World Cup 2026 (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Don't think there will be any meaningful competition for this bid. I think there is a high chance I will be going.
C86NZeHWAAAKHMQ.jpg

Terry Gibson's perm

Mexico who have had it twice since we last had it and America who had it in the 90's nothing like sharing it about.

CJ_covblaze

If we had it it would be fantastic for the economy. However it'd also end up being a boring summer. Removes a lot of the fun by having it on the door step.

Gazolba

It's all about money and more money is made from holding it in the USA than anywhere else.
The other countries are just included for political reasons.
I probably won't be alive then so I don't really care.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The bleedin' yanks don't even play proper football! Bloody pansies!

Houchens Head

Jeez, I've just worked out that I'll be in my mid 70's! That's if I'm still around!

Gazolba

The bleedin' yanks don't even play proper football! Bloody pansies!
The USA men have qualified for the last half-dozen World Cups. The USA women just won the last World Cup (their third win).

Terry Gibson's perm

I can just imagine the negotiations if we give you the World Cup will the FBI leave us alone and get back to our business:emoji_money_mouth:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Ive often thought a joint bid between, Republic/North of Ireland and Scotland and wales would work for either a World Cup or Euros

Christ it would still be less travel then russia
And they'd have the stadiums in place

Houchens Head

Their "football" is just rugby with shoulder pads! Pussies!

CJ_covblaze

Ive often thought a joint bid between, Republic/North of Ireland and Scotland and wales would work for either a World Cup or Euros

Christ it would still be less travel then russia
And they'd have the stadiums in place

I think they went for the Euros a few years ago. Problem is it involves crossing a body of water which both FIFA and UEFA have both frowned upon.

Brighton Sky Blue

Australia got mugged out of the 2022 bid by Qatar and if they really are looking to take it to a new country with emerging football potential surely that is it? Grounds all ready to go, obvious potential and in a prosperous nation to boot.

CJ_covblaze

Australia got mugged out of the 2022 bid by Qatar and if they really are looking to take it to a new country with emerging football potential surely that is it? Grounds all ready to go, obvious potential and in a prosperous nation to boot.

They were as mugged off as we were for 2018. Both decisions should've been reversed the moment it was obvious how they were made. As much as I like foreign tourneys I was genuinely angry when the announcements were made. It stank of corruption from the start.

Brighton Sky Blue

They were as mugged off as we were for 2018. Both decisions should've been reversed the moment it was obvious how they were made. As much as I like foreign tourneys I was genuinely angry when the announcements were made. It stank of corruption from the start.

The only two bids to have red flags raised by the inspection teams were the ones to get awarded tournaments. The only reservation about England was a lack of high speed rail I seem to recall, pales in comparison to what they said about Russia and Qatar.

Captain Dart

Maybe we'll have Beyonce missing a penalty in the opening ceremony this time around.....

I don't think a 45 yr old singer will be top box office.

Users who are viewing this thread