Would promotion be a good thing under SISU? (1 Viewer)

ccfcchris

Or would it make them even less likely to want to sell the club.
It's perceived that they haven't invested that much in the team so would it galanize them into thinking they could take it futher?

ccfcchris

I think you have judged that spot on. They just don't give a shit about the football team. If we do get promotion, while Sisu remain owners, L1 is the best it gets.
We know they don't give a shit about the team but the point I'm trying to make is if they feel they can progess on very small investment they may be encouraged to stay on.

CovBurty

We know they don't give a shit about the team but the point I'm trying to make is if they feel they can progess on very small investment they may be encouraged to stay on.
What makes you think they are even considering moving on? imo unless they are offered silly money they are staying long time.

Adge

Well we all want promotion this season without a shadow of a doubt. I was speaking to Boddy recently and he has minimal contact with the owners. Said maybe once a week if that and said they are not interested in the day to day things at the football club.
My worry is I can see Robins calling it a day if we went up as he would be going to the owners for a L1 budget to compete and when rebuffed will say he has taken it as far as he can.

Sky Blue Harry H

It will help reignite some of the fan base, which has to be a positive all round (not convinced it affects SISU that much, maybe encourages would be purchasers, though?)

Kingokings204

Why would any fan doubt if promotion would be a good thing?

Im assuming we got relegated last season because of brexit (private joke)

Exactly this. Any promotion in any league is a good thing regardless of owner.

Covstu

This is a similar arguement to NOPM I reckon. If no one goes they will just pack up, if we are in league 2 no one will go and they will just pack up?

Both haven’t got them to pack up have they.

Equally they did give MR funds to bring in a significant number of signings this year, whether they are good enough is another question. Equally you have to cut your cloth accordingly, if we are getting 5/6k each game you can hardly bring in big players at expensive wages. Really don’t understand some fan logic at times

clint van damme

I'd be delighted to get 3 successive promotions under them, followed by an EPL win and a Champions league victory. They could litigate to their hearts content and I wouldn't care. In fact I'd be happy to carry their solicitors briefcase to court for them.

Nick

Administrator
Sisu are to strange to call

giphy.gif

covcity4life

promotion will be a great thing no matter the owners

if sisu decide hey success is good,we mad emoney from checkatrade win and now also promotion,attendences are rising etc,lets stay on at ricoh and give mark robins maximum resources we can to try get promtoion from league one too then that is great too?

once you are in championship you are one season away from £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ after all

lets focus on league 2, then league 1, i think sisu can bankroll that

also dont forget if we did manage to win checkatrade(done),league 2 and league 1(promotions if not league title) it would represent the best era in many many ccfc fans lives in terms of winning silverware

no owners will stop me enjoying ccfc winning stuff

CovBurty

promotion will be a great thing no matter the owners

if sisu decide hey success is good,we mad emoney from checkatrade win and now also promotion,attendences are rising etc,lets stay on at ricoh and give mark robins maximum resources we can to try get promtoion from league one too then that is great too?

once you are in championship you are one season away from £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ after all

lets focus on league 2, then league 1, i think sisu can bankroll that

also dont forget if we did manage to win checkatrade(done),league 2 and league 1(promotions if not league title) it would represent the best era in many many ccfc fans lives in terms of winning silverware

no owners will stop me enjoying ccfc winning stuff
You have a valid point. The owners just have x amount to spend based on fans going. If we win games, most fans don't give a shit who r owners. My problem is finding that little extra funding to push us on. e.g..January transfer windows. Sisu have massively failed on this one. My issue last season was focus on cup rather than league (many disagree on my point). The money made on cup was lost on relegation less fans week in week out. So Sisu may be happy with promotion but only financially. Cos that's as far as it goes. They have no interest in team it's about the profit only. I do agree with you in principle but it's how we got here that sticks with me. Most of us go to watch/support Cov City not the owners. It's their duty (old school) to attempt to improve the football team to get that loyalty from fans. I'm not sure this lot have that in them. So promotion may/could possibly change that. I doubt it. But promotion will be the make or breaking of this club this season. Sorry if I'm waffling.

dongonzalos

This is a similar arguement to NOPM I reckon. If no one goes they will just pack up, if we are in league 2 no one will go and they will just pack up?

Both haven’t got them to pack up have they.

Equally they did give MR funds to bring in a significant number of signings this year, whether they are good enough is another question. Equally you have to cut your cloth accordingly, if we are getting 5/6k each game you can hardly bring in big players at expensive wages. Really don’t understand some fan logic at times

You still don’t have NOMP.
There are over 4000 season ticket holders.
If nobody turned up SISU would have to relinquish the club.
That however would never ever happen.
(Hence why NOMP won’t work)
Anything over 4000 season tickets sales for league 2 is fantastic.
So they cut their cloth accordingly.
Their aim is for the club to pay for itself and it to not cost them a penny.
Whilst they hope and pray the legal action either forces ACL to its knees and/or they get serious compensation.
In the meantime they try to get the club as high as they can whilst spending as little as possible so when they do eventually have to sell it is worth as much as possible.
Unfortunately with them trying to not put in a penny and the animosity they have created from the fans towards them.
The best we can hope for is league 1 under this model.
The model can’t change because of the anomisity they have created with the people they need help from.
Also the longer they can go without it costing anything the longer they get to see if Wasps plan is viable.

Last edited:

SkyBlueZack

If nobody turned up, they would cut the budget accordingly. They wouldn't have to relinquish control at all unless they chose to. Stop talking shit.

Captain Dart

If nobody turned up, they would cut the budget accordingly. They wouldn't have to relinquish control at all unless they chose to. Stop talking shit.
He just said that would never happen, try reading the argument more carefully.

Covstu

You still don’t have NOMP.
There are over 4000 season ticket holders.
If nobody turned up SISU would have to relinquish the club.
That however would never ever happen.
(Hence why NOMP won’t work)
Anything over 4000 season tickets sales for league 2 is fantastic.
So they cut their cloth accordingly.
Their aim is for the club to pay for itself and it to not cost them a penny.
Whilst they hope and pray the legal action either forces ACL to its knees and/or they get serious compensation.
In the meantime they try to get the club as high as they can whilst spending as little as possible so when they do eventually have to sell it is worth as much as possible.
Unfortunately with them trying to not put in a penny and the animosity they have created from the fabs towards them.
The best we can hope for is league 1 under this model.
The model can’t change because if the anomisity they have created with the people they need help from.
Also the longer they can go without it costing anything the longer they get to see if Wasps plan is viable.
Agree, we don't have NOPM, we have a hybrid of both and probably the worst of both worlds. I still don't believe that if no one attended they would sell the club, what evidence of that is there? We have seen us relegated 3 times (2 under their leadership) and nothing has changed. If no one turned up they would probably be forced to sell our talent and any potential assets we have i.e. Ryton etc. which would probably put us down into non league.

I think they have an exit strategy and your probably right its pending on any outcome of the legal proceedings but equally they will have a figure in mind to exit CCFC but I think they would expect their pound of flesh before doing so.

Captain Dart

I don’t think they care either way. As long as CCFC aren’t asking for money, they’re happy.

I don't quite agree with you there.
I think they would like the club to be better than just self financing, they want to show a profit as this pushes the sale price up.
I also think they'll be looking at asset realisation to achieve this objective, this may mean selling players and Ryton before they exit the club.
I don't think for a minute they are interested in being guardians of CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread