Wii U Pre Orders Begin, Hope Nobody Has Kids...! (1 Viewer)

Maaaaaardy

Been confirmed that the Wii U will sell on these shores on November 30th for £250 for the basic 8GB model and the upper model shall be priced at £300. Risky by Nintendo as this has very little hype and a big price tag. Success of the Wii was phenomenal but anybody looking at one? Anyone think it'll follow suit?

I won't get one, but I know we have people here who have kids who may want one so yeah. Hope Nintendo do well though, easily one of my favourite companies and they produce some amazing games.

Nick

Administrator
What is so good about it? Is there much difference?

I must admit, even though I have a young daughter I'm not that fussed about it. She has an iPad and the Xbox Kinect so that is more than enough.

Maaaaaardy

Yeah, well it's HD. HD Mario/Zelda etc. would be amazing but I just can't warrant it. I teach year 4 and I can't believe how many have iPads and stuff, all of them want to play Angry Birds too haha, no you can not!

CCFC_Charlie

Prices aren't confirmed yet. There is some sort of legislation in this country where Nintendo aren't allowed to set an RRP for their consoles so the retailers are allowed to decide. It all ways starts of high but I'd expect it to drop by about £30.
What I've seen of it so far has really impressed me.

Otis

Supposed to be the bees knees.

Great graphics and the word is it is going to be so much bigger, better and bolder than the Wii and the games so much better too.

Tad

A couple of things concern me about this.

The tech is more up to date, for now. I'm willing to say it will easily get buried by PS4/720 when they're annouced though. Could do will more memory though.

The pad. Sorry, but it looks far too gimmicky for me. I've seen it being used for one good thing so far. Seems like it just bloats the costs.

Third party support. This has been a problem for a while now. They've got great 1st party games (Zelda, mario, starfox etc), but they struggle to get games like Bioshock etc. They have made some right moves in getting them for Wii U, but I wonder if once its out, it will continue..

Sitting on the fence about getting this just now. I'll wait to see what games are going to come out etc..

Marty

A couple of things concern me about this.

The tech is more up to date, for now. I'm willing to say it will easily get buried by PS4/720 when they're annouced though. Could do will more memory though.

The pad. Sorry, but it looks far too gimmicky for me. I've seen it being used for one good thing so far. Seems like it just bloats the costs.

Third party support. This has been a problem for a while now. They've got great 1st party games (Zelda, mario, starfox etc), but they struggle to get games like Bioshock etc. They have made some right moves in getting them for Wii U, but I wonder if once its out, it will continue..

Sitting on the fence about getting this just now. I'll wait to see what games are going to come out etc..

I think it's just a gimmicky product like the PS move & Kinect. Once the novetly wears off they have no sustainable market.

Nintendo take the piss though, they drip feed their customers with new parts/features. They do have a place in the market but I don't think any hardcore gamer takes it seriously.

Marty

I'll be honest here, if Nintendo is gimmicky then why did Sony AND Microsoft copy it?

It's a gimmick, gimmicks sell. Why did they copy it? One & one reason only, money. Products like the Move & Kinect are not the future of gaming.

Maaaaaardy

TBF I called it gimmicky as well.... ;)

Well, it's a little harsh then IMO. It's a legit console, however the PS3 claimed the Move was entirely their own idea.

Yeah, I bet it had nothing to do with how well the Wii had outsold the Playstation at all.

Ah, Sony. :jerkit:

Marty

Well, it's a little harsh then IMO. It's a legit console, however the PS3 claimed the Move was entirely their own idea.

Yeah, I bet it had nothing to do with how well the Wii had outsold the Playstation at all.

Ah, Sony. :jerkit:

Nintendo claimed the same thing, lets just hope the masses don't hear about the Sega Dreamcast and it's motion sensor controllers released in the early 2000's. ;)

Evans020

If you look up black ops2 Wii u gameplay on YouTube..it looks very good..just as good if not better than ps3 and Xbox ..however I'll wait till the new PlayStation releases..the Wii just has a very immature feel to it lol

Maaaaaardy

Nintendo claimed the same thing, lets just hope the masses don't hear about the Sega Dreamcast and it's motion sensor controllers released in the early 2000's. ;)

Haha, I wouldn't say Nintendo didn't create motion controls. Duck Hunt, Virtual Boy. They're a company ahead of their time, unlike Sony.

rustyredline

Haha, I wouldn't say Nintendo didn't create motion controls. Duck Hunt, Virtual Boy. They're a company ahead of their time, unlike Sony.

Duck Hunt uses a light gun, these were around with the magnovox odyssey in the early 70's. Motion detection was available as early as 1981 with datasoft's "le stick". The virtual boy was dangerous and completely failed as a product. So nintendo did not invent all this stuff. They just good at selling it as TOYS. I stopped buying nintendo products after the snes, which is by far the best thing to ever come from them.

Covstu

Sorry the wii was poor and very gimmicky in my opinion, graphics were pathetic for the time compared to the playstation 3 and xbox 360. Shit, the playstation 1 had better graphics!!

Cannot see this new one competing with those two still, this is a piss poor effort to try and compete, bad move nintendo. Oh and I bet they will release some new titles won't they? Mario 84, Mario kart 72, basically the same games recycled!!!

Users who are viewing this thread