Will they ever go? (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

And if so, when?

This much is clear:

- They will never get a return on their investment

- They will never get the Ricoh Arena

- They lost JR1

- They will lose JR2.

- They could get a few million for Ryton and rent somewhere else to make whichever council it is happy

- NOPM is ineffective and detrimental to CCFC because they are no longer funding losses and just cut the budget/sell players accordingly. This just hurts the club more (not that I believe this movement really exists anyway)

So whats next? We need them gone because with them at the helm we will be a non league club in 5 years time. I don't disagree with the break even policy despite many morons on here making out it is something ludicrous. Obviously the preference would be a sugar daddy but that is a pipedream, so if the club is going to be sustainable this needs to happen. But it's how it's done.

They do not give a shit about football and they do not give a shit about the fans. Crucially therefore, they take no responsibility or bear any accountability for the football related decisions being made, and this alone is why we are looking at 4th division football next year. Giving idiots like Mowbray, Venus, and Fisher the free reign to sign the absolute dross they have, will soon see us fall pit of the football league.

But when? Ryton then cut their losses this summer? We can dream. Genuine thoughts welcome

Cavan O'Doherty

And if so, when?

This much is clear:

- They lost JR1

- They will lose JR2.

- They could get a few million for Ryton and rent somewhere else to make whichever council it is happy

- NOPM is ineffective and detrimental to CCFC because they are no longer funding losses and just cut the budget/sell players accordingly. This just hurts the club more (not that I believe this movement really exists anyway)

So whats next? We need them gone because with them at the helm we will be a non league club in 5 years time. I don't disagree with the break even policy despite many morons on here making out it is something ludicrous. Obviously the preference would be a sugar daddy but that is a pipedream, so if the club is going to be sustainable this needs to happen. But it's how it's done.

They do not give a shit about football and they do not give a shit about the fans. Crucially therefore, they take no responsibility or bear any accountability for the football related decisions being made, and this alone is why we are looking at 4th division football next year. Giving idiots like Mowbray, Venus, and Fisher the free reign to sign the absolute dross they have, will soon see us fall pit of the football league.

But when? Ryton then cut their losses this summer? We can dream. Genuine thoughts welcome
Breaking even doesn't work in football. You need investment if you want to get anywhere.

Cavan O'Doherty

You do realise the term investment infers a return at some point don't you?
Would they not get a return if we went up and got the Tv money from the championship? Football clubs don't succeed unless money is pumped into them. It's the way things are I'm afraid. Breaking even is a good business model to have in any business except for a football club

Ian1779

Would they not get a return if we went up and got the Tv money from the championship? Football clubs don't succeed unless money is pumped into them. It's the way things are I'm afraid. Breaking even is a good business model to have in any business except for a football club

It's what a fan ownership model would be exactly like. Break even and probably stay afloat on a month by month basis.

Irish Sky Blue

And if so, when?

This much is clear:

- They lost JR1

- They will lose JR2.

Don't disagree about the break even idea. Investing in football is really another term for donating. However their form of break even is simply cost cutting. They do absolutely nothing to increase turnover and so increase the break even figure. Portsmouth operate on a break even system that is as different as chalk and cheese when compared to Sisu's version. Portsmouth owners care about their club.
Completely disagree about Tony Mowbray. Far from an idiot, a real genuine and honourable football man who deservered to work for better people than the charlatans, the real idiots, who supposedly run our club.

hill83

It's what a fan ownership model would be exactly like. Break even and probably stay afloat on a month by month basis.

As much as I want Sisu to go, I genuinely think fan ownership would be complete madness and fail.

Edit: Unless there was some serious backers involved and it wasn't just me and Dave from the wheatsheaf sticking a tenner in every month.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The only reason managers have signed absolute dross is because thats what the budget allows and in this i am refering to permanant signings. The nature of their business is to asset strip for a profit, they will ring the very last penny they can get by sweating the assets. The only lines of income left are Ryton and player sales, one would think return on players will be minimal so this summer is crucial. Other income would come from damages from JR2 if they can prove their was a dodgy deal. If they are still here next season i can only see a youth team being put out to satisfy league requirements whilst they decide the end game as budgets will be dictated by the lack of ticket sales. We are a number in a ledger at the moment thats not costing them anything other than reputational harm, but to some any publicity is good publicity. Fisher is the only one earning from our plight despite saying he doesnt earn a penny, you dont take dogs abuse for nothing. Roll on the summer eh.

Irish Sky Blue

As much as I want Sisu to go, I genuinely think fan ownership would be complete madness and fail.

Edit: Unless there was some serious backers involved and it wasn't just me and Dave from the wheatsheaf sticking a tenner in every month.

