Wiggo (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Wow, the guy is an absolute machine. True British legend!

Gint11

Wiggins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Yeah, an amazing achievement, a true legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Skyblueweeman

I had my name and tweet read out! My 15 seconds of fame! The bloke is a legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

Immense effort by wiggo......I personally thought he'd go even further tbh.....hes got such amazing mental strength.

Hats off to a real cycling legend. Puts him right up there with the modern day greats.

Any of you SBT cyclists been on the boards? I highly recommend it....great fun, once you get over the initial shock of exactly how fecking steep they actually are.

I've done a few sessions at Manchester velodrome......great fun.

Skyblueweeman

I went round the Olympic Velodrome for an hour about two months ago JHFC...totally agree...it was brilliant. First time I had ridden a fixed wheel which took a little getting used to. Almost went over the bars when I stopped pedalling once...luckily I was on a wind down lap!

Great fun, really enjoyed it. Will defo be doing the 2nd stage of the 4 part accreditation process.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I went round the Olympic Velodrome for an hour about two months ago JHFC...totally agree...it was brilliant. First time I had ridden a fixed wheel which took a little getting used to. Almost went over the bars when I stopped pedalling once...luckily I was on a wind down lap!

Great fun, really enjoyed it. Will defo be doing the 2nd stage of the 4 part accreditation process.

Ha Ha....yeah, riding a fixe takes a bit of getting used to don't it? I've got an old 531 Peugeot on a fixed wheel that I occasionally commute on.....never been over the bars on it, but the first time I rode one back in the day, I flipped it as I took a corner to sharp & forgot that I couldn't adjust the peddle stroke......pedal hit the road & flipped me right over onto my shoulder....

The good news is that'll you'll only do it once Weeman.....even if it doesn't physically hurt, the shame of it is still etched on my memory.

Did you get a round of applause for your handlebar dismount?

EDIT: Just re-read your post.....you didn't actually dismount. Good job.....Usually a right bunch of piss-taking sarcastic bastards in a velodrome

Covstu

Immense effort by wiggo......I personally thought he'd go even further tbh.....hes got such amazing mental strength.

Hats off to a real cycling legend. Puts him right up there with the modern day greats.

Any of you SBT cyclists been on the boards? I highly recommend it....great fun, once you get over the initial shock of exactly how fecking steep they actually are.

I've done a few sessions at Manchester velodrome......great fun.
Been about four times, its great albeit very very different to road cycling! Takes a while getting used to a fixie!

We are doing the cyclone 24 event in Newport in September, you have a team of 6 and one has to be on the track during the 24 hour period. Going to be fun!

Covstu

EDIT: Just re-read your post.....you didn't actually dismount. Good job.....Usually a right bunch of piss-taking sarcastic bastards in a velodrome

No different to when you topple over when you do not clip out in time on cleats! Its the rules, you agve to take the P**S!

albatross

If the previous world record holder was on the track at the same time he would have been lapped six times!

Covstu

Dowsett will try and again and probably because of his age will eventually take the record back. Big kick off his AD's coach saying Wiggo's bike was illegal, sour grapes methinks.

The previous record holder's coach is bitching and moaning about Wiggins beating the record. Saying he was riding an illegal bike. Talk about a sore loser

Users who are viewing this thread