World XI - who would you pick? (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Out of the current 2010/2011 season players from any league what would your "World XI" be

Heres my go at it.

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Cassilas
Maicon, Vidic, Pique, A.Cole
Essien, Xavi Alonso
L.Messi, F.Lampard, C.Ronaldo
D.Villa​

Subs: P.Cech, David Silva, D.Droga, E.Cambiaso, J.Terry, M.Ozil

Last edited:

stupot07

It's gotta be

Cassilas

Maicon. Puyol. Piqué A.Cole

Xavi Xavi alonso

Messi. Iniesta. Ronaldo

Villa

Subs: van der sarr, merterzeker, ozil, pirlo, benzema, pato, Lahm

Coventry La La La

Here's my 2nd attempt with a more standard formation.

4-3-3

Cassilas
Maicon, Vidic, Pique, A.Cole
Xavi, Essien, Iniesta
Messi, Drogba, Ronaldo​

Subs: G.Bale, F.Lampard, G.Terry, M.Ozil, P.Cech, Xavi Alonso, Puyol.

I think Bale is world Class but Messi, Ronaldo just edge him slightly.​

Last edited:

LastGarrison

If you're just picking your dream team fair enough but I thought you were picking the best players from 2010/2011 so Drogba wouldn't even get near in my opinion.

I think you should just go the whole hog and change your name to Chelsea La La La ;)

gouldberg

Valdes
Dani Alves--Pique--Terry--A.Cole
Xaxi--Essien--V.D.Vaart
Messi--Pedro
Tevez​

gouldberg

What the fuck is the Ashley Cole love in all about?

Any better suggestions? I would have liked to say Budstuber but he hasn't kicked on the way I was hoping. Evra's not all that, Clichy is getting worse as the days go by, Chiellini might have been given a mention but Juve have had a poor season by their standards. Bale plays in Midfield now, Lahm plays mainly on the right. Abidal unfortunately became ill. Maxwell is very good but not quite great. Capdevila is past it, Marcelo is a decent shout but not quite there yet. Chivu is good, but not better than Cole. The same applies to the likes of Bastos, Coentrao, Navarro, Heinze, Taiwo and Pranjic. That just leaves Cissokho who is in a poorer league, Riise who's still playing well but World Class I'm not sure about, and finally Antonini who has been good for Milan, but not one of their best players.

I can't think of many more options really.

gouldberg

Fabio Contrearo, half of Europe want him

[video=youtube;xDgdt8DWgWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDgdt8DWgWg[/video]

He's good, but not quite the finished article (needs to play against better opposition week in week out), which is why I wouldn't consider him for World 11 this year. Despite all the interest in him, he is only playing in Portugal, which is not in my opinion an elite league (it's a very good league, but not elite). A move to a better league combined with his current rate of development would certainly make him a great shout next year, but this year he hasn't proved himself in a top 4 league (England, Spain, Italy, Germany). In 12 months time though I'll very probably be picking him, well, I will unless he does a Bale and makes his way into midfield, which wouldn't completely surprise me.

Last edited:

stupot07

What the fuck is the Ashley Cole love in all about?

Isn't it funny everyone (including the media) goes on about Rooney, lampard, gerrard, Terry being world class but Ashley cole is by far our most consistent performer in an England shirt, who used to have Ronaldo in his pocket pretty much every time he's played against him. He is a vile little man but is a world class left back.

II Jakubecz x

---------Casillas--------
Maicon Vidic Pique Cole
--------Xavi Alonso------
Ronaldo-------Messi
---------Iniesta----------
----Bent-------Tevez----​

Il Pirata

Any better suggestions? I would have liked to say Budstuber but he hasn't kicked on the way I was hoping. Evra's not all that, Clichy is getting worse as the days go by, Chiellini might have been given a mention but Juve have had a poor season by their standards. Bale plays in Midfield now, Lahm plays mainly on the right. Abidal unfortunately became ill. Maxwell is very good but not quite great. Capdevila is past it, Marcelo is a decent shout but not quite there yet. Chivu is good, but not better than Cole. The same applies to the likes of Bastos, Coentrao, Navarro, Heinze, Taiwo and Pranjic. That just leaves Cissokho who is in a poorer league, Riise who's still playing well but World Class I'm not sure about, and finally Antonini who has been good for Milan, but not one of their best players.

I can't think of many more options really.
Chiellini is a centreback anyway. You've mentioned the better others: Evra, Coentrao, Cissokho. The sad thing is that it possibly is Cole.

Knowledge

-----------------Reina----------------

--Maicon----Vidic----Luiz-----Cole----

-----------Xavi-----Iniesta-----------

---Ronaldo-----Modric-------Messi----

------------------Villa-------------

Last edited:

Hincha

got to be,

-----------D.James
---------Dunne Collins
Gattuso Barton Savage Brown
-----------Bellamy
----Bent Bothroyd Hughes

telferstekkers

You missed out a " :jerkit:" on Rooney, Ronaldo & Fletcher

Can you tell i was raised by a united fan, they're effectively my second team.

Rooney is without doubt a little gobs***e, but on his day he's a world beater, Ronaldo I have nothing but admiration for. Fair enough he 'engineered' his move to madrid but like he said there was nothing left to win in England, (unless he joined liverpool and had a crack the Europa League :))

And Fletcher is my idol, he is everything i like in a footballer, under-rated, not afraid to get stuck in and makes big name players seem anonymous when they play against him. It was telling that he was missing when united got destroyed by Barca in the champions league final.

CovfanDan

Crickey, that didnt work out well, but you know what i mean, Busquets holding, Valdes not behind Alves but in nets and Iniesta not holding Xavi's hand!

Marty

Casillas
Lahn Vidic Cole
Alonso
Xavi Iniesta
Messi Villa Ronaldo​

bit undecided on the 2nd center back, has to be a more ball playing CB then Vidic, similar to Ferdinand but not him can't stand him 1 bit.

CovScott88

GK - Casillas/Julio Cesar
RB - Ramos/Sagna
LB - Cole/Evra
CB - Vidic/Lucio
CB - Pique/Chiellini
CM - Xavi/Sneijder
CM - Iniesta/Xabi Alonso
CM - Fabregas/Wilshere
RW - Messi/Pedro
LW - Ronaldo/Bale
ST - Villa/Milito