Coventry Telegraph Will Coventry win City of Culture 2021? This is when the decision is announced (1 Viewer)

Otis

Revealing the winner will be arts and culture minister John Glen on Thursday 7th December.

Visit The Coventry Telegraph for More...

So, Thursday is the big day.

Already had this typed up ready and you know I am right. With certain posters it will be impossible to win (you know exactly who you are).

Coventry win - 'It's nothing to be excited about, it's a ridiculously pointless competition anyway.'

Coventry lose - 'Told you Cov was a dump.'

I have my fingers crossed for a win. Would bring a much needed boost to a city that has been downtrodden ever since the Luftwaffe bombed the city to bits in 1940.

If Coventry does indeed win we should all be talking about what it might do in a positive way for the city, but am more expecting 20 pages on how crap Cov is and how disgraceful it is that Wasps were involved.

I think we can all be saddened that Wasps were involved but still celebrate a win for Coventry at the same time can't we?

Am guessing the answer will be no, mind.

clint van damme

I have misgivings about the campaign and certain individuals and organisations involved but when push comes to shove it can only be good for the City so hoping we win but I have got a feeling we won't.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its done wonders for Hull.....although I've read some rather sceptical reports regarding the potential (lack of) longer term uplift that Derry has experienced in terms of investment & employment ........

Good luck Coventry.........from my little corner of the EUROPEAN city of culture 2008

Users who are viewing this thread