Why can't we hold onto a winning position? (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jarse

2-0 up with 12 minutes to go and we fuck up again, what's going on?

Kingokings204

Always been the case for a sling as I can remember. 1 league win this calendar year and it's almost March.

torchomatic

We should be used to it by now. It's happened with most of our managers.

percy

because when we do go ahead in games we dont carry on and try and kill it off. we retreat and invite pressure and hope to hit on the break. this doesnt work against the good teams unless you are really good at it and break as a unit and not just one player at a time with the rest of the team ambling up the pitch.

Tonylinc

because when we do go ahead in games we dont carry on and try and kill it off. we retreat and invite pressure and hope to hit on the break. this doesnt work against the good teams unless you are really good at it and break as a unit and not just one player at a time with the rest of the team ambling up the pitch.
Absolutely spot on. SP was a defender and that is exactly how he thinks.

Astute

Not been working against the shite teams either but he keeps trying the same plan.

Tonylinc

Although questionably a defender. By all accounts he was shite here as a player.....
Must admit that that is also my recollection of him as a player but was prepared to give him time as a Manager. Should have listened to my Scottish friends who told me from the outset that he was a sh@t Manager!

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm going to listen to his post match interview - (although I've already read the main points). No sarcasm, but did CWR ask him any searching questions about tactics, substitution etc ?

Bob Latchford

To be fair, imho, he was a better player than he is a manager... and he was a totally shit player for ccfc !

percy

its not not so much playing on the break but more playing on the brake hence the sloooooooooooow build up

SkyBlueSid

I'm going to listen to his post match interview - (although I've already read the main points). No sarcasm, but did CWR ask him any searching questions about tactics, substitution etc ?

The interviews with CWR somehow remind me of watching a cricket coach throwing practice balls for a batsman to slog to the boundary during the warm up. Rather like at the Telegraph, the standard of journalism at BBC Coventry is nothing short of abysmal. Brown-nosing sycophants, the lot of 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread