World Cup Winner? (1 Viewer)

2018 World Cup Winner will be...

• Total voters

Tommo72

Who’s going to take the crown this time round...I’m gonna have an outright bet but not sure where to put my cash....be interested to know who gets your vote.

At the moment I can’t see past Brazil....

Otis

Who’s going to take the crown this time round...I’m gonna have an outright bet but not sure where to put my cash....be interested to know who gets your vote.

At the moment I can’t see past Brazil....
Fat are they?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’ve backed France, but their biggest weakness and danger is the manager Deschamps.
Can see them potentially imploding Pogba and him falling out and it all unravelling.

Spain and Germany would be my next picks.

I don’t know enough about Brazil can they do it on a Tuesday night in Sochi.....

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

If Germany can omit Sane from their squad, they must have a fantastic chance of winning, shame !!!

Listened to a pod the other day about this they said Sane wasn’t a guaranteed starter and that’s Louw May see him as a disruptive influence around the squad if he’s not playing, don’t know enough about him but a big call to leave him at home.

Tommo72

Germany have been awful the last three games but they generally come good when they need to, they won’t be far away.

theferret

Don't fancy Spain this time. Looked poor in their last two games, which I know means nothing, but just can't see it.

Couldn't pick a winner tbh. I do fancy England to do better than expected. Not saying they will win it, but the route to the quarter final looks favourable, and who knows from there. So that's us out in the group stage then!

Tommo72

Don't fancy Spain this time. Looked poor in their last two games, which I know means nothing, but just can't see it.

Couldn't pick a winner tbh. I do fancy England to do better than expected. Not saying they will win it, but the route to the quarter final looks favourable, and who knows from there. So that's us out in the group stage then!

I think Southgate is doing a solid job and I expect for a young team and the most inexperienced out there, they may fair pretty well.

Tommo72

I'm as confused as ever now ha ha best of luck with the bet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lol.

I think Griezmann will be right up there and I’d probably go for him if I was going for one...

Messi will also be close no doubt, Argentina don’t seem to score unless he does.

hinckley cov

Some people seem to believe this Brazilian myth every World Cup they think pele is still playing !! They haven’t been that good since 1970 ,England got beat by this same myth the last time we played in the World Cup. Play the team not the myth.

Tommo72

Some people seem to believe this Brazilian myth every World Cup they think pele is still playing !! They haven’t been that good since 1970 ,England got beat by this same myth the last time we played in the World Cup. Play the team not the myth.

Well they have won more world cups than anyone else so it’s hard to ignore. I still think they will be in the final.

skybluetony176

When you go through the groups and the routes to the final I find it hard to see anything other than a Brazil Germany final. I know Germany ain’t been all that lately but they always seem to turn up to tournaments. I think they’ve got enough to get to the final but not win. Brazil seems to have a very easy run to the final.

Sky Blue Harry H

European winners for me. France, Spain, Germany and England in that order of preference.

Tommo72

When you go through the groups and the routes to the final I find it hard to see anything other than a Brazil Germany final. I know Germany ain’t been all that lately but they always seem to turn up to tournaments. I think they’ve got enough to get to the final but not win. Brazil seems to have a very easy run to the final.

We can agree on that lol

Sky Blue Harry H

May all be irrelevant anyway. If Egypt beat Russia, and the host country are knocked out (they'll lose to Uruguay) - Putin will probably cancel the tournament and kidnap all the foreign dignitaries - then blame it all on Otis and his wife.

Tommo72

May all be irrelevant anyway. If Egypt beat Russia, and the host country are knocked out (they'll lose to Uruguay) - Putin will probably cancel the tournament and kidnap all the foreign dignitaries - then blame it all on Otis and his wife.

Russia will be up against it for sure, can see them going out in the group stages. Even Saudi Arabia will push them.

rob9872

Uraguay at 33/1 is huge. Not saying they'll win but very good team at decent oddsLook certain on the route to quarters then just need a bit of luck.

fatso

Germany for sure, boring, predictable, little entertainment, no flair, but ruthlessly efficient.

CJ_covblaze

Brazil, Germany or France. Brazil's starting XI is frightening and the other two could field 2 or 3 teams each that are capable of making the quarter finals. I don't fancy Spain at all. This one might have come a couple of years early for them. Argentina have been rubbish for years. A couple of superb forwards but as a team they've looked clueless and are lucky to be there. For an EW bet with decent odds I'd back Croatia.

CJ_covblaze

Russia will be up against it for sure, can see them going out in the group stages. Even Saudi Arabia will push them.

Russia are terrible. What are the odds on them not scoring a goal?

rob9872

Agree Russia are awful but never discount a host from a good run. Favourable decisions and partisan crowd. Even South Korea made the semis.

Mucca Mad Boys

Listened to a pod the other day about this they said Sane wasn’t a guaranteed starter and that’s Louw May see him as a disruptive influence around the squad if he’s not playing, don’t know enough about him but a big call to leave him at home.

It’s not that big of a call, by all accounts, Sane hasn’t been close to replicating his Man City form for Germany, is yet to score in his 12 appearances. His role is also different for Germany than at Man City which has affected his international form. Ironically, most of the fuss about his omission has come from our press, not the Germans.

Germany are always one of the favourites going into any major tournament.

My pick was France, but regardless of the sport, they tend to be erratic. Either world beaters or they implode and tear themselves appart from the inside.

As for England, getting the quarters has to be the goal and rebuild for future tournaments. There are some promising developments around this current group that.wasn’t there under previous managers. If Kane and Dele perform at their best, we could do really well.

tisza

Russia are terrible. What are the odds on them not scoring a goal?
they like a fix. They've managed to "arrange" being awarded the tournament, they've managed to "arrange" the easiest group so a goal or two shouldn't be difficult to arrange

Covstu

I’ve backed France, but their biggest weakness and danger is the manager Deschamps.
Can see them potentially imploding Pogba and him falling out and it all unravelling.

Spain and Germany would be my next picks.

I don’t know enough about Brazil can they do it on a Tuesday night in Sochi.....
Same here, very strong squad but are likely to kill each other aswell!

Users who are viewing this thread