis
Tudgay
G.Thomas
Di.Evans
De.Evans
C.Harris
Fortune
Lawton
Stokes
Ricketts

All those above players can sign pre contracts with other clubs in January..

mechaishida

Martin
Philips
C.Thomas
Fleck
Finch
O'Brien
Willis
Tudgay
G.Thomas
Di.Evans
De.Evans
C.Harris
Fortune
Lawton
Stokes
Ricketts

I can see C.Thomas, Finch and maybe Fortune dropping down a division...Phillips too, probably. Just hope the majority of that list are retained.

ajsccfc

I don't think domestic transfers can be arranged in January any more, it's nearer the end of the season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't think domestic transfers can be arranged in January any more, it's nearer the end of the season.

I think this is right, conflict of interests if say O'Brien signed a pre contract with Sheffield United. Can only sign a pre contract after the season is finished I think when you have like a month remaining on the contract.

ccfclinney

You can only sign for scottish or foreign club if 6 months left on contract not another English club!
We need to get fleck tied down..

johnwillomagic

Erm most of our loans expire in Jan a bit early to say get rid.......Bigi unproven now for me and loan expires in Jan, Armstrong goes in Jan in theory,
Joe Cole probably gone, Ryan Kent again could go! So too early to say - would keep Burge as back up goalie for sure....also would keep C.Thomas currently.

I think only Finch could and Lateef really plus if possible to free up some wages pay off Reda...

Grendel

Martin
Philips
C.Thomas
Fleck
Finch
O'Brien
Willis
Tudgay
G.Thomas
Di.Evans
De.Evans
C.Harris
Fortune
Lawton
Stokes
Ricketts

No they can't - nice try though

pw362

You can only sign for scottish or foreign club if 6 months left on contract not another English club!
We need to get fleck tied down..

Pre-contracts are generally not binding under English law as they are usually marked ‘Subject to Contract’ and are simply a commitment by the parties to enter into a later contract.

ready_96

Martin
Philips
C.Thomas
Fleck
Finch
O'Brien
Willis
Tudgay
G.Thomas
Di.Evans
De.Evans
C.Harris
Fortune
Lawton
Stokes
Ricketts

You can't be serious....

glancy89

Thomas needs to go - i would loan out Haynes for 4-8 week youth loan - same with the two twins to get some experience.

torchomatic

Thomas. Finch. And yeah, loan out Haynes.

We have players in the development squad like Lawton (when he returns from injury) and Stevenson.

covcity4life

would keep haynes as backup, not like we have loads of defenders(even if he aint the best at actually defending) still potential there

Users who are viewing this thread