Why do we give away so many penalties? (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jarse

Another one on Saturday, wtf's going on?

I think we gave away the most penalties in the league last year and that may have included all divisions!

Kingokings204

Because the football league hate us and they tell refs to screw us every week.

fernandopartridge

Pressley gave away a few in his short spell here as it goes.

The answer is that we're naive. Jordan Clarke particularly appears to have moments of madness though he isn't the only one.

Hobo

It's down to panic, rash challenges, playing on the stretch, getting out of shape, being conned by experienced players...often faults found in the young and inexperienced

Monners

Seem to remember a cup game v West Brom where he got caught out of position and gave away a pen with a desperate lunge (Ndlovu brace won the replay I think). Some of our defending and lack of organisation reminds me of this. Then again, we had Andy Pearce and Peter Billing at a similar time - think SP was bought as a replacement!

oscillatewildly

Seem to remember a cup game v West Brom where he got caught out of position and gave away a pen with a desperate lunge (Ndlovu brace won the replay I think). Some of our defending and lack of organisation reminds me of this. Then again, we had Andy Pearce and Peter Billing at a similar time - think SP was bought as a replacement!
Didn't David Smith net the resulting kick in the final minute to earn WBA that replay?

ccfc92

Because Aaron Phillips isn't playing. Not seen such a good tackler for a long time for us.

Kingokings204

and the odd bad decision or bad luck by the ref imo. If the ref hadn't of given a penalty would Bradford be really that mad? Not really it was 50-50 that the ref chose to take action.

ccfc92

and the odd bad decision or bad luck by the ref imo. If the ref hadn't of given a penalty would Bradford be really that mad? Not really it was 50-50 that the ref chose to take action.

Tbh, I thought it was a blatant penalty. I couldn't see at the game properly, but watching the highlights, RJ had no idea where the ball was and had hold of their player for a good few seconds.

I'm more pissed of at not giving Fleck a pen, which from where I was stood, looked blatant.

Users who are viewing this thread