Wigan & Dave Whelan (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I see Dave Whelan is now being investigating for alleged 'racist' comments, with the complaint coming from one Vincent Tan!

Is he just sour as Wigan now have Malkie McKay as manager, albeit controversial in itself, and is trying to make trouble?

stupot07

I see Dave Whelan is now being investigating for alleged 'racist' comments, with the complaint coming from one Vincent Tan!

Is he just sour as Wigan now have Malkie McKay as manager, albeit controversial in itself, and is trying to make trouble?

Did you see his comment about Jewish people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Evo1883

To be honest .
Wouldnt reffering to somebody as a chink effectively be the same as calling me a brit .
and the jewish money comment , well its hardly adolf hitler is it , its actually a valid observation , they are shrewd with money and in alot of cases have plenty of it .
overreaction as usual by the media ??

stupot07

To be honest .
Wouldnt reffering to somebody as a chink effectively be the same as calling me a brit .
and the jewish money comment , well its hardly adolf hitler is it , its actually a valid observation , they are shrewd with money and in alot of cases have plenty of it .
overreaction as usual by the media ??

Dunno I have no idea where they word originates from, but Vincent Tan is Malaysian, which they (Mackey and Whelen) would be well aware of. So it hasn't been used in the you're a "brit" context.

And are all Jewish people shrewed with money? Or is that just a lazy stereotype?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Evo1883

Dunno I have no idea where they word originates from, but Vincent Tan is Malaysian, which they (Mackey and Whelen) would be well aware of. So it hasn't been used in the you're a "brit" context.

And are all Jewish people shrewed with money? Or is that just a lazy stereotype?

Come on though , its like the americans saying us british have bad teeth , does it bother you or would it lol .
the chink thing i suppose then could be seen as a bit wrong , but its like someone calling me a taff for having the surname evans .
i just think sometimes people look for it thats all .

Grendel

Whelan is a clown and has form for this kind of UKIP style xenophobia.

Once before when asked about black players suffering racist chanting he said they should just "get on with it" as "white players" have to.

Frankly I am surprised he didn't go for Di Canio as manager.

He isn't racist though is our Dave. Oh no - you see he goes on holiday to Barbados and there are lots of black people there

Only in the mind of Dave Whelan will he not see the absurdity of such a comment .

Evo1883

Whelan is a clown and has form for this kind of UKIP style xenophobia.

Once before when asked about black players suffering racist chanting he said they should just "get on with it" as "white players" have to.

Frankly I am surprised he didn't go for Di Canio as manager.

He isn't racist though is our Dave. Oh no - you see he goes on holiday to Barbados and there are lots of black people there

Only in the mind of Dave Whelan will he not see the absurdity of such a comment .

Well i completely disagree with the comments about the racist chants , thats ludicrous .
just dont really see the huge issue in these comments recently made , it all just seems to be a bit over the top

stupot07

Well i completely disagree with the comments about the racist chants , thats ludicrous .
just dont really see the huge issue in these comments recently made , it all just seems to be a bit over the top

It's on the back off hiring a manager who's still under investigation for sending sexist and racist texts, and it wholly doesn't fit in with footballs "kick racism out of football".

Evo1883

It's on the back off hiring a manager who's still under investigation for sending sexist and racist texts, and it wholly doesn't fit in with footballs "kick racism out of football".

Yes i agree , i suppose looking at it and the current situation what with makay taking the reigns , it would have made sense to stay well clear of such comments in the first place .
that being said im just the type that doesnt get offended by much , maybe others are different and i cant really fully understand how comments of this nature would make them feel , everybody is different i suppose

Users who are viewing this thread