World's Best Free Kick Taker (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody else seen bits about him in the press and him going to train with Liverpool as a trick?

[video=youtube;m_GSeYDt2Gw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_GSeYDt2Gw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I could do that if I had little kids in goal and the power to remove things from film.

Gazolba

That kid is so obese he would not last 15 minutes of a real game.
Best ever free kick was the one scored by Roberto Carlos that bent right past the wall and then bent left inside the post.
But with free-kicks a lot depends on the type of ball used and that has changed many times over the years.

Covstu

I have done some spectacular free kicks as a kid with my Shoot 99 ball. The curve i used to get was awesome!

rob9872

Ronaldo for me. Complete bellend, but awesome player.

kg82

Ronaldo for me. Complete bellend, but awesome player.

Up until last weekend he hadn't scored a free kick in over a year. Although he was the first one I can remember hitting the ball with the side of his foot to get the ball to move a lot in the air - the one that stands out was against Pompey when David James was in goal.

I think for pure excitement (and relief), my favourite's Beckhams against Greece

As for best free kick taker... Not sure. Maybe someone like Shearer or Pearce. No nonsense free kicks that were mostly on target and a lot of the time unstoppable!

LB87ccfc

Up until last weekend he hadn't scored a free kick in over a year. Although he was the first one I can remember hitting the ball with the side of his foot to get the ball to move a lot in the air - the one that stands out was against Pompey when David James was in goal.

I think for pure excitement (and relief), my favourite's Beckhams against Greece

As for best free kick taker... Not sure. Maybe someone like Shearer or Pearce. No nonsense free kicks that were mostly on target and a lot of the time unstoppable!

You miss Carlos - was much better at freekicks than both.

rondog1973

Zico or Eder from the Brazil 82 team for me.

The footballs used nowadays make it far easier to put spin, swerve, curl and pace on it as do the boots they wear.

kg82

[/B]You miss Carlos - was much better at freekicks than both.

He was another that was hit and miss though. His free kicks were spectacular, but they were largely inconsistent. The ones he got right were excellent though.

Users who are viewing this thread