world cup

Discussion in 'Football & Other Sports' started by Edgey95, Mar 29, 2017.

  1. Edgey95

    Edgey95 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2017
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    56
    Does anyone know how to go about getting world cup tickets for next year? I know they go on sale after the confederations cup. Is it first come first serve or..? A friend said about having to be part of England members club or something, have no idea!

    Thanks
     
  2. Covstu

    Covstu Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2008
    Messages:
    9,698
    Likes Received:
    1,209
    Location:
    Costa del Cov
    I think you have to be a member as a bare minimal. Blaze will know as he goes home and away.
     
  3. Edgey95

    Edgey95 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2017
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    56
    Nice one mate, do you know what else of the top of your head? Cant seem to find shit all online
     
  4. Otis

    Otis Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2011
    Messages:
    46,390
    Likes Received:
    25,380
    My missus is off to Russia on Friday. She can get tickets for games in Volgograd if that is of any help.
     
  5. Liquid Gold

    Liquid Gold Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2013
    Messages:
    5,220
    Likes Received:
    5,280
    Location:
    Brizzle
    1. You have to be a member and registered away supporter which I think costs £80
    2. You have to attend games to acquire 'caps'
    3. When the tickets come out you enter in to a draw, the more caps you have the more likely you are to get a ticket
    4. If you get a ticket the Russians will murder you
     
    ccfc92, Covstu and Edgey95 like this.
  6. Otis

    Otis Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2011
    Messages:
    46,390
    Likes Received:
    25,380
    On point 4 I may know some people who can offer protection.

    Will check rates and get back to you.
     
    ccfc92 likes this.
  7. skybluesam66

    skybluesam66 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2011
    Messages:
    2,933
    Likes Received:
    499
    for the Euros - you could get tickets without being a member - but you did not know who you were going to see
    ie you knew the location and date - but was the luck of the draw who you saw

    the first dibs on england games will then go to members on an individual basis or follow my team basis, but if there are tickets left, they will then go to general sale
     
  8. Terry Gibson's perm

    Terry Gibson's perm Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2014
    Messages:
    8,333
    Likes Received:
    2,401
    Location:
    Nuneaton

    Not long to wait have you got the bunting out yet and the locksmith booked
     
    Otis likes this.
  9. Edgey95

    Edgey95 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2017
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    56
    Cheers mate!
     
  10. Edgey95

    Edgey95 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2017
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    56
     
  11. skybluesam66

    skybluesam66 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2011
    Messages:
    2,933
    Likes Received:
    499
    and england would still fail to qualify from that group
     
  12. Edgey95

    Edgey95 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2017
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    56
    Haha Were not doing bad in the qualifiers tho
     
  13. CJ_covblaze

    CJ_covblaze Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,343
    Likes Received:
    946
    Location:
    Coventry
    Tickets in the England section will be on sale to Travel Club members only. You get 2 caps for each home and away game you go to. The caps that count towards Russia are earned up until and including the friendlies (or if we have a catastrophic run of form, the play offs) this November. You'll get tickets easily for every home game. For away trips we apply and if there's enough tickets to meet demand, everyone that applied can buy no matter what their cap level is. If there's more applicants than tickets there's a ballot. 70% of the tickets go to those that applied with the most caps. The remaining 30% go to everyone else that applied. For tournaments the 70% rule applies but the remaining 30% also might get divided up between those that have been to X or Y amount of games.

    The games that qualify for the ballot for Russia are:
    Scotland away - sold out.
    France away - They're on sale tomorrow-Monday for those that applied but it may not be too late to join as we've got loads of tickets, in fact far more than the number that applied. Once the sale has finished they go on sale to everyone else until they're all sold so if you join you should be fine.
    Malta away - It holds 18,000. We might get loads or just 5%. We don't know atm. Main issue being available flights.
    Slovakia home - No problem.
    Slovenia home - No problem.
    Lithuania away - It sounds like it'll be in Vilnius again. If it is we will only get a few hundred tickets. I'm on 52 caps atm. 53 is the current highest cap level you can be at. There is only around 400 members on the same or more, and I could struggle to be in the 70%. To put it simply, might as well apply but don't be hopeful, it'll be VERY difficult!
    Home friendly - No problem.
    H/A friendly (should be away) - Depends on where we are playing. We are due one in Holland but they might be in the play offs. Another option is Portugal. A frightening prospect is Turkey. Now that would be worse than Russia. Either way if it is away, tickets could well be easy to acquire.

    So it's a maximum of 14 caps but it's more likely to be 8-10 at best. That may be enough to get you tickets for some games.

    However...
    FIFA will also have an open sale that you may get lucky in. You enter an open ballot for tickets in neutral sections for game 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You will not know who is playing and will have to enter your credit card details in. You will not know what they will take until they actually take the money. How many are available is unknown atm.
     
    vow and Edgey95 like this.
  14. Edgey95

    Edgey95 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2017
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    56
    Quality cheers mate, Ill look at getting the supporters card! Only want the england games in the WC, not anything else! Gonna get myself to a few home games to get some caps! :)
     
  15. Edgey95

    Edgey95 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2017
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    56
    Ive made an account, Do i get an actual account? Or just buy the tickets online and the points will go on my account?
     
  16. Otis

    Otis Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2011
    Messages:
    46,390
    Likes Received:
    25,380
    No bunting yet, but I have already got the locksmith booked and that's just to stop my missus getting back into the house when she comes back in two weeks.
     
  17. Terry Gibson's perm

    Terry Gibson's perm Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2014
    Messages:
    8,333
    Likes Received:
    2,401
    Location:
    Nuneaton
    My thoughts exactly
     
  18. CJ_covblaze

    CJ_covblaze Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,343
    Likes Received:
    946
    Location:
    Coventry
    Yeah that one is the free membership which you can use for home games. The Slovenia and Slovakia games will be on sale over the summer. Knowing the FA and their excellent customer service they'll put them on sale to members for 3 hours when we're in Paris. To get access to tournament tickets you have to pay for the ESTC but as I said it's not a guarantee you'll get tickets but with the numbers going to Russia a few home ones could be enough to get you some. Your caps from the free home membership will be added to the paid one.
     
  19. Gazolba

    Gazolba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2013
    Messages:
    5,144
    Likes Received:
    1,675
    I think I'm going to start a business that operates on this principle. Though I suspect it might be illegal.
     
  20. CJ_covblaze

    CJ_covblaze Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Messages:
    3,343
    Likes Received:
    946
    Location:
    Coventry
    You apply, enter your card (credit only, not debit btw, should be noted who they're sponsored by), you get none, some or loads of your money taken and then find out a few days later what you've had the pleasure of paying for. UEFA, FIFA, IOC, ICC, IRB. They all do it. It's brilliant isn't it. Would it matter if it was illegal? Why would that stop them?
     

Share This Page