The Trust meeting showed how fan ownership can work. It also doesn't mean being fan owned forever. It could be an interim move once Sisu have gone.

shmmeee

I think a big part is the culture of the club. We've lost that "football culture". Who the fuck is Tim Fisher? A banker IIRC, what experience has he got in football? Brody? Seppala? Igwe?

Since Ranson went who has had that link the the game? Anderson maybe? He's basically an accountant though.

Also the culture feeds down from the top. Sisu don't understand or care about football or CCFC, they don't appoint people who do, why would the rest of the staff?

While I do think we will probably need investment, lack of investment alone isn't half of the problem. We could do a damn sight better on the same budget.

hill83

The Trust meeting showed how fan ownership can work. It also doesn't mean being fan owned forever. It could be an interim move once Sisu have gone.

Fair enough. I hope it would work. But at the moment as a group of fans we can't even decide on a protest, never mind running a club.

robbiekeane

I'm which case we would be worse than breaking even then wouldn't we? We would be making profit which if they took to get a return they would be slated for? Whoever "they" may be.

Just say donations not investment because that's what you mean

shmmeee

Fair enough. I hope it would work. But at the moment as a group of fans we can't even decide on a protest, never mind running a club.

Fans wouldn't need to be literally running the club. You own it and elect someone to run it.

Irish Sky Blue

They're still in Division 4 though!

But building all of the time. Foundations are being laid for them to move forward. 16 k average gates 12k season ticket holders. Buying land around Fratton Park for training facilities. A far better model than the one now inflicted upon us.
What is the translation of your Gaelic tag by the way? Where were your family from? Mine were from Wicklow.

Cavan O'Doherty

I'm which case we would be worse than breaking even then wouldn't we? We would be making profit which if they took to get a return they would be slated for? Whoever "they" may be.

Just say donations not investment because that's what you mean
Let's just pick fault with whatever I say:banghead:

robbiekeane

The only reason managers have signed absolute dross is because thats what the budget allows and in this i am refering to permanant signings. The nature of their business is to asset strip for a profit, they will ring the very last penny they can get by sweating the assets. The only lines of income left are Ryton and player sales, one would think return on players will be minimal so this summer is crucial. Other income would come from damages from JR2 if they can prove their was a dodgy deal. If they are still here next season i can only see a youth team being put out to satisfy league requirements whilst they decide the end game as budgets will be dictated by the lack of ticket sales. We are a number in a ledger at the moment thats not costing them anything other than reputational harm, but to some any publicity is good publicity. Fisher is the only one earning from our plight despite saying he doesnt earn a penny, you dont take dogs abuse for nothing. Roll on the summer eh.
You do realise they've lost millions and millions on this clusterfuck of an investment don't you? Not exactly ringing every last penny out is t

And no I don't think it's just down to the budget. Players like Joe Cole, bigi, Reid, Yakubu are or were all dog shit and wouldn't have been cheap.

robbiekeane

I think a big part is the culture of the club. We've lost that "football culture". Who the fuck is Tim Fisher? A banker IIRC, what experience has he got in football? Brody? Seppala? Igwe?

Since Ranson went who has had that link the the game? Anderson maybe? He's basically an accountant though.

Also the culture feeds down from the top. Sisu don't understand or care about football or CCFC, they don't appoint people who do, why would the rest of the staff?

While I do think we will probably need investment, lack of investment alone isn't half of the problem. We could do a damn sight better on the same budget.
Agree. Owners have to care about the club and football in general. At the very least they have to hire someone to run the club who does

dongonzalos

JR2 lost after two appeals
Ryton sold and us renting pitches for a lower status category academy.
Lower half of division 4
Any player that can be sold will be sold.
Then accept any bid ircgo into administration.
2.5 years tops.

Irish Sky Blue

One of the things that the Portsmouth guy said was to expect the fact that you will never have 100% agreement . You will never carry everyone with you and that there will always be dissenting voices.

Cavan O'Doherty

Well no but when your post is pretty much oxymoronic I'm going to call you out for it. Don't cry
What are you on about? All I said was that a football club needs investment, donations, handouts whatever you want to call it, which is correct. Give me an example of a team that is run on a break even basis that is successful.

Cavan O'Doherty

I'd rather have you and Dave from the Wheatsheaf running the club to be honest!

robbiekeane

What are you on about? All I said was that a football club needs investment, donations, handouts whatever you want to call it, which is correct. Give me an example of a team that is run on a break even basis that is successful.
Here are profitable premier league clubs 2014/2015 as an example

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170225-235157.png
    Screenshot_20170225-235157.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